Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Post Drone Idea
What if the current system would stay in, along with generators.
*Generators make 1 neuro bound drone when used and put it in your ship. No maximum, but spamming your hull full is just pointless.
*You can still lay drones the old-fashioned way.
*Building a generator takes a number of the according drone.
I find it easy to implement, there already are items that create items when used.
*No severe changes to the way the game works.
*Generator takes the space of 3-6 drones(whatever is balanced)
*Generated drones take little space.
*Generating a drone should take money or energy.

The point is that all the stocks of drones would still be used. Droners could choose which way to go, drones or gens. Or a mix of both.

Noone would be forced to switch to a new system, they can continue just like before. Those that want, however, can build gens, gens cost a bit more, but losing a drone won't be a problem then.

Last edited by Xonok2 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:19 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Post Re: Drone Idea
way to jack ideas from 3-4 people who worked hard on it. Don't re-post suggestions.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:13 pm
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25

How about making Drone generator take 1x Named drone to build they Generate 1x Neurobound nameddrone at the cost of 1x destroyed named drone and 1 day or something like that

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:34 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

SwiftDeath wrote:
How about making Drone generator take 1x Named drone to build they Generate 1x Neurobound nameddrone at the cost of 1x destroyed named drone and 1 day or something like that

So your basically saying that the person can repair their destroyed drones once a day?

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Massif Delta
Level: 1487

This game just suddenly became retarded with the introduction of C2, why do you guys think I quit

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:13 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

THE Massif Destruction wrote:
This game just suddenly became retarded with the introduction of C2, why do you guys think I quit

Go away and stop trolling a forum that doesn't need you :-P

Anyways yes go read Biggee's topic on drone suggestions, xonok, and edit your post with all the different ideas in there for people to discuss..

I said generator could be made from 1-6 drones that would make that may drones, that would be neurobound. Seems like a good idea in my opinion.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:18 pm
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25

Camsy wrote:
SwiftDeath wrote:

So your basically saying that the person can repair their destroyed drones once a day?

well then add a 20m cost to it, that way Engis lose a bit more then rest of classes when dieing whit drones out

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Massif Delta
Level: 1487

a jedi master wrote:

No, srsly. Everything was perfect until all this charging stuff came along...

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:01 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

a jedi master wrote:

Well, it's not that charging caused it... It's just that was the tip of the iceberg. When did charging start anyways? Can't find it...

Edit: First found mention; Dec 2009
Only one hint of what would come to be found.
Innocent statement but implementation was... fine.
Only one slight change came of it.
Dung pellets no longer fire with absolutely zero energy regen and energy,

You're going to need to find a bit more as the cause.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:14 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

a jedi master wrote:
way to jack ideas from 3-4 people who worked hard on it. Don't re-post suggestions.

More of a way to combine. It doesn't fit in any of the previous suggestion threads, so i made a new one for this combination.

a jedi master wrote:

Has nothing to do with charging. The problem had been there for long, but with the repair system it became very apparent. Noone else loses as much droners upon death.
EDIT:And noone else becomes pointless from dying once.
Camsy wrote:
SwiftDeath wrote:

That's why i suggested that it takes 3-6 drones of the type. It would cost at least as much as the set that you can lay with it.
1 day probably wouldnt be a good idea, the whole point is that droners dont fall out of battle.
Xonok wrote:
*Generators make 1 neuro bound drone when used and put it in your ship. No maximum, but spamming your hull full is pointless.
That's why it would be able to lay a whole set, easyer than 6 gens per drone type i think.
a jedi master wrote:

Anyways yes go read Biggee's topic on drone suggestions, xonok, and edit your post with all the different ideas in there for people to discuss..

I said generator could be made from 1-6 drones that would make that may drones, that would be neurobound. Seems like a good idea in my opinion.

I have read every single topic in suggestions for the past few months. I take ideas from everywhere, but what i did was suggest the combination that i see as the best. Not saying it is, just what i think. If there's a problem with any of them or the combination then go ahead and tell what. I'll edit the original suggestion. That's how i see it works.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Easy way to balance: Make engineers require the same high initial investment for their weapons (generators), and just have repair costs for generators, just like every other class does for their main weapons. Done.

There is no sense whatsoever in requiring a class to spend exponentially more than any other class during the course of its existence just to be able to play.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Biggee = Engineer God.

I've been itching to develop some radical engineer setups, but with the huge costs over time if something goes wrong from my lack of judgment, cowardly pvping snipers killing low level alts, or the server crashes, I refuse to level my engineer willingly, let alone finish those setups.

Admins respond to Biggee yet?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34 am
Team: UnderDawgs
Main: AgentZer0
Level: 1290

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Biggee = Engineer God.

I've been itching to develop some radical engineer setups, but with the huge costs over time if something goes wrong from my lack of judgment, cowardly pvping snipers killing low level alts, or the server crashes, I refuse to level my engineer willingly, let alone finish those setups.

I found just stick with the cheap drones and spend a load more on stuff that can greatly increase drone efficency used to work i don't think it helps now.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:34 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Biggee = Engineer God.

And that's another major thing; testing new setups for Engineers is potentially more costly. There's only so much prep work you can do on paper before you have to actually go try it. The first time I solo'ed a hive, I had no idea if I would be able to do it. I just had to prepare for a bunch of different scenarios and had to hope that the wasps(which use radiation dmg, and drones didn't have radiation resists back then) wouldn't rape me/drones instantly. You die as any other class, no big deal just back to the drawing board. You die as engineer, potentially -10bil and a week gathering drones.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:42 pm