Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you like the idea of a Drone Repair System?
Poll ended at Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 am
Yes 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
No 54%  54%  [ 14 ]
Unsure 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26

Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Post Re: Drone Repair System
Mail wrote:
a jedi master wrote:
Mail wrote:
About using lower tech drones

Sob story about engineer losses...

Reductio ad absurdum

Means extending one's argument to ridiculous proportions then criticizing the result. I'm not sobbing. It's just extremely tiring having to obtain new drones again, again, and again, when compared to a sniper, who loses nothing on death besides (eventually) credits. I would much rather lose large amounts of credits from scraps as a result of the drone generator than have to actually pay for the new drones, because the loss doesn't take TIME

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

a jedi master wrote:
Longer sob story.

If you don't like losing lots of money on Death as an engineer, you have two choices:

1) Don't die as an engineer.
2) Don't play as an engineer.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:09 am
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Mail wrote:
a jedi master wrote:
Longer sob story.

If you don't like losing lots of money on Death as an engineer, you have two choices:

1) Don't die as an engineer.
2) Don't play as an engineer.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Timmeh

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THEY MONEY IT'S THE TIME I KNOW WHAT Q.E.D. MEANS gah. It's the

1)time spent
2)huge loss from death because of the drone disappearing form the universe, thus making the engineer completely unable to defend himself/herself after death from ai OR player

that is the problem. Not the money spent on it. I could care less about the $$$$

It's like you didn't even read what biggee or I have said :-P or church... You're just inherently against Engineers having it as easy as everyone else

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:14 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Mail wrote:
Get used to it or change class.

Timmeh[/color]

This does not exactly fit the "sandbox" criteria very well.
There is no reason why one class should be risking billions with every drone down.

However, upon reflection on the topic, maybe the high cost of drones is designed that way - Drone Master is but 1/3rd of the Engineer class - a high cost might be meant to deter players from putting all their eggs into one basket. The elec bonsuses can power some sick burst dps from slaves and allies.

Thermal has some interesting points.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:19 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Just because Thermal is an uber and epic engineer who can take on all of Traders(and Dark Traders) alone plus Timmeh doesn't mean EVERY engineer is also like this.

I do not agree with the massive firepower "Thermalized" engineers can get. If we get some way of being able to stop the epic losses and massive time before rearming, many if not most can take a nerf to the power of certain drones.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:40 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Just because Thermal is an uber and epic engineer who can take on all of Traders(and Dark Traders) alone plus Timmeh doesn't mean EVERY engineer is also like this.

I do not agree with the massive firepower "Thermalized" engineers can get. If we get some way of being able to stop the epic losses and massive time before rearming, many if not most can take a nerf to the power of certain drones.

TIMMEH IS INDESTRUCTIBLE FOREVERNESS!

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:45 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
"Thermalized"

"getting Thermalized" is R18 Churchie....

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

biggee531 wrote:
You are missing the point completely. If you have no OFFENSIVE drones, how are you going to do damage? You can't kill people by gremming alone. If you lose a full set of OFFENSIVE drones in 1 death, you would be unable to fight back at your maximum potential.

why should you be able to lose a full drone set and still be able to pvp at full potential? isn't saving a droner billions enough?

btw noobs could use what i proposed.. why couldn't they?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

goett wrote:
biggee531 wrote:
You are missing the point completely. If you have no OFFENSIVE drones, how are you going to do damage? You can't kill people by gremming alone. If you lose a full set of OFFENSIVE drones in 1 death, you would be unable to fight back at your maximum potential.

why should you be able to lose a full drone set and still be able to pvp at full potential? isn't saving a droner billions enough?

btw noobs could use what i proposed.. why couldn't they?

Every other class can die, get back in their ship 5 min later and have the same DPS and survival potential as they did before they died. They can die 5-10times if they want to and still be in the same position. What about engineers? Nah, fuck those guys. You die once with your best drones out and you have to spend a week farming or buying new ones. That's the price you have to pay for using drones as DPS.

New mechanic:
If you die as a zerker, 1 of your weapons will always fall off your ship, sometimes more. You can't scoop it, and you don't know which one you lost for sure until you get back in your ship.

If you die as any other class, all of your weapons blow up inside your ship and cause your gear to take 95% durability damage every time you die.

Sounds pretty fucking ridiculous, yeah?

Dying once shouldn't prevent you from being able to offensively assault someone. I don't care what MMO you're playing, no class exists in any other game that is as unbalanced as engineer is in terms of death/loss/time.

EVE is pretty high up there on D/L/T ratio, but everyone has the potential to lose the same; it's not restricted to a very specific play style.

The system you proposed doesn't even address the core issue; it costs Engineers EXPONENTIALLY more TIME than any other class to recuperate from a death, even if you only lose a single drone. All other classes just have to repair and they're on their merry way again. Engineers have to track down someone selling drones using an antiquated trade system if they don't have their own stock.

Even if they do have their own supply, a lot of newer players only carry a single set of a particular drone at a time, so that in itself requires a trip back to storage just to even be close to "potential potential" in terms of DPS or survivability.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:34 pm
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 4307

i have played as dm myself and still completly disagree with drone repairing Unless drones were limited to lets say three repairs, this class has always been the one with highest potential to lose a large sum, but the current system has worked for years, if you are scared of losing drones then use cheaper ones so the loss's arent as high

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:06 pm

I've got to agree with MT

The mobile repair part IMO sounds very very op

Is the zerk dropping a wep live ATM? Didn't see that in patch notes.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:08 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

It's like you people just ignore all valid points and keep spewing the same shit over and over regardless of other people's input.

If by "worked for years" you mean has caused actual players to rage-quit due to losing 20bil+ in a single death, then sure. If by "worked for years" you mean only functions due to the lack of any real balance system for drones/engineers, sure. If by "worked for years" you mean engineers being plagued by lag issues and server crashes wherein drones disappear entirely without logs of any kind, sure.

goett wrote:
Is the zerk dropping a wep live ATM? Didn't see that in patch notes.

Yeah, just reskill to "Engineer" for the same effect.

Any other valid points you'd like to disregard completely?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Wrong
You're lumping two things and saying " what's wrong with you?"

Might as well propose "you should have the right to free speech AND give babies machetes"
I say "no"
You say "he's against free speech!"

Read my previous posts.

Btw is that zerk feature live?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:45 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

It's funny you guys are acting like engineer is your only character, the people against these suggestions have at least 10+ characters all above 1.6k. IMO engineer should never be ones main, unless you bought credits and started that way lol.

I'm leaving this topic because I know this will never be added in, have fun.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 pm
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Can the people against this explain how the current drone system is any different from Jeff's basic idea for changing the gear glue system?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next