Yes, x6 boss loot because DG's are group runs. 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 20

Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Post Re: DG Boss Loot
Griffin wrote:
Look at the people who have trillions of credits. Do you think they DG'ed for that money? No, obviously not. They built bases and extracted or exploited colonies. You cannot say that it all has to do with people stockpiling money instead of spending it.

I actually reached the pretty decent amount of 1.5 trillion credits by not having a single colony or making any money off of base productions. I solely made my money through uber runs and DGing, and then selling the items later on. If I hadn't joined SBP after I left Red Faction, I could have easily made about 3-4 trillions worth of credits by going solo and not giving away any items to my team. So no, bases is not the only way to make trillions of credits.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Exactly, I could easily make 10b everyday if I dg for a good 3 hours everyday. DGng is one of the most profitable way of making money in star sonata if you can do it efficiently, and you are active on trade chat.

Never post what you sell, keep everything you get in e storage ship, preferably on a shm. Then when people post they are buying something you sell to them.

Moded capacitors are a great source of income, and so are selling augmentors in bulk, if you are not making base items or building mods of course.

I once made 200b in oe uni, just by selling modded caps and Augs in bulk.

Play smart, don't waste your time with cheap setups, even low DF DGs are extremely profitable if you know how to work the trade chat.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:57 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

The beauty behind colonies is you can have 60-80 colos if you play your cards well with your team, be an active DGer and at the same time be a scrupulous trader, get the best of all worlds! MUWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Xonok2 wrote:
That mixed AI idea is quite good. I think it would work, but there must be some way to prevent some annoying combinations, such as gammas(DPS, tanky)+basils(DPS, tanky)+sawXs(Grem, tanky) for my level. Possibly something like tiers, in that case, gammas and basils would be tier2-3, saws would be in the same tier(for the annoyance and theyr ability to make anyone who doesn't use 360 useless).
Or should i make a separate topic? or should reyja?

I think I will simply hijack this post to talk about my suggestion, can the maker of the post change the title to ''DG Boss Loot: hijacked post by Shaft''.

The idea behind my suggestion is to make the levels as fucking annoying as possible so players have to do them in groups and not only solo them or MC solo them (there is a big difference between the two). Each level should be composed of anti-certain class ai so that 2 snipers cannot go in and introduce their penises with KY jelly into everything. If you make it so combinations are not annoying, it will become too easy. Could also shove in some aggro ai bases just to make it stupid hard as well =).

It would also be fun to have levels where you HAVE to have specific classes (seer, FC, blah blah) to be able to finish it. Such as super low vis gates which are like 1345 distance out and move in an ellipse (e.g.) or things that have stupid high regen and only have a weakness to radiation (like the nevada desert or and ocean full of whales).

I would like to throw one of my old ideas of having hidden 'chests' that only seers could find (that is if they are attentive) that would drop interesting mid game items. Also chests that go 700 speed and always run from players =). The content would be seer and or SD only (hidden chests would have SD loot and fast chests would have seer only loot, just to stimulate the economy a bit). Not overpowered gear, but gear with interesting features.

Please excuse me for the semi wall-of-text: I am absolutely wired on coffee.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

My seer goes 353 speed, mister D.

Though, still wouldn't be a problem. Not like a Chest would have an Anni radar or something.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:32 pm

You could make any class go 700 speed, I doubt you would have the DPS to crack it open though

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:08 pm