Team: Eminence Front
Main: ahileus
Level: 3759

Post Kikale Mzungu Frigate
Hello,

I feel that Kikale Mzungu Frigate needs some polishing and i would like KMF gets some buff.

Suggestions please!

ahileus

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Post Re: Kikale Mzungu Frigate
Aura should be constant and not affect the user.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:02 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post Re: Kikale Mzungu Frigate
Oh I have a lot of thoughts on this topic. I've been excavating these from ruins for years and always a have a feeling of hopeful disappointment when I discover one of these.

-Mzungu Lore requirement - Seem to be a bit steep for what this does. Given the current abilities of this ship, it should either have the mzungu lore requirement dropped thereby making this available to almost anyone, and making it one of the coolest F2P ships there is, or it needs to have it abilities buffed to justify such a particular skill requirement.

-Tech level 19 - This is one of the oddest tech levels. It takes more slots than a Pax Selen, but is inferior as a combat slave because of aug slots. At the same time, this ship takes as many slave combat slots as my PBF slave which is exponentially better on every level. Suggest to make this ship tech 18 or buff it up to add something super cool to justify the tech 19 level which for all purposes is tech 20 in terms of slave slots.

-In-built mining weap - This is kind of neat but pointless. A real DPS combat slave needs to MF in most cases. And even if you go with a single fire build, this ship has enough weap slots to where this in-built weap becomes irrelevant and for novelty only. Suggestion: Either get rid of it and buff the ship, like give it some hull bonuses, or give it two of these which would be cool and allow for better slave usage, or a novel solution, make the mining weap it has a ruins item itself so we can add more later if desired. Alternatively significantly buff this in-built weapon. Make it really powerful and worth the trade off of having an odd tech 19 ship with few other bonuses. If increasing DPS is out of the question give it a cool debuff bonus like giving the target mining weap vulnerability or something like that. This would also be in theme with this ship as a unique support slave or player ship.

-In-built trans vuln aura - I got a feeling this was originally suppose to be the coolest thing about this ship. Unfortunately due to the fact that it runs for 10 seconds, then shuts off for 50 seconds, doesn't make it the most usable. Also the range is rather weak. 750 seems far but when you only got a precious 10 seconds of use that you can't time, its very likely that in the heat of the battle you arent that close to your ship and the bonus goes to waste.

I understand though the problem if to make this aura too strong. Everyone and their mom will simply be using it as their tradeslave which they drag into battle, not having to use combat slots, and the 30% trans vuln bonus becomes the new normal. Suggestion: First off double, triple, or even quadrouple the range. In big boss battles people are spread out so far and this aura is so limited as is that the range only gimps it more.

Also it seems the main reason for limiting this ships aura is the risk that everyone uses it as their trade slave which tags along with them. This seems like a case though of a larger issue driving bad design of individual ships. Some people might hate me for saying this but maybe its time to revisit the whole concept of trade slave auras being used in combat. Otherwise every future ship that has an in-built aura has to get balanced around this odd feature. If this were to happen the aura could get buffed significantly without giving every single p2p player with mzungu lore a permanent +30% trans vuln.

Alternatively, short of re-looking at that, make the trans aura steady (no on and off), or buff the on-time a lot, but maybe make the bonus slightly less powerful.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 am