Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Post Take the paws back off panther kitten fighters
AI are notorious for being bad at aiming pulses. Panther kittens originally had only a pair of modified panther fangs, a short-range surgical laser. They are fast, stealthy, low-shielded fighters, perfect for fighting LFs and the smaller, more manuverable HF AI. However, now that you gave them a modifiied panther paws for whatever reason, they will often prefer to just fire those in the general direction of their target (or worse, fire the pulse while flying backwards), missing the majority of shots and becoming an overall waste of time and elec.

These are quite expensive fighters, requiring a ZAC, 2 silver bars and 25m PER FIGHTER. They're from the armada aftermath missions, which use the better UZ drops to give you a BP, with which you must build a factory that costs quite a bit to make. The kittens are quite badly shielded, and I often lose them just to collision code, which combined with their high price makes them a poor choice in most fights.

They have no real purpose now, since without their ability to consistently hit LFs they're no different than any of the other, far cheaper and easier-to-obtain fighters FCs usually use. I have no idea why the paws were added originally, but they've made these supposedly endgame fighters quite a bit worse, not better. Can we please get them back to the way they originally were? While I still think they're a bit weak without the paws, they at least have a clear use that way, something to set them apart from the other cheap fighters.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Take the paws back off panther kitten fighters
They appear to have fallen prey to the same idiocy that befell the t19 bana fighter.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:43 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

i agree, the horrific price of building the factory should get you something useful. these things cost zacs.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Team: Psionic Corps
Main: Furtive Ferret
Level: 1746

/signature

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:21 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6430

It is too bad admins cant code ai to actually use pulses intelligently... Or at least sensibly. But I have to agree..The cost does not equal a decent product at the end.. that fighter is over 200mil apiece for a piece of shit if it uses a ppaw all the time and wastes energy.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:29 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

I, personally, would rather have lion fighters. Fighters based on speed and stealth will simply get gunned down as they thrust/spam weapon fire. I know they had a shield bank beef, but I stopped using them after a big green 2 shot one so I'm not sure exactly how much.

Either they should have an epic tank or be much cheaper... please explain to me exactly how they'd survive if my slaves launched them in a MF forgone level? Using them in pvp is like a DM deploying retarded mobile drones that fly straight into fire and still cost more than a gg20, using them in pvai means AI will pull retarded amounts of damage :?

Anyway, right now I only use them on prince for luls (cess and rhino one shot them...) and for leveling alts in rosy dgs. Is that all endgame fighters are good for now? Level 250 alts and capturing?

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:44 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Yes in general AI should be smarter about how and when to fire pulses. Pulses are supposed to miss, but a slave/fighter shouldn't fire when it'll obviously miss (like when it's moving backwards or away from enemy) because this only works when the ai is perfectly stationary, which it NEVER is. I know this because AI are able to effectively shoot pulses while moving away from drones and hit them 100% of the time since they don't move.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

I support the suggestion demonstrated by this thread.

Please remove the paws off, it has seriously screwed over what was a decent fighter.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:02 am