Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: None
Level: 0

Post Re: Transdimentional Warping
What stops the defending team from doing the exact same thing? When you go use TW and relocate your forces, the enemy has to track you down, and once that is done, they can also use TW and end up in the exact same spot.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Cannot deploy warp beacon inside hostile galaxy.
If you want fluff, the beacon gets one shot by a base.
Or you activate a warp jammer on a base, preventing the beacon in the first place.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:17 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Hmmm how about you must have temp drones down for a certain amount of time (few minutes, perhaps?) before it's usuable.

They should be fairly easy to kill tho so no 100k shields...

Would give the players a chance to stop the warp from happening?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

heylo wrote:
Hmmm how about you must have temp drones down for a certain amount of time (few minutes, perhaps?) before it's usuable.

They should be fairly easy to kill tho so no 100k shields...

Would give the players a chance to stop the warp from happening?

Someone should tell all the AI/players i fight that 100k shields isn't easy to kill

I don't think they've gotten the update.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Give them so low shield that they can be killed by anyone that even tries. Like 5k perhaps.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:05 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

I love how TFC is actively trying to downvote this on the voting page :lol:

Almost gives me enough motivation to log in all my 7 accounts instead of just one of them.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Very cool, would be cool if we could use it in uber zones as well. That way only the squad leader has to make the travel all the way to Oly Entrance as a example...

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:24 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

heylo wrote:
I'm on russel's side with this one. Dropping temp drones to get around the universe quickly can be very overpowered imo. I'm a pvp whore, so I'll look at this from a pvp point of view.

Say your team is attacking a galaxy on the northside of the enemy team's space and find yourself you can't handle it. Some SD can just warp to the south side of the enemy team's space, drop a temp drone and with an FC in the squad, the whole team is suddenly on the other side of the defending team's space, which could be up to 15-20 jumps away. Surely you see my concern how this might open up certain tactics that aren't quite intended..?

For perma drones, however, I fully support the idea and think its a great addition to the game.

And the defending team has permanent warp beacons on every edge of their front, so they all instantly warp wherever they need to be without even needing to organize around a FC.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Yeah except as defending team you got no clue where they're warping to so they'd still gain an edge.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:35 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Just for shits and giggles, remove all the TFC votes from the voting pool (temporarily, that is). I'd love to see what great suggestions their butthurt sphincters couldn't handle.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:03 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Unholychaos
Level: 4772

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Just for shits and giggles, remove all the TFC votes from the voting pool (temporarily, that is). I'd love to see what great suggestions their butthurt sphincters couldn't handle.

Actually claerypoo, the idea of the pvp aspect behind these drones is insanely OP. It would be great for travel purposes, but as a tool to bring an entire invading force to an enemy gal is totally unreasonable. I like the proposed idea of it needing to be deployed for a certain time limit before it could work, that would make it a little bit more fair. Or possibly have a team message alerting that a warp drone has beem laid in their gal with a possible countdown til its active.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

I felt like this would be something about seers with warp 5. Guess not.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I don't have any problem with a minimum time on the fleet beacon, as long as it wasn't much more than 30 seconds, or with a message to the team that there is a beacon deployed there.

If people are worried about PvP, I also don't see any reason why we couldn't do something like take off half or more of all the warping people's shields.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Could we have the temporary drones function in a similar way to (what I remember of) travel in StarControl? So the FC and his squad would enter hyperspace and travel a distance based on the total number of jumps skipped, say 2k+ 50 distance per jump.

If the target galaxy is owned that team will be given a warning message for the duration of the warp.

I don't really like the idea of simply warping into enemy space though, as it makes fortified border galaxies even less effective. Whatever you do please ensure that players can't warp to DGs (they aren't owned, so the enemy team wouldn't even be warned).

As for negative side effects, I'd say that - damage resistance is more meaningful than a halved shield bank, as a few shms could easily heal the squad back up to full before anything happens.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:35 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

In light of past comments and Jeff_L's idea, I propose this for Transdimensional Warping.

1. To warp, you need a Capital Ship with a Trans Warp Aura. Considering a TWA is FC-locked, you also need a FC.

2. The squad must be within 500 distance of the FC for 30 seconds while the TWA charges.

3. The distance traveled is equal to the total Astral Travel plugged into a formula so most squads jump up to 30 warps.

4. After jumping, all squad members are greeted with a Trans Warp Exit Aura, which will reduce shield, regen, damage, and speed by 50% for 30 seconds. All squad members will also be left with only 10% of their energy, but that won't be affected by the aura. All players that made the jump will be sitting on the warp that the players would have normally AP'ed through if they were APing.

5. You cannot jump to:
- Hostile owned galaxy
- galaxy owned by warred team
- galaxy owned by a team that warred you
- if one member meets the war criteria, the whole squad cannot warp to that galaxy

6. Teams can deploy permanent warp anchors for warping through their team space without a FC. These anchors are specialized unattached T20 bases (alternatively 20 physical drone slot perma drones) with 0 aug slots and 0% resist, which gives attackers a chance to break the warp network in a team's space. The anchors are also pretty expensive.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next