Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Post Re: Undeath Strikers
shawn_mccall wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Love the idea, though the range seems a bit excessive. DS is famous for low range, and 1.5k would make this thing quite annoying to kill. With Reavers already getting a range boost, I'd rather see him a very agile yet heavy (too much mass to be easily tractored) version of DC. Give them high thrust/low turn engines, have them strafe you then fly out and turn around to go again.

Yet again... THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE EASY! 1.5k causes a problem for Snipers only(and they can still buy a PWI and end the problem) so I couldn't give 2 shits less if a Sniper may have problems with them. As for low turning, seriously, fuck that. Quit looking at them like they're supposed to resemble Reavers when they are obviously not(In fact I based them on Undead Helro and DC). Oh and high agility is a must, by the way.

You're obviously down on the idea because it means you would have to bring a monk, or be an absolute beast. To that I say "Cry me a fucking river, it shouldn't be easily soloable."

TL:DR; This meant as t21 content, and I can think of ways to kill it with t20 solo. Yet, you(someone in a t21 setup) are crying because it would be too hard for you.

Well, good because the idea wasn't for them to be easy.

Quote:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you fired off the first insult giving me full rights to do the same.

Do I even need to say it? Just look at my first post, then your first response.

Quote:
Also you don't take something with DC level regen and make it run away or they are no longer worth the effort.

Weren't you just the one crying that I wanted them to be too easy? This makes it more than just a "shoot it until it dies" enemy, you need to develop a strategy to deal with them properly. I can think of several ways they could be done fairly easily, it makes it more interesting to do more than point your ship at them and hold spacebar.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:01 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Not once did I insult you there. However, if you look at your response to the post you are intending to use as evidence you insulted me without provocation.

Anywho, Lemon i think that a bit more DPS would be necessary. All the t21s(except the Delquad) have pretty hefty resists. I was thinking something along the lines of a flat 5k(ish) per shot to combat the resists which afterward it would probably deal 1.5-3k a hit.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Just want to point out that no SD in game could DPS something with 10k/s regen using a 2-shot. Even Dark Curse has way less regen than 10k/s; if I had to make a rough guess I'd put it at around 4k max. This is why you don't suggest specific stats.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:22 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

anilv wrote:
Just want to point out that no SD in game could DPS something with 10k/s regen using a 2-shot. Even Dark Curse has way less regen than 10k/s; if I had to make a rough guess I'd put it at around 4k max. This is why you don't suggest specific stats.

Yeah, probably right. But still, lots of regen is the idea. With a ton of regen and them running out everytime they pass you though your options are have an Eng to keep them in, have more range than they run out, or be faster than them. Most classes do not fit the bill for that.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:27 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

I'm /signed on this one, but it deff sounds like a few things would need to be tweaked even as a high-end levelling option.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

anilv wrote:
How about it has a warper like Cpt Kidd instead of extremely long range? This "strikes" me as a very tough AI to kill as SD. Other alternative would be to make it like Platties with a long range laser and hard-hitting pulse/torp that it prefers to use if it's in range, so you can at least dodge.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

putting emp rays on them and making them come in batches of 6-8 with dark curse like dps means it is more than DG content regardless of your tech level due to most ships being weak to rad. Wattage MFs in particular im guessing ur saying they mf 2 emp rays? thats about 250 dps per so what 510 dps stock wep damage. I like the idea but zigzaggers or somethig would be more appropriate as the 2nd wep type if u insist on rad.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:35 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Make them come in DG's, and give them new weapons or other items which drop in blueprint form.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:04 pm