Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you like the idea of a Drone Repair System?
Poll ended at Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 am
Yes 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
No 54%  54%  [ 14 ]
Unsure 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26

Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Drone Repair System
cos drones, missiles and fighters are sposed to be consumables. drones expense just got way out of hand for consumable items, but here we are so meh

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Missiles and fighters are consumables indeed. But as speaking for myself, I can point at a pretty frequently used set of Armada Inferno Drones that have been sitting on my ship for nearly half a year now.

I guess we all need to await a Jeff'd comment on this one!

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

seanla4350 wrote:
Can the people against this explain how the current drone system is any different from Jeff's basic idea for changing the gear glue system?

Drones never had a 'recovery' system before and never should.

sabre198 wrote:
cos drones, missiles and fighters are sposed to be consumables. drones expense just got way out of hand for consumable items, but here we are so meh

They're also intensely powerful. No change is needed.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:23 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Mail wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:
Can the people against this explain how the current drone system is any different from Jeff's basic idea for changing the gear glue system?

sabre198 wrote:

Timmeh

You don't provide any counter-arguments, you just state your opinion and call it a day. That doesn't provide for a constructive discussion, just more of a massive troll fest.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

biggee531 wrote:
You don't provide any counter-arguments, you just state your opinion and call it a day. That doesn't provide for a constructive discussion, just more of a massive troll fest.

Hmm... feed the troll or continue topic construction? biggee, I am disapoint. You're right though, until goett came back to the topic it was pretty bad.

Seriously, like 7/8ths of these guys can't read. We need some way to discuss this better. (good luck with that)

Anyways, as far as basic concept (fill in any vagueness with what makes sense balance wise)
How does the example of 5 drone husks + 2 drones = 3 drones sound?

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:22 pm

SkyTitan wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

Hmm... feed the troll or continue topic construction? biggee, I am disapoint. You're right though, until goett came back to the topic it was pretty bad.

Seriously, like 7/8ths of these guys can't read. We need some way to discuss this better. (good luck with that)

Anyways, as far as basic concept (fill in any vagueness with what makes sense balance wise)
How does the example of 5 drone husks + 2 drones = 3 drones sound?

It's still a massive waste of time. My proposal would be to make the drone generators relatively expensive in terms of resources to make. Something like 10 of each drone to make 1 generator that can generate up to 3-6 drones, or 1 of each for the higher tiered drones. Coupled with that would be a pretty hefty repair cost for the generators themselves, maybe in the ballpark of 50-100mil per generator per death to repair.

This system would balance the playing field a bit, seeing as all other classes just have to buy their weapons once and never have to worry about losing them or spending the time to acquire new ones.

You could build different tiers of generator items that would be able to generate drones dependent on tier.

So an AID generator BP would be something like this:

Armada Inferno Drone Generator Blueprint:

10x Armada Inferno Drone
2bil creds
5x (insert zone friendly item, for armada types maybe ZAC's or something)
1x Tiered Generator (different tiers can produce 1, 3, or 6 drones)

The highest tier Generators could be built from modules or something.

If you can't afford drone generators, you can still use the normal versions.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:03 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Kilando
Level: 4403

solution...change nothing, yes droners are OP, and yes, to balance that out they made the drones EXPENSIVE, get used to it

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Olus wrote:
solution...change nothing, yes droners are OP, and yes, to balance that out they made the drones EXPENSIVE, get used to it

Get used to it? I've played Engineer before it was even Engineer.

The market dictates the price of drones, where people can charge whatever they want, not the ominous omnipotent "they".

Snipers are 100x more broken than engineers, have you seen the DPS they can put out from miles away without being seen? They kill most if not all enemies before they even know the sniper is there.

And your justification for that is.... get over it?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Well, thats the thing, biggee, engineers don't insta die when their drones do (granted the drones might as well when the engineer does). There will be some people who would just pwi out of there. People like thermal will just forgo costs completely.

Tiered generators do solve the problems of not enough drones, but honestly, there needs to be some continual need of the drones themselves among the playerbase overall. If drones could be turned into "feed stock" for the generators, each powering the generator once, then I could see this working better.

I also think goett has a point though... new drones on the move is OP when it's something that a simple heavy laser or even a c-beam can't blow up. (roswell drones etc die fast to those weapons, level 20 and up have the ability to deal with the drones themselves)

Whatever the solution it must:
1. Save time (apparently time is the worst cost)
2. Not crash the drone market
3. Avoid all my drone died I useless now syndrome
Would be nice if it fit the overall repair theme that is going on now, imo.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Why does the drone market need to continue the way it is? People can charge whatever they want because they know droners will always lose drones and will always need new ones.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 pm

biggee531 wrote:
Why does the drone market need to continue the way it is? People can charge whatever they want because they know droners will always lose drones and will always need new ones.

Well, what I mean is that sales still need to happen. Wait... Good question.

They shouldn't be able to just charge high prices for the heck of it, I agree. But there has to be some reason to build drones, right?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 pm
Team: UnderDawgs
Main: AgentZer0
Level: 1290

Droners are op if you are looking from the view of a very geared out droner.But for most players that is not so.

The view of that generators will break the market, still probably won't happen. There are alot of times in the past that i seen player post for WEEKS just to buy a certain drone. I had a friend wait almost a month for a few armada drones. Seems like the market is pretty dead already.

I see that have the drones have more than 1 life seems for acceptable than losing sets of drones that takes alot of time to aquire by the casual player. If a dedicated player losing a set of armadas , ur looking at a week tops to replace. For a casual player could be a month +. When i lost my first and last set of armadas over a dc that wasn't even my fault, it makes you feel like not playing anymore.

That is why i stoped using them.
Last but not least is that i'm wondering that would the next set of drones prices look like? 50b a drone. That is what it looks like we are headed.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 am

The drone market may be dead, but what makes you think generators will be any different? In fact, if no one is going to sell drones to make money, why would they sell generators to make money?

If an engineer can't make his own drones and needs to rely on buying them, he's not going to have any way to making his own generators either.

Granted, the same problem would exist with drone repair, but at least you wouldn't inherently need the drones to build the repairer, only possibly needing them for repairs.

If you don't need a drone to repair several drone husks, they will be even less demand for drones and with the people that do actually have the ability to rebuy their drones not buying them anymore, the money grubbers will have no one to sell to. New players could never get in the door. It'd be even harder to start off.

Don't say that someone would start selling drones then because they would have an excess of drones laying around. I'm sure that all the people who make drones for themselves are not just breaking even. Apparently there is a huge demand for drones right now compared to the nonexistant supply. Anyone could continously sell drones for absurd price that people like to charge and make money off of it. No one does this. That it takes forever to find the drones is evidence of this. If they did do it, there would be no problem finding drones, just paying for them.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:34 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

biggee531 wrote:
Mail wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

sabre198 wrote:

Timmeh

I agree, and let's put it this way: Please ignore any posts made by Time Warp in this topic.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:40 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

No.

I've made many an argument that still hold strong and no matter what you say my arguments undermind this idea fully.

In any event, I will troll as much as I can on this topic to see that this hair-brained, greedy idea doesn't go in. Where logic fails, trolling will prevail.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:19 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next