Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Drones
No consequence for you Mr. Sniper.

DMs on the other hand.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:45 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Too bad you didn't notice that DMs with a full complement of drones equipped were essentially invincible until a recent patch.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I did notice the 99% resists. I chose not to exploit them.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 pm
Main: Angel from Hell
Level: 3312

I am not much for engineer, I really don't like the fact that you have the potential to lose so much money in drones. For this reason my engi has always been mainly a storage except when i can be asked to spend the money on new drones rather than something that can be saved by GG such as weapons for my MF or SD. But I have to agree, this is bad for drone masters, less drone slots mean it's harder to have the right drones ready, this leads to more likely to die and then next thing you know bam all your drones are dead and you are spending a couple bil on replacing them when other people spend like what was it like 250 mil for a high end player? I just don't understand why it's being made so much more expensive for drone masters than any other class.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:03 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: franke456
Level: 4114

Is it to much to ask just to go back to the way things were? I mean this is just un workable in every sence. (See above I aint gunna make a long winded speach)

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:50 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Ipaqmaster
Level: 2049

Okay I have seen enough bugs to see where this is going.

Code:
Dear Jeff-L,

Please uncap the maxumin drone limit from 12. We droners are not used to these specifications and frankly, use more than 12 drones.................................. .

Please Heavily consider removing this cap or at least extending it to a more reasonable limit instead of two sets of 6 or a bunch up to 12.

-ipaqmaster

Mod's. Just being high^

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:49 am
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: franke456
Level: 4114

ipaqmaster wrote:

Code:
Dear Jeff-L,

Please uncap the maxumin drone limit from 12. We droners are not used to these specifications and frankly, use more than 12 drones.................................. .

Please Heavily consider removing this cap or at least extending it to a more reasonable limit instead of two sets of 6 or a bunch up to 12.

-ipaqmaster

./AGREE

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:51 am
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

franke456 wrote:
ipaqmaster wrote:

Code:
Dear Jeff-L,

-ipaqmaster

./AGREE

/disagree This was the reason I went sniper :/

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 am
Team: Traders
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 5455

5 bfds, 3 charge, 1 bubble, 1 ACNC, 5 titans and 5 AinFs were my normal load in C1. I kept bfds on hotkey 1, charges on hotkey 3. Swapped titans and Ainfs on hotkey 2. Hotkeys 4 & 5 are dedicated to tractors, push/pull.

I was looking forward to being able to hotkey more drones in C2. I guess not a whole lot of point.

Not that I've had a huge chance to try it all out, but the 12 drone limit is annoying, frustrating and pissing me off so far.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Again, the problem is that DMs dont get extra slots, it works well until you cant lay 6 drones, which DMs can.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:17 am
Main: Zelvax
Level: 3181

It worked before you broke it!!!!
Anything more need to be said? I think naught!

"What is it like? Being a husband?"... "An arse-band?"

Flip flop is to me perfection.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:22 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

For some reason, I have 13 slots. And I do just fine with 13. I think I do count as a high end engineer, but I do not speak for the lower levels, as they have a harder time to choose the "main" set of drones. But for us high end engineers, I have one thing to say: The limit is just fine, plan your gameplay better if you struggle with not having the right drones equipped.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:56 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

The Lost One wrote:
For some reason, I have 13 slots. And I do just fine with 13. I think I do count as a high end engineer, but I do not speak for the lower levels, as they have a harder time to choose the "main" set of drones. But for us high end engineers, I have one thing to say: The limit is just fine, plan your gameplay better if you struggle with not having the right drones equipped.

What of the potential to lose 100x more than other classes though? With the new system, all other classes can't lose anything except credits, whereas DM stands to lose more than ever before. The system is broken and needs to be fixed. In all other games, every player has the potential to lose the same when dying.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

biggee531 wrote:
The Lost One wrote:

What of the potential to lose 100x more than other classes though? With the new system, all other classes can't lose anything except credits, whereas DM stands to lose more than ever before. The system is broken and needs to be fixed. In all other games, every player has the potential to lose the same when dying.

I wholeheartedly agree that something should be done about drones blowing up now that the new gear durability system is in. I never said anything about in my post, but I can just agree on all the points you make. But when it comes to drone slots, I stand by what I said earlier.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

ELITE wrote:
If we have to have some bullshit waiting time to use our "weapons", then every other class needs a cooldown to switch weapons as well.

Actually, with C2 weapons now pre-charge instead of using bulk amount of energy to fire. If there was a quick way to (un)equip hotkeyed items, then I see no need for an increase.

Support

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:58 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next