Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Post Speed up slaves for travel
I realize there are capital travel fields for slaves, but they don't quite do what I'm thinking about. I'd like to see an item or a skill that simply makes slaves travel at the same speed as your main ship. Speedy slaves is not necessarily a big combat advantage for the classes that generally use slaves, but it would eliminate a huge pain in the rear if players didn't need to stop every galaxy or two and wait for slaves to catch up when travelling. The current system of making a travel field take away shields and energy is also a pain for slaves. I suggest simply making the speed-matching function turn off if the slave fires its weapons (NOT when it takes damage, because, honestly, who wants to stop for every BG that shoots at you in perilous space?). Maybe a big resistance nerf while travelling would work better.

Again, I'm not suggesting a broken combat advantage here - only a travelling convenience, and only to the point where the slaves match the speed of the main ship. For an example of why it's needed, I suggest spawning an App Ward+ ShM with Selen slaves and hunting Perilous Space for the daily quota of defecting Olympus AIs :)

I'd suggest making this skill fairly easy to get so that new players can take advantage of it. Perhaps there could be 5 levels of it - the first level for slaves tech 5 and below, and then at 5 level increments up to tech 25 (we'll get there eventually). Alternatively, it could be an item which is equipped on the slave, but I like the idea of making it cost some skill points. Making it take bronze / silver / gold / platinum bars in addition to skill points would make the cost reasonable as players progress.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:14 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Speed up slaves for travel
If you want fast slaves, make fast slaves. You can't expect to get everything you want for convenience. I spent a lot of money on bindomiting gear to get Sleek mods on my selens, and they still can't keep up with my DM HM+. My FC's PBFs are too slow as well, I'm going to make them match the speed eventually.

There is also an Advanced Subskill for travel speed when out of combat. Could look into that.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Post Re: Speed up slaves for travel
I know about that skill, but it's fairly useless if the slaves are still travelling slower than the main ship. Using augs for speed is fine in a setup that relies upon speed as a combat stat. I'm not talking about combat though. I'm talking about boring hours spent limping through perilous space waiting for those Selens to catch up.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:15 am