All in favour
Yea 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
Nay 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13

Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Post Re: Gunner 2: The Return of the Topic
Few quick points. The MagCannon Turret actually has insane bullet tracking which is why it seems to fire in any direction. The bullet literally turns on a dime. It still starts with a forward motion and from my understanding you cannot have a mag/pulse type weapon fire from anywhere but forward meaning if this theoretical weapon had low bullet tracking it would not be possible to implement as things stand and we cannot use current code for it.

On another note, this "rail gun" idea keeps being tossed around but to what end? If this bullet is supposed to be insanely fast then what kind of range are you picturing for it? To far up and you start to breach into sniper territory and if you make it to low it might as well just be a laser like some folks are saying. If we want to get realistic with it a Rail Gun shot prob would just be a beam of light ^^

All of this aside, some actual workable suggestions for gunner would be sweet. I don't know much on the class so I pretty much stay out of these discussions but if I can give me very small 2 cents I would say focus on the weapons. I always felt very underpowered when it came to simple DPS from my guns and missiles are just...meh. Hard to describe. Very useful but just kind of annoying to use when I want to simply shoot something. I know that is not very solid but I like the idea of just pounding something with ACALS or some such as a Gunner, feels good.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:57 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Camsy's imagination of railguns:
Attachment:
railguns.jpg

Erm pic isn't great, took 2min to do and its c1 cause I couldnt find any c2 pics but... you get the idea.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:09 am
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Those aren't railguns, those are turrets, an entirely different concept.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:10 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Rootbeer
Level: 4830

i stilll like camsy's idea. every time i imagine a space ship. it just doesnt shoot from 1 point at the front of the ship. it shoots from all over the damn thing. would be nice to see something like that in game. like for larger ships weapondamage/"firing ports" so you cant put something that does say.. 100 damage x 10 firing ports to get 1000 damnage per shot... but then it would make zerker kinda pointless on the whole MF thing. iunno. something to think about at least.

Edit: maybe make it so instead of MF, zerkers can retain some damage per "port" so to speak.

:D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:24 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

camsy depicted much of what I had in mind for gunners.

Maybe we could have a choice between missiles and artillery as a gunner, both would use ammunition and would take crates of bullets to fire. Much like the scene in the matrix where their hauling crates to the fighters protecting Zion xD

But apparently it is "impossible" from the prospective of AEM. In my opinion nothing is impossible when it comes coding. It would just take a lot of time. Also I am still adamant about adding missiles / slave stats to augmentors and would like a reply from Jeff to see what he thinks :)

It can't be much different from the offensive defensive everlasting general augmentors for drones.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:34 pm

paxiprime wrote:
camsy depicted much of what I had in mind for gunners.

Maybe we could have a choice between missiles and artillery as a gunner, both would use ammunition and would take crates of bullets to fire. Much like the scene in the matrix where their hauling crates to the fighters protecting Zion xD

But apparently it is "impossible" from the prospective of AEM. In my opinion nothing is impossible when it comes coding. It would just take a lot of time. Also I am still adamant about adding missiles / slave stats to augmentors and would like a reply from Jeff to see what he thinks :)

It can't be much different from the offensive defensive everlasting general augmentors for drones.

I disagree with you on that parallel as drones without drone ops augs blow where as slaves without slave ops augs are awesome.

That being said, since slaves are being left a bit in the dust by still only being allowed to use t18 and below ship/aug wise it might not be a bad idea to start adding some very low bonus slave augs in for the main ship. It is def a pay off since the user ship will then be a lot weaker/less effective from what it could be, only issue is someone might break it with an HM or Prawn. Could add a max of 2 on the ship or some such to get around that.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:49 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Nah just make the aug have basic stats where if you use only that aug your main ship will suck balls. Easily balanced that way.

I just hate the idea that all clases has some form of aug that gives basic class stats except gunner/fc.

and especially gunner for that matter, once you have maxed out the skill that gives +5% missile stats per level missiles after that can never do more damage. Which basically means Gunner is limited to how much dps it can put out, no matter how uber you equipment/ aug setup is. You will always have the exact same dps as another person (from missiles).

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:05 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

paxiprime wrote:

I just hate the idea that all clases has some form of aug that gives basic class stats except gunner/fc.

An augmentation to a ship doesn't exactly cause the effect in a different ship. Engineers have their bonus written off as a 'control bonus'. Which is understandable. Drones are stupid things at times.

That being said, augs bases on the control of slaves and missiles should be done when it becomes possible.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:47 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I disagree strongly with all the ideas in the OP.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:16 am
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:

JeffL wrote:
Come have sex with me in space, my lord

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 am
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

Chaosking3 wrote:
JeffL wrote:

JeffL wrote:
Come have sex with me in space, my lord

:lol:

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 am