Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Item Generators
10/10 for doggedly supporting an idea that has not once but twice been vetoed by a dev on this very page.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:19 am
Main: Tenno
Level: 0

anilv wrote:
10/10 for doggedly supporting an idea that has not once but twice been vetoed by a dev on this very page.

It's still completely stupid for this to not go in. Can you really say otherwise? What would be the disadvantages?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:21 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Tenno wrote:
anilv wrote:

It's still completely stupid for this to not go in. Can you really say otherwise? What would be the disadvantages?

The answer is no.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 am

ELITE wrote:
Tenno wrote:
anilv wrote:

The answer is no.

As if it's supposed to mean anything coming from a scammer such as yourself.

So then, were item generators never meant to be used on slaves? I can just toss my vulcanite hatcheries?

Allowing item generation on slaves only would have absolutely no disadvantages... One would simply toss fuel if the hull is overflowing once the slave is docked. Heck, if that's the reasoning behind your refusal, why not delete hull space auras? After all, they will cause hull to overflow and cause the universe to implode!

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:11 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Wouldn't granting slaves the full class skill bonus to hull space completely solve this problem, and many others, without any of drawbacks identified with your proposal?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:55 pm

anilv wrote:
Wouldn't granting slaves the full class skill bonus to hull space completely solve this problem, and many others, without any of drawbacks identified with your proposal?

Most certainly.

But I doubt they'll ever get around to that... I think it's been stated before that it's a bit too much work for them to bother with it; it's too annoying to fiddle with only partial full class bonuses for slaves.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:07 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

i came up with this

Micronian Aura Generator: Self Aura

Obtainable from Micron

This Micronian Aura Generator makes items half smaller the original size

Needs 1 Shrinkonium every 1 hour (a good way avoid overflowing unexpected is to show a timer same way the Sniper Analizer kinda works)

Example:

Oversized Radiated Shell size 200, with the with the Micronian Aura Generator the Oversized Radiated Shell size decrease to 100

Demented Undershirt is size 130 with the Micronian Aura Generator the size decrease to 65.

hope you like it :D

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:07 pm

Frostfang wrote:
i came up with this

Micronian Aura Generator: Self Aura

Obtainable from Micron

This Micronian Aura Generator makes items half smaller the original size

Needs 1 Shrinkonium every 1 hour (a good way avoid overflowing unexpected is to show a timer same way the Sniper Analizer kinda works)

Example:

Oversized Radiated Shell size 200, with the with the Micronian Aura Generator the Oversized Radiated Shell size decrease to 100

Demented Undershirt is size 130 with the Micronian Aura Generator the size decrease to 65.

hope you like it :D

That's a pretty nice idea, but I think it would be a bit too OP. Perhaps make it so that it affects ONLY combat slaves? And make it not use shrinkonium too :P It's sort of a bug (in my eyes) that combat slaves do not receive all the hull class benefits, so punishing players for that with shrinkonium sucking items is just not nice.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:07 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Its just the fact you have to swap your slaves to a support focus character to regear / refuel since they get alot more hull on their ships. Then when you're done regearing/fuelling you transfer them back to the character you're actually using the slaves on. It's just unfair for people that use slaves and don't have a support character to transfer to tbh :P especially cause you need to bug other people to transfer your slaves to, which then have to transfer it back to your support character and then back again (unless you have a 2nd account).

Kinda dumb, but it's been like this since forever.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:22 am

heylo wrote:
Its just the fact you have to swap your slaves to a support focus character to regear / refuel since they get alot more hull on their ships. Then when you're done regearing/fuelling you transfer them back to the character you're actually using the slaves on. It's just unfair for people that use slaves and don't have a support character to transfer to tbh :P especially cause you need to bug other people to transfer your slaves to, which then have to transfer it back to your support character and then back again (unless you have a 2nd account).

Kinda dumb, but it's been like this since forever.

Actually, I think I might get some fuel less energies and do just that :P But then I still wouldn't be able to have the Vulcanite Hatcheries work on my slaves, and if the devs refuse to make them work on slaves at least the way I said (given they cba with full hull bonuses to slaves) that would be, frankly, much more than just foolish.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 am

*Cough* I wish there were any at least decent reasons as to why this shouldn't go in, because there are not. So then, I don't think that postponing this fix would be a viable option anymore.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:11 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Glock17
Level: 4733

I don't see why you're so hung up on this, use trans gear and maybe an Ismail's aura to help correct the lack of space?

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 am

stfunoob wrote:
I don't see why you're so hung up on this, use trans gear and maybe an Ismail's aura to help correct the lack of space?

You do know that an ismail's offers only 50 space right?

I'm short 1k space on my slaves once they're slaved...

And so, there still aren't any reasons why such an easy fix wouldn't have to go in.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Has this been fixed yet?

Why would anyone have to use capacity augs on their slaves just to be able to use fighter generators on slaves?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:45 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Still no.

Support

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:49 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next