Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: Proposed Class Rebalance
Rounder wrote:
As long as Massif IIIs cannot be used as trade slaves then RC 19 is fine, else we are talking about a trade slave that is exponentially better than what is available pre RC 19.

whats wrong with a 180 speed 120k hull trade slave? >.>
they are limited to gunner/FC, but yes they can do more then 5 levis will

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:53 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Chaosking3 wrote:
If your math makes sniper obtain less intial DPS than Zerker that is only because your set-up is based around using a high analysis supporting set-up. That maked sense but now that analysis is being scaled down you do not have to have such a elec support sink.

Sniper is still by far the superior DPS class. We could scrap anal this second and it would still be true. They have no reason to aug for tanking beyond the shields needed to survive cc/mob, all of their DPS is very on target and they have the range to maintain very consistant DPS. I also believe class skills offer way more sustainable DPS but I'll leave that up to someone else.

Actually you are wrong, and Jeff is quite well aware of it. Berserker does quite a bit more burst DPS than zero-analysis Sniper. It's getting a little tiresome that you apparently can't be bothered to multiple two numbers together before making a claim.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Not really. Berserkers have inferior DPE, so either they aug to circumvent this or focus on bursts of damage.

So, snipers have more sustained dps- burst? They can use a cerberus augmenter.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:29 am
over 9000!

The Salty One wrote:
Not really. Berserkers have inferior DPE, so either they aug to circumvent this or focus on bursts of damage.

I didn't say Snipers can't put out more sustained damage. That is definitely true due to their DPE. But to claim that Sniper can do more DPS than Berserker in any situation is too simplistic.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:37 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

If you actually read my post in it's entirety then maybe your last one would hold water. If you noticed I said sustained DPS and covered the fact that Zerker cannot gets all of its damage on target as consistently as Sniper can. Along with that is also the point that a squad based sniper (and most solo) do not need to aug for anything past damage, if a Zerk tried that it would not go very well. This is where I say it is a little tiresome to have you argue every point of any post I make without really giving it thought.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:02 am
over 9000!

It's not my job to figure out all the feelings you were having when you wrote your post. If you didn't want to claim that Snipers obtain more initial DPS than Zerkers, you should have picked a different sentence to lead off with.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 am

Or you could have read the whole thing before responding. Using everything I said in the post the main sentence holds true.

Last edited by Chaosking3 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:07 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

anilv wrote:
The Salty One wrote:

I didn't say Snipers can't put out more sustained damage. That is definitely true due to their DPE. But to claim that Sniper can do more DPS than Berserker in any situation is too simplistic.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:08 am
over 9000!

That is a decent point about Cerb aug. I am not sure whether it boosts initial Sniper DPS with non-physical weapons past Berserker level. With the initial balance of content I would tend to prefer a Berserker or single-fire Prawn Sniper to a Cerb-augged Prawn Sniper, but they have their uses.

@Spatzz: I did read your whole post and some of it was valid. I still don't see why it's my responsibility to sort through your statements and only keep the things that are true. Perhaps you should read your own posts before submitting.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 am

I'll make this my last response to you on this particular point, it is not really adding to the discussion. If you refuse to read, process and take an entire body of writing as a whole then do not be surprised when you run into things in life that do not make sense. Not understanding is one thing and forgivable, trying to argue on partial knowledge and refusing to be corrected with facts prelisted is just rude. I am not sure what in my post confuses you but it really just seems you are reading something that is not there or simply picking one sentence to the exclusion of others. Neither are healthy practices when trying to disseminate information.

If you have an issue then question that issue, there is no need to take pot shots at an author because you just "don't agree".

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 am
Team: Traders
Main: -X-
Level: 5873

JeffL wrote:

Seer

Seer will gain more debuffing abilities, survivability, and also gain some sustained DPS.

• Psionic Shrouding gives Seer 1-((visibility + 10) / 100) chance to avoid damage
  • Seer Skill gives -40% electric tempering
    Very nice as a reverse approach.
  • Seer Skill gives +100% damage on all weapons that have parasites (both actual weapon damage, and damage from the parasites)
  • Adding in new type of diffuser that reduces reflectivity
    Does this include a beefy t21 version
  • Adding in new augmenter stat that reduces reflectivity
    Add to AoS?
  • Seer class super item that does electron clouds to help in bright galaxies
    Clouds dont work on reflectivity atm, I think its a bug.
  • Adding in some augs (and possibly items) that reduce reflectivity

The only thing I would strongly suggest is a very good exterminator. Since we will be very incorporated with parasites. = High burst fire appetite + Pest control

Also seer cant sustain dps without crit rate, why isnt it in the class yet? There are no t21 augs for decent crit rate either. Dont forget hull probs. If you want utility, why not -% size on all equipped items? Since gear cramming causes gear issues, mainly weapon selection.

DEATH TO DRACO
I AM GOD

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:45 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Seer gets Critical Hit Percentage from Ambushes.

Support

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm
over 9000!

Blue Dwarf wrote:

And firing visibility means it's impractical to take advantage of this bonus if you are trying to DPS something.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:40 pm

Not to mention I don't like the idea that everything any class needs is already in their class skills. Seers pre t21 used to go what, Athena+, 3 Seer Mast? Their Crit Rate Chance was pretty horrible but no one expected to crit on every shot, it was just something to aim for. Now however it is pretty simple to get at or near a 100% rate using things like AoS and Reaver. It is just a balance, I could go 4 CoH+ but I don't (CAN you even crit with a set-up like that?)

This is also in line with how people want more hostility in Zerker skills. I just feel like we have augging for a reason, you need to pick exactly what you want out of the class. A Sniper who does not aug for range is only going to have an advantage when sitting still really, soon as they start moving their range skill drops off fast.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:42 pm
Team: Traders
Main: -X-
Level: 5873

Blue Dwarf wrote:

anilv wrote:
And firing visibility means it's impractical to take advantage of this bonus if you are trying to DPS something.

Chaosking3 wrote:
Not to mention I don't like the idea that everything any class needs is already in their class skills. Seers pre t21 used to go what, Athena+, 3 Seer Mast? Their Crit Rate Chance was pretty horrible but no one expected to crit on every shot, it was just something to aim for. Now however it is pretty simple to get at or near a 100% rate using things like AoS and Reaver. It is just a balance, I could go 4 CoH+ but I don't (CAN you even crit with a set-up like that?)

^This

PS. 4 CoH+ is -64% crit rate. Not including the 60% from stealth, so with dph you have a wopping 4% crit rate.

If only you didnt need stealth for ambush, but id lower the crit rate.

DEATH TO DRACO
I AM GOD

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:02 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next