Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Station Management 21 Galaxy
Perhaps a Recon/Combat Focus ship with 0 aug slots, a decent amount of hull and a semi-low speed would be a solution for the problems classes currently have with moving basegear around?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:47 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

heylo wrote:
Perhaps a Recon/Combat Focus ship with 0 aug slots, a decent amount of hull and a semi-low speed would be a solution for the problems classes currently have with moving basegear around?

Correct. Or just non-freighter ship that is comparable to a Support Focus Dark Freighter but doesn't receive hull bonuses from any class.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:53 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

That idea is the most balanced. A ship with say 40k hull, 80 speed, no aug slots, no effects from any skills including bar skills. A ship type of it's own to allow classes that are not in the Support or Fleet Focus to properly build.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:14 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Chaosking3 wrote:
That idea is the most balanced. A ship with say 40k hull, 80 speed, no aug slots, no effects from any skills including bar skills. A ship type of it's own to allow classes that are not in the Support or Fleet Focus to properly build.

Yup, this is what I was getting at. I see no earthly reason why choice of combat class should affect your ability to build in a game that desperately wants to be considered a sandbox game.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:35 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

I remember you bringing it up awhile ago, I think I was against it then but not sure why, it just makes to much sense. Even simple things like moving 2 Achilles Radars to XYZ for Radar 17/18 or moving an Energy Bank to Serpica for a PWI can be an amazing feat on classes like Zerker and Seer. To do the Achilles Radars on my Seer I remember having to use two Heph augs on a Behemoth and had to bring them both in on my Engineer then toss one at a time. A sand box game should not have such a built in limit for half the classes.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:40 pm