Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Post Re: Nerf drone dps and make them cheaper
Xonok2 wrote:
Btw, it isn't necessary for one to replace another. Example:Gens could be implemented so, that they take an amount of the according drone or for some other reason cost more than a set of drones. But drones would still be usable to old way too.

I think this is also the best solution; just a new system to augment the way it is currently, not a complete replacement.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:11 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

biggee531 wrote:
Xonok2 wrote:
Btw, it isn't necessary for one to replace another. Example:Gens could be implemented so, that they take an amount of the according drone or for some other reason cost more than a set of drones. But drones would still be usable to old way too.

I think this is also the best solution; just a new system to augment the way it is currently, not a complete replacement.

Which is actually what i suggested. In my thread.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

Xonok2 wrote:
biggee531 wrote:
Xonok2 wrote:

Which is actually what i suggested. In my thread.

I suggested it as well.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

The problem that I see that keep coming up is that nothing in this game should be destroyed completely. If one class, for whatever reason has its main source of damage able to be blown up, then all eight should either be this way, or none at all. No need to single out the black sheep in a field of sheep of all colors of the rainbow.

I'm also for fighter hangars and mobile missile foundries, but drone generators are what I suggest now, and as the only thing that exists.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:57 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The problem that I see that keep coming up is that nothing in this game should be destroyed completely. If one class, for whatever reason has its main source of damage able to be blown up, then all eight should either be this way, or none at all. No need to single out the black sheep in a field of sheep of all colors of the rainbow.

Indeed no reason to single one out.
The idea behind classes is to boost a stat you want to have.

Classes should not need to be involved with 'balancing' things like drones blowing up.
The item itself is not worth it to rely on it. That's what needs to be fixed.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
I'm also for fighter hangars and mobile missile foundries, but drone generators are what I suggest now, and as the only thing that exists.

Someone agreeing with foundaries makes me have a happy.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Make drones take damage, just as everything else does...

If a drone is destroyed a damaged version will spawn in your ship again (just as in the Colosseum), this damaged version will have a % reduction in stats that increases each time the drone is damaged. There may be a new item to 'warp' these drones before the moment of destruction, up to someone or other...

And if that won't work implement this along with drone generators, except instead of generating drones these slowly repair drones (for a small fee) as opposed to the instant repair of AI bases.

Either way drones should require time to repair and should not be spammed during combat. With a system like this people would still want to protect their drones. A because of eventual repair costs and (B) because they are rendered weaker and thus less useful after each death in combat.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:59 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7