Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: Attackers in BvB
That error being someone didn't bother to aug them. Lazerus was notorious for using kits with minor cap and basic damage, because even Adonis augs were too hard to build for T16 bases. Junkyard kits were the work of the devil, too.

Wed May 25, 2016 12:41 am
Main: RelaxAndTakeNotes
Level: 3385

I know my opinions don't really matter. Especially in situations regarding BvB. But aside from whomever is responsible for making this change, who here actually supports this change? I can't find logic in it. Everything you guys are saying to justify the change seems a bit weak.

Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8127

CW182 wrote:
I know my opinions don't really matter. Especially in situations regarding BvB. But aside from whomever is responsible for making this change, who here actually supports this change? I can't find logic in it. Everything you guys are saying to justify the change seems a bit weak.

Damn that text was hard to read.

The reason behind the change is solid. They are trying to give defenders a better foothold as during BvBs/PvB attacks the defenders are generally NOT ONLINE to defend. Attackers have a huge advantage just because they get to choose when the galaxies get smacked.

That being said, the implementation of the "no tractor" rule is half-assed and pretty much fucks the attackers out of being useful entirely.

There's so many ways to abuse the system as is, like laying a wall of resistance augged drones around a stack of unattached HPS kits. In a normal old school BvB, this setup would be laughable as you could just pull each kit out of range one at a time and kill them with PvB or pulse BvB kits. But now that bubble of fuck is literally unmoveable, and the attacks just have to do overwhelming DPS to break the tank cluster.

Other ways to break the system: put all of your kits on the biggest sun in the galaxy! This makes it impossible to mag/pulse your kits UNLESS the attackers manage to find a BIGGER sun/planet in the galaxy as our hilariously shitty 2.5D graphics mean that the highest Z axis kit can pulse kits lower than it on the Z axis. This is a one way street though, the lower kits can't fire pulses back up at the defending kits, thus creating a nearly invinceable bubble of base kits.

Hmmm what else is there. Idk, most of the strategies involve stacking as many things as you can on top of each other, as they cannot be moved anymore.

Wed May 25, 2016 9:39 pm
Main: RelaxAndTakeNotes
Level: 3385

ah sorry about that.
That point seems valid. Seems like a change that was just kind of shit out, as you said. Would introducing a deployable item that disrupts tractors be more effective in keeping balance? Or am I over thinking this? My theory would be to create a more juicy asset to target, and more thought given about placement. Perhaps limit the item to one deployment per galaxy, but a range limit? And instead of trying to find some weird way to stop the tractors, instead have an aura generator that affects players only that reduces tractor range or efficiency by a stupid amount?

Meh. Anything can be broken.

I need sleep.

Wed May 25, 2016 10:26 pm
Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Main: USSGalaxy
Level: 4096

I think I like the base engine thing as well. I was thinking even have the bases move slowly towards the center of the galaxy. However, Galaxies that have bases that orbit more than 9k out constantly would then never be able to be killed. I'm thinking both fixing RTS and then giving the ability for bases to Autopilot at a very slow speed would be the best way to fix it.

Maybe even make specific assault kits that can be built with stickied "engines" that move them where you autopilot them to with RTS? This option here would also fix Junkyard spam assaults that are horrendously hilarious.

Thu May 26, 2016 2:07 pm