Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Post inventory UI
When you double-click a ship in the ships list while docked, the inventory screen should automatically be opened.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 am
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Post Re: inventory UI
That select the ship for use, how else would you select the ship you are going to use then? I have no problem with right clicking all the ships I want to view the inventory of, it's really the same number of mouse clicks anyways.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I'd rather have double-click to open inventory and a separate marker to the left the ship for which ship I wanted to use. Like a check box where only one box could remain checked at once.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:40 am
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Javatech wrote:
That select the ship for use, how else would you select the ship you are going to use then? I have no problem with right clicking all the ships I want to view the inventory of, it's really the same number of mouse clicks anyways.

I meant that it should do both: I dock, and my inventory isn't open. I open the ships tab and double click my storage ship or a slave or something. The inventory should automatically pop up when I do so.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:43 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

If you are just transferring items, you have no need to switch ship.

Open your inventory (I, or use the button), open then storage's inventory (right click > open invent), select what you want to transfer (use Ctrl and shift to select multiple items) then click and drag them across to your current ship.

Or the other way around, to put stuff in storage. :P

Support

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:43 am
over 9000!

Yeah, we know how it works. But it would be more intuitive if double-click opened inventory and there were some other way to actually switch your persona from ship to ship. Actually, I sometimes get confused in C2 which ship I'm currently in, since there's no highlighting in the ship menu that I can see. Maybe I'm missing some obvious indicator but new players will definitely be confused if I was.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:11 am
Dev Team
Main: Xipe Totec
Level: 2

The text turns green does it not? highlight should probably be more obvious though and double click not opening the inventory is nice if you just want to switch ships and not be spamed with dialogs. If you want to see the inventory, the usual methods are fine.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 pm
over 9000!

Consider that in the current system, you only have to click once to see the other ship's inventory. I find it rather annoying that I have to right-click into a menu every time I want to see the inventory of a docked ship; I'd much rather double-clicking for inventory and right-clicking to switch ships than the current system.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:06 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Aredes
Level: 2178

So reading all of this, I have to sit on the fence really.

The intuition of double clicking in the ship table to select the ship is too great for it to be changed around! If one wishes to bounce between ship inventories like in C1, simply pressing I and double clicking ships should suffice!

However, the part about not knowing what ship is selected I have to agree on, and have some suggestions to fix this problem.

1) Remove the orange highlighting of rows that have been clicked.
2) Make it so the entire row now changes color when the respective ship is active.
3) ???
4) Profit

I have tried myself to do this, but as a lot of it is possibly hard-coded, I don't know if it can be done!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:58 pm