Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Post Undeath Strikers
In the SS program files you will find a white DS image, that is completely unused. So how about we use it?

-AI only ship, just like a Big Green or Forgone, it is meant only to be used by AI.
-High visibility.
-Half of DC's shield bank with the same shield regen.
-Same relative DPS.
-Weak only to heat with varying resists to other types(huge resists to Phys and Mining).
-DG AI that only occur in number of 6-8 or as DG bosses.
-1.5k range.
-Radar enough to see a Sniper that comes within 1k(ish), but not see a Seer until 100(ish).
-Uses Unt Faranji Gatling Xs and Emp Rays.
-Level 2.4k
-300 to 400 speed.

It would be resistant to snipers due to being high vis and susceptible to damage at long ranges, as well as the ability to pick them up so they have to do more than stop firing to get away from them.

Decent heat weapons are also somewhat neglected in PvAI so people would have difficuly with them unless they were prepared for them, but would still be able to kill them even with the wrong weapon provided they have a decent setup.

TL;DR: We have a devastating absence of AI to level on after 2k. This would fill the gap by being many times stronger and more difficult than MF Reavers, while allowing people to continue progressing their characters.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:23 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Undeath Strikers
How about it has a warper like Cpt Kidd instead of extremely long range? This "strikes" me as a very tough AI to kill as SD. Other alternative would be to make it like Platties with a long range laser and hard-hitting pulse/torp that it prefers to use if it's in range, so you can at least dodge.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 pm

anilv wrote:
How about it has a warper like Cpt Kidd instead of extremely long range? This "strikes" me as a very tough AI to kill as SD. Other alternative would be to make it like Platties with a long range laser and hard-hitting pulse/torp that it prefers to use if it's in range, so you can at least dodge.

The idea isn't to make it easy. It is supposed to be difficult. Though, I did forget to add the mini-warper part(I wanted it in the original suggestion, just forgot). Torps are a bad idea no matter what, as is any projectile, because you can desync yourself with a cloak so the projectile not hit.

Sitting in a cloud of Emp Rays and Unt FGatling Xs is not going to be fun for any class. SD will at least have the means to get them in a 1v1 or kite with a 2 shot. With them moving that fast the effective kiting range for an SD would likely be well over 2k.

Mini-warpers were supposed to be in the suggestion along with the aforementioned stats though.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:42 pm
over 9000!

So they're fast and rangey Wattages that aren't weak to physical?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Not really, Wattages are shorter range, patheticly shielded, slower, and they trade 1v1 DPS for the ability to DPS multiple targets at once.

These are not meant to have such crappy DPS as a Wattage. They are meant as a top tier legitimately difficult AI for endgame players to level on, yet you are requesting they be cannon fodder like an MF Reaver.

I did not suggest this for level 1500s or 1800s. It is with the sole thought that someone well above level 2k, likely in a t21 ship, to be presented with a legitimate challenge and an ability to level.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:53 pm
over 9000!

Not requesting anything. I'm coming around to the suggestion, to be honest. Just trying to get a feel for how this content would fit in with what already exists. I do think their regen shouldn't be like DC's. I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure you need to be a damn good SD to kill DC with just a 2-shot.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 pm

anilv wrote:
Not requesting anything. I'm coming around to the suggestion, to be honest. Just trying to get a feel for how this content would fit in with what already exists. I do think their regen shouldn't be like DC's. I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure you need to be a damn good SD to kill DC with just a 2-shot.

That's where the heat weakness comes in. It would be like DC in that almost any decent energy weapon makes short work of DC, except it would be with heat(because it's white, which is the color of snow, and I'm increative :P ).

EDIT: I color failed :(

EDIT EDIT: I capitalization failed :cry:

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm
over 9000!

Seems good to me then :)

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:21 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Love the idea, though the range seems a bit excessive. DS is famous for low range, and 1.5k would make this thing quite annoying to kill. With Reavers already getting a range boost, I'd rather see him a very agile yet heavy (too much mass to be easily tractored) version of DC. Give them high thrust/low turn engines, have them strafe you then fly out and turn around to go again.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:00 am

yugioh124 wrote:
Love the idea, though the range seems a bit excessive. DS is famous for low range, and 1.5k would make this thing quite annoying to kill. With Reavers already getting a range boost, I'd rather see him a very agile yet heavy (too much mass to be easily tractored) version of DC. Give them high thrust/low turn engines, have them strafe you then fly out and turn around to go again.

Yet again... THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE EASY! 1.5k causes a problem for Snipers only(and they can still buy a PWI and end the problem) so I couldn't give 2 shits less if a Sniper may have problems with them. As for low turning, seriously, fuck that. Quit looking at them like they're supposed to resemble Reavers when they are obviously not(In fact I based them on Undead Helro and DC). Oh and high agility is a must, by the way.

You're obviously down on the idea because it means you would have to bring a monk, or be an absolute beast. To that I say "Cry me a fucking river, it shouldn't be easily soloable."

TL:DR; This meant as t21 content, and I can think of ways to kill it with t20 solo. Yet, you(someone in a t21 setup) are crying because it would be too hard for you.

Well, good because the idea wasn't for them to be easy.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 am

Quote:
Quit looking at them like they're supposed to resemble Reavers when they are obviously not(In fact I based them on Undead Helro and DC)

A flimsy, high-damage, high-range DG AI using beam weapons. You're right, not even close to reavers.

Quote:
You're obviously down on the idea because it means you would have to bring a monk, or be an absolute beast. To that I say "Cry me a fucking river, it shouldn't be easily soloable."

TL:DR; This meant as t21 content, and I can think of ways to kill it with t20 solo. Yet, you(someone in a t21 setup) are crying because it would be too hard for you.

Completely idiotic. I never said I didn't want them to be difficult, you overreacting noobface. Fighting AI with excessive range isn't that much more difficult, due to their own failure to understand their advantage, but we already have too many AI with above-average range, and they're never very fun to fight against.

If you stopped to think, you would see the low-turn suggestion I posted had nothing to do with reavers, and would in fact make them fight more like the real DC, as well as vultures/condors. They would come in, unload a volley of shots into their enemy, then fly out and regen as they turn around. This is how AI like this should act, much more interesting than just another long range/low shield AI.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 am

Okay dumbass, you say you don't want them easy yet you propose 2 nerfs and no beefs?

As for assuming they are the same as Reavers;

70k(ish) shields with 10k regen is far from flimsy dipshit(Reavers have like 20k).

High damage means jack shit as thats what anything meant for people in t21s is going to need to dent those resists, and is going to inherently have as it is higher level content. Ergo, it will automatically put out more DPS dumbshit. How many Oly Ubers are Out DPSed by Emp? None because it's higher level content.

They need range or they are nothing to a Sniper to pop, it's not there for FCs, Engs, or Zerkers it is to make Snipers less than invincible against them. That range is only meant to be there if a Sniper shoots at them they can retaliate. They're not meant to use it against an FC or Droner(hence high agility to keep them close).

Now politely shut the fuck up.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 am

You're kidding, right? You can't honestly be this thick. "High damage" is completely meaningless without actual numbers, of course it doesn't hold any significance. Why you assume my idea of high damage is lower than yours, I have no idea. If admins designed them to hit in bursts as I suggested, of course they'd adjust the damage properly to go along with that.

Also, why do you freak the fuck out when someone suggests a change to your idea? You're like a little kid, totally incapable of having a rational discussion, it's embarrassing seeing you go through such theatrics over a forum post.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:42 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I say 100k shields would be decently hard for endgame players with that regen level of DC.

As for high damage, say 1-3k a shot at .2 recoil? should stack up nicely.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 am

yugioh124 wrote:
You're kidding, right? You can't honestly be this thick. "High damage" is completely meaningless without actual numbers, of course it doesn't hold any significance. Why you assume my idea of high damage is lower than yours, I have no idea. If admins designed them to hit in bursts as I suggested, of course they'd adjust the damage properly to go along with that.

Also, why do you freak the fuck out when someone suggests a change to your idea? You're like a little kid, totally incapable of having a rational discussion, it's embarrassing seeing you go through such theatrics over a forum post.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you fired off the first insult giving me full rights to do the same. Also you don't take something with DC level regen and make it run away or they are no longer worth the effort.

Also, hardly theatrics. You handed out an insult so I paid you in kind, that is the way this world works kind sir. Don't like it? Off yourself.

On a final note I never said your definition was lower I said it is 100% irrelevant to MF Reavers since higher level content will automatically be higher damage. A point you still don't seem to grasp.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:49 am