Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Post Suggestion to make PvP worthwhile again
Make it so that you can get certain points or a ranking from PvPing and you can exchange these for minor PvAI skills or boosts. For example 1 PvP kill in peril will give you a point for, for example an extra 1% on the drop chance (which is like 0.001% or something i guess so 0.001x0.01 extra) on dem frags from random AI

You could spend these points at an AI base, just figure out so more stuff like this which doesnt affect gameplay at all but makes PvP worthwhile and usefull. And if you lose a PvP then ofcourse you lose a point and the last point you spend at the base will be withdrawn again.

Sorry for the bad english, i don't really know how to put it in English. In my head it's there though, if you don't understand the idea I'd love to elaborate or maybe try again tomorrow when my brain isn't fried from work and gym. But wouldn't this really be a great idea to not affect gameplay between players and also fix the problem that there is no incentive to PvP right now?!?!

edit: ofcourse the dem frag thing is just an example but some PvAI drop related boosts which don't affect gameplay and don't harm players is what I had in mind to satisfy both PvPers and QQers :P

Edit edit: Also I would suggest to make said bonus account wide so it doesn't only affect the PvP characters but also for example the ShM character on that account!

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:56 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Suggestion to make PvP worthwhile again
So I'll just pick whatever character I'm currently planning to DG on and kill every other alt of mine with that character.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Stupid abusing people okay we would have to figure something out to avoid that from happening, let me sleep a bit over that till i figure out a system xD

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Well ofcourse making it not work between teammates would be 1 step, but yeah i cant really think of a real solidproof system except for making it punishable or somehow block people from killing chars who are on the same IP.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

1. Make it not work for team mates
2. Make it not work for levels much lower than yourself
3. Have a ranking system on it with last X kills per person shown on webpage

So if people have high level alts that are not on the same team, that means they are hiding them out in other teams. Using those alts to buff your PVp score artificially will expose them to the player base in the kill lists, and likely reveal your connection to the alt.

That's all I can think of really

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

sabre198 wrote:
1. Make it not work for team mates
2. Make it not work for levels much lower than yourself
3. Have a ranking system on it with last X kills per person shown on webpage

So if people have high level alts that are not on the same team, that means they are hiding them out in other teams. Using those alts to buff your PVp score artificially will expose them to the player base in the kill lists, and likely reveal your connection to the alt.

That's all I can think of really

4. Make it a diminishing return per kill of a certain character with a decay on the diminish
eg. full points /n where n is the number of times you've killed that character, after one month (with no kills of char) n=1, or where n>1 n=n-1 once a week

Still... nothings to stop me from say, having a f2p team full of levelled alts that I kill once or twice a month

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Make it a premium feature only subbed kills count?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:16 am
Profile WWW

I'd say that's a step in the right direction. I'm just trying to think of ways to game the system, and I'd probably use a bunch of off-team alts to knock my score up. Making it a premium only feature would make it harder but more so for people with fewer p2p accounts they can take off-team or p2p buddies they could collaborate with.

On a side note what I'd love to see would be having the system award points based partly on the combat effectiveness of the ship killed, which would hopefully encourage people to attack players of a similar ability. Killing a level 3k in their travel ship isn't something I think would be good to encourage.
Something along the lines of loser's (resist * bank * regen * dps of equipped items) / winner's (resist * bank * regen * dps of equipped items), maybe throw in speed, vis, etc. into the equation somewhere if it makes things balanced.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:25 am

My theory is that if you have off team alts you are most likely trying to keep them quiet, so exposing the relationship to your main in the kill lists would help. It would certainly help discrediting so called pro pvpers just jacking thier scores up with friendly fire. The player base polices this sort of thing fairly well if it has the info.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 am
Profile WWW

I'd like to think so too but I'd feel better about a reward system that had a mechanic inbuilt that prevents abuse ;)

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:34 am

there isnt one unfortunately

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

100% abuse free is borderline impossible, just implement a system like this with serious repercussions (and obviously some of the preventions mentioned here) to anyone caught doing it, up to a ban for multiple offenses. That's good enough tbh. JUST MAKE GODDAMN PVP INCENTIVES YOU MOTHERF-ING CARE BEARS >:U okay that was probably too far, but seriously.

Edit : afterall, the best moderation is moderation by players, players witness free kill trades? Report the characters doing it, then it's all down to log checking to confirm it.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:33 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Like topbuzz said, a system that documents every kill in pvp would go a very long way. I think scrapping our current glory system for one that simply gives you +1 glory for a pvp kill and -1 glory for a death. Reset everyone to 0 and well go from there.

Getting rewards for pvp will always be broken since its so easy to have multiple accounts in SS. Only way for this not to be broken would be if pvp was always being moderated by someone. Since this will never be possible I think i decent alternative would be some pvp contest every once in a while that were moderated by devs or perhaps even Moderators. Contest winners get nice stuff, perhaps double xp pack for a week or bunch of creds or semi rare gear?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

I say bring back the gg system, but instead of having to buy GG, jest bindo your stuff to avoid it from dropping.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:41 pm

GG will never come back, any admins/devs with opinions on this?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:26 pm