Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Post PvP?
Can pvp ever be revamped or reverted? It clearly been dulled down and tuned down on the cost of dying and the cost of credits drops compared to the cost of what gear glue per a tech was. Can their be a revamp on the entire pvp thing since their was a class re balance might as well fix the thing that got killed when the scrap parts were in. Because nobody remembers the games events in the past like oh remember when we all grouped up and killed those mobs? No everyone remembers when they were in wars in the good c1 days and other skirmishes or territory grabs. The uni map is way to big since the map size increase their hasn't been any territory conflicts either.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:02 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Post Re: PvP?
QQ

Go war someone then. It's not because of gear glue or repair cost, it's because it's gotten dull and pointless. It's because of all the alliances that large teams now have. If you attack 1 big team you get attacked by 2 or 3 others. It just is not practical. If you want a fight then leave the protection of your team behind and don't cry to them to come rescue you when the battle gets heated.

It's because now everything worth taking (shops) is protected in Celestial Gardens.

It's because any random newb can now prospect for the same highly sought after commodities you had to fight for. They can do it faster, in higher quantities and without the same financial investment of setting up or defending extraction bases with expensive extractors.

"The good ol' days" were back in your newb past when you actually were at risk of getting attacked, now that you are not easy prey no one wants to fight you.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Javatech wrote:
QQ

Go war someone then. It's not because of gear glue or repair cost, it's because it's gotten dull and pointless. It's because of all the alliances that large teams now have. If you attack 1 big team you get attacked by 2 or 3 others. It just is not practical. If you want a fight then leave the protection of your team behind and don't cry to them to come rescue you when the battle gets heated.

It's because now everything worth taking (shops) is protected in Celestial Gardens.

It's because any random newb can now prospect for the same highly sought after commodities you had to fight for. They can do it faster, in higher quantities and without the same financial investment of setting up or defending extraction bases with expensive extractors.

"The good ol' days" were back in your newb past when you actually were at risk of getting attacked, now that you are not easy prey no one wants to fight you.

What alliances are you referring to? Traders has had two wars with other major teams in the past year and neither triggered any alliance action. And as far as there being nothing worth taking, the contents of a good prod galaxy can easily rival what you can get from a shop. Actually, the reason there isn't much fighting these days is that the population of active endgame players seems to have seriously dwindled. Even two years ago there were about ten teams that could legitimately call themselves endgame; now there are more like five. Pants, TFC, DM, LC, all completely disappeared. That means that two years ago there were 3-4x as many ways to to pick a pair of endgame teams out of a hat, hence the chances of war arising were much greater.

The OP actually raises a good point that the credit reward for killing someone is way less than it ought to be. GG 21 cost 125m to buy, which put its market value easily over 100m, but you rarely if ever get that from popping a player in PvP.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:36 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Dragg0n
Level: 1729

at a point i think someone suggesting something like an alliance system and such. Something like controlled galaxies generate influence which can spread to other galaxies be them team or enemy controlled. And that influence would halve the extraction, defence and other - impacts if it was an influence from an enemy team...if it were from your team or allied the influence would boost the income. so here teams would be forced to add items to the bases to boost influence or war other teams. also i think that someone also suggested to scatter and possibly boost a little the rare commods respaw so that teams would have a benefit from going rampage on otehr teams territory.
He basically suggested that players would have what to fight for.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

PvP has declined because:

Endgame is continually advancing, so new players take longer to reach it/quit before they do.
Pretty much all pirates are seer or SD, presumably because that tends to work quite well...
At lower levels PvP means even less, so it's basically a minigame after completing the main PvAI segment of SS... maybe this will improve if new players are given a reason/introduction to pvp and we get enough new players for them to frequently meet one another.
Teams don't get anything out of a war, and if they do it's generally not worth the retaliation. Resources aren't really worth an actual war between high end teams- at the most a small skirmish, or an excuse to bash someone. At this stage people simply own too much stuff.
There needs to be a better incentive than scooping some credits, like having to hold a galaxy and produce decaying commods for constructing subspace gear. On the whole I don't think piracy should be encouraged... it should be an additional option to the usual conflict taking place.

So there's my opinionated list of problems. I doubt anything will be done to address these sorts of issues because SS doesn't have the manpower... so unless someone very motivated makes a comprehensive list of problems and fixes them all, you'll have to hope the game grows from improvements to PvAI.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 pm
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Javatech wrote:
QQ

What? I don't think shops, war, and alliance has anything to do with what i would get from killing a player. Also are you saying QQ because i want players deaths to cost more?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Most games ive played all you get from pvp is a point and the fun and excitement of killing someone else. The loser doesnt get anything but a death added to his record. I think if SS would start keeping stats of every pvp kill it will go a long way. Let us check each others stats and it will show all the times that players has killed and died to a certain other player.

The joy of killing someone should be reason enough to pvp. The real problem is the power gap in this game but thats a whole other discussion.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Because everybody owns at least 2-3 accounts now. You don't get PVP, but a Prawn and HM fest.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:18 pm
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

I am still strongly opposed to having Earthforce layer completely no-build and PvP free. The layer is now pretty much dead and useless now that you cannot build or fight each other there.

We have this vast expanse of galaxies where the most you can do is maybe DG a bit or hunt for a few Strontium-90 missions. I remember how there was a lot more mid-game teams who lived there previously. Now all you get is an extreme newbfest in Celestial Gardens or big teams in Wilderness. The power difference is so vast between the two layers now that it pretty much prevents any small teams from ever advancing very far in the game without taking a large gamble with moving out of Celestial and into lower Wildspace with the big boys and girls.

The only reason I stuck with the game for so long and was able to join teams in the top 5 was because of my experiences in entry level Earthforce and low DF wildspace teams. I know how to build a proper base is because I always had the chance that someone might come by and decide they don't want it there or to take it for their self. There is a small chance the basenazi enkelin being my councilor for awhile helped..

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Game is a MC fest.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

@BlueSwarm: the building experience you had in EF layer can easily be had in low DF Wild Space now. There is no difference. In both cases the galaxies were PvP-enabled.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 pm