Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Snurt
Level: 9819

Post Missile Stats to Augmenters
Hi

I noticed some frustrating things about missiles when it comes to faster unagile targets, or targets with long range and good stealth.

The missiles wil loose target or never catch up, making killing of the likes of Hawk's a chalange.

Could different missile stats be added to different augmenters, not just Gunner class augmenters, but also for class unspecific augs?

The biggest problem is missile speed, tracking and radar. The base stats are good on all missiles, but should be modifiable with augmenters for more effective mid and high level setups.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:28 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Missile Stats to Augmenters
Even though I do not play, I agree. Every class in the game can be customized with augmenters, and every setup therefore has its owner's individual flavor. It acts in a slightly different way from user to user, that is what makes MMOs fun, giving everyone the same options and seeing the different choices they use them to make.

Missiles are completely stagnant though, they do not change, and are not customizable in any way from user to user. Things like higher turning, thrust, radar, and speed that you can gain at the expense of another stat would go extremely far in making gunner more fun, and versatile to play. I also understand that gunners are apparently obscenely powerful at the moment, but this would not be something to outright increase their strength, just something to allow people to modify missile behavior within their setups to account for different challenges.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:44 pm
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Missiles are unscaled and OP because of it.

Any t20 player can use Large MIRVs. I use them on my FC, ShMs use them for free dps. It's like a good 40-50k mining damage on NON-gunners. Like why.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:30 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

The day the admins put even 1% of a bonus to missiles on an augmenter is the day I fucking quit this game. Missiles are already really strong against almost everything, and you want to make them even stronger? Are you serious? :|

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:17 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
The day the admins put even 1% of a bonus to missiles on an augmenter is the day I fucking quit this game. Missiles are already really strong against almost everything, and you want to make them even stronger? Are you serious? :|

Hey fuckstick, if they changed missiles to be affected by augs, I bet they'd reduce missile base damage.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 pm
Main: P S S Metal
Level: 5363

Nerf missiles, add gunner augs that give +missile stats so they are like Engi drones maybe?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

ELITE wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Hey fuckstick, if they changed missiles to be affected by augs, I bet they'd reduce missile base damage.

This is actually useful input. If other classes are using missiles just for a large free DPS boost then they definitely need be looked at. A direct nerf to missiles and a survey of the augmenters most commonly used by Gunners (to ensure that you don't nuke people's existing setups) to determine which augmenters should receive missile bonuses, would go a long way toward both balancing missiles and their usage in a way that does not promote spamming them off of all classes for a large low-investment DPS gain.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:57 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
ELITE wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

This is actually useful input. If other classes are using missiles just for a large free DPS boost then they definitely need be looked at. A direct nerf to missiles and a survey of the augmenters most commonly used by Gunners (to ensure that you don't nuke people's existing setups) to determine which augmenters should receive missile bonuses, would go a long way toward both balancing missiles and their usage in a way that does not promote spamming them off of all classes for a large low-investment DPS gain.

Gunners who want to do actual DPS use the same augs that a Sniper or Zerker would. You can't add random missile stats on augs like that, because the balance sheets would require other stats to be taken away :/. Just like Fighters, Missiles cannot really be scaled with augs. And Fighters are generally useless in PvP and PvAI, Missiles are too OP for any class, much less Gunner.

Gunner is now the Go-To solo-every-uber class, just like Sniper was when Analysis was first added and you could kill any t20 uber with just a PSS and 10 minutes of afk time.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:09 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I don't see what's wrong with other classes using missiles.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:17 pm

anilv wrote:
I don't see what's wrong with other classes using missiles.

I don't either. I just feel like the high end ones should be Gunner locked, so the free unscaled damage is locked to the class.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:27 pm
Main: Snurt
Level: 9819

I dont see anything wrong with all missiles being open to all classes, gunners are the only ones that get bonus to missile damage, and thats fine.

My problem is that missiles wont hit sertain types of ai, as i hope was clairly described in my OP.

Thats why i propose mainly range, radar, tracking and speed to be effected by augmenters. Launch energy required is also something that comes to mind as a stat on augmenters.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

There is no problem with every class using missiles. Its actully pretty cool, however MIRVs and some other missiles are hitting ridiculously hard for non gunner classes and even gunner class actually.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:04 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

redalert150 wrote:
There is no problem with every class using missiles. Its actully pretty cool, however MIRVs and some other missiles are hitting ridiculously hard for non gunner classes and even gunner class actually.

Missiles being available to all classes are fine but Large MIRV Rockets do ridiculous amounts of damage at the moment..

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Missiles being available to all classes are fine but Large MIRV Rockets do ridiculous amounts of damage at the moment..

Any missile does more damage then any weapon at the tech level. If you cannot get dps augs, you can use missiles to out dps your shit weapons.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

ELITE wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol: You've been playing the game long enough to know how things get done Lemon, don't feign ignorance. The stats would get added and somewhere along the line, a mistake would get made or an edge case would be abused. Its happened so many times in the past I don't even have digits to count them on anymore.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:51 pm