Main: Earthforce Commander
Level: 963

Post Re: Queue up system for PvP?
Camsy wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Biggee's idea...or whoever it was' idea was:

Cannot see non teammate's team, name, or level, and when you exit, you're kicked out of one of the 50+ random exits.

Then add in a 30sec non pvp, but complete stealth aura, and a auto-mark system, and the only way for Wex to threaten a team is to war every other team in game including Blueberry!

I like this idea, I was also thinking maybe something along the lines of capture the flag. Every 3 hours or so the entire layer becomes accessible to all players, all the players who enter the layer during this period get put into random team/squad groups with players joining a certain squad depending on their level (eg if the only people who enter the layer in the time period are a lvl 3.5k and 7 level 500 players than one group will have all 7 lvl 500 players and the lvl 3.5k will be on a team on his own)

Once the time from the opening of the layer has passed (10min time or something) and all the groups have been sorted, the players in one team (this applys to all teams) get together and are given a random team name, flag and playernames (playernames should be linked somehow to team names to make it easy to identify a person to their team) The group then gets a 3 minute stratigy/planning time to talk together (this all happens in 1 galaxy per team/squad) Once the stratigy time is up the players are then able to warp out of their galaxy into a straight chain of galaxies.

This is where the PvP commenses and again I'll say that this is based on capture the flag. Players try to from their gal (We'll call it Gal 1 for now) to the oppositions galaxy (Named Gal 6) These gals are connected together in 1 straight line (gal1-gal2-gal3...) At each end is a scoopable item (named -teamnames flag-) Scooping it will make a symbol appear on your ship so the other players can identify that you have the flag. Once you have the flag you have to get back to your own team's galaxy and dock at a base to finish the flag run. This ends the game and all players are booted out of the layer.

~What happens in between~ While players are trying to get the other teams flag there is endless pvp going on. If you are killed then you automatically respawn back at your teams galaxy (auto respawn means faster gameplay and more action for all involved) And your free to continue trying to get the other team/squads flag. Once a player has obtained the flag and attempts to get back to their own gal, they can be killed. If this happens they'll respawn back at their own gal, but the flag is dropped where they died. The flag can then be scooped by either friendly team mates that will continue to try and return the flag to the base. Or the enemy who will scoop the flag which will automatically return the flag to the teams gal (This is so a player doesnt carry the flag around with them)

~Why would someone do this game?~ So I've explained how the game works, now I answer why someone would want to play this game in the first place. The reason is simple and one that I'm sure would make many players happy. The answer is credits! Basically the team that wins the capture the flag game will be given credits. These credits will be relitive to the players level and how active they were in the game. (Again I'm not good at formulas but something with the players level, how many times they killed another player, the amount of times they held the flag, number of times they returned a flag to their own base and if they were the one to bring the flag home (possibly not this suggestion as it would cause inteam conflict for who holds the flag) Basically the payout should be enough to attract both low leveled and high leveled players.
Once the players have either won or lost/booted out of the game they recieve the credits and like in whoever's suggestion it was, the players appear in all random places, this means that if the player wants to, they can boast all they want that they were the winning player, or they can just go quietly on their way with their winnings.

Optional Stuff: Possibly holding the flag causes a reduction in speed, damage and/or shields.
At any time a player can dock at their teams station and choose to leave the game. This means they'll get a small credit payout but nothing in comparison to staying to the end of the game.
For the player who returns the flag they are given a star or something on their name. Cause everyone loves stars :P
A consolation prize for the losing team as well in the form of credits.
Another possibility is that you could have multiple teams playing all at once, with a middle galaxy connecting all the teams galaxys by about 3 warps. This would mean a team that has their flag captured would be booted out of the game but the team who captured the flag would continue on to be able to capture more flags and therefore get more credits.

I think this is just about the longest comment I've ever written... fewf.

Sounds like a fun idea. Might want to make the debris un-tractorable, and very heavy. It's common in CTF games for the owner of the flag to be 'weighed down'

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 pm
Profile YIM
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Mini-games are fun and everything, but it would be awesome if this idea connected up with a revamped Emp Run system. That would be the ultimate incentive to play the "mini-game."

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 am
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

I really thoroughly enjoyed the idea of a PvP flag system. I believe Elryk or Biggee proposed one that REALLY looked nice.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8524

jeff? care to chime in again?

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Main: yellow
Level: 1946

The idea that erman had where you could use a command to enter the PvP arena sounds really fun to me. You could have a chat once you enter it to talk with other people in the arena. A 8 Galaxy or so layer where you have 2 galaxy to the side where your team spawns an around 6 galaxy's in a bubble shape that you can battle in. You could do things like capture the flag with each one in a different system, Or kill the enemy's base where the enemy team has a single base that is based off the level of the people playing but always the same power as the other teams base. You have so many game options with a system like this since it is a very simple layout. Also you could do ranked matches where people compete to get the highest rank for the matchs, and you could play for money or items by betting them.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:02 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

@Camsy: I liked the idea about sorting teams via levels.

I think that would should put more of am emphasis of levels other than just skill points. There should be other defining factors between a level 3k and a level 2k. The majority of the time the difference is quite slim (not always, ofcourse.)

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:16 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8524

blacker2359 wrote:
The idea that erman had where you could use a command to enter the PvP arena sounds really fun to me. You could have a chat once you enter it to talk with other people in the arena. A 8 Galaxy or so layer where you have 2 galaxy to the side where your team spawns an around 6 galaxy's in a bubble shape that you can battle in. You could do things like capture the flag with each one in a different system, Or kill the enemy's base where the enemy team has a single base that is based off the level of the people playing but always the same power as the other teams base. You have so many game options with a system like this since it is a very simple layout. Also you could do ranked matches where people compete to get the highest rank for the matchs, and you could play for money or items by betting them.

YES!

Jeff? Bageese?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Something like that could be really cool at some point, but it seems rather involved. I would really like to come up with something that is in some way part of the real universe rather than a separate mini-game.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:00 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=49245&hilit=+emperor

That was Biggee's suggestion for revamping the Emp system. It would be the perfect incentive for players to join in PvP in the mini-game way that ERMAN is suggesting.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 am