Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Re: Neurobinding items
I was thinking much more abundant than dementium frags. They should be easily obtainable and plentiful for normal people doing normal things, but be a limit on insane people who buy 1000 of an item and NB every one to try to get their exact triple modded desire.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: babby spanch
Level: 6369

This suggestion is awesome! Finally I can get the Basil Mega Sheath*Amp+Ext I have always dreamed of.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I still think unmodding should be possible... Everyone is going to NB mod their main items such as their weapons and when you get dynamic it could actually make the item worse in some cases.

I like the idea of needing 10x the commodity to unmod an item and the commod being fairly uncommon. Actually, it should be even more than 10x, maybe like 25x just to stop people from retrying everytime they dont get their double/triple modded desires.

I mean what's 10 dem to anyone these days, right?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

JeffL wrote:
I was thinking much more abundant than dementium frags. They should be easily obtainable and plentiful for normal people doing normal things, but be a limit on insane people who buy 1000 of an item and NB every one to try to get their exact triple modded desire.

For NBing items up to tech 5 - basic augs (10 (or whatever is reasonable) of any basic aug, so you can use 5 docking and 5 stealth such). Std aug for items up to tech 10, etc. Turn in 10 random good augmenters, and receive a Bindomite IV, to NB your tech 13 (or below) item.

For T20 items - how about those damn Zebra Communiques from UZ?

For T21... Titan gear, capital lasers and appollo collectors? Nah, maybe heph, ares, etc. frags.

And as for limiting people who can buy an endless amount of these items... Just make it possible to only NB it once. If you get a poor mod (that might even make the item worse) - tough luck. It's a gamble, and you don't _have_ to do it. Just like you don't _have_ to NB your Oly gear today. You do it knowing that you might class-change that char some day, or that SS items/classes can get nerfed any day.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:32 am
Profile WWW