Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Post Drones and drone generators
All drones should come from drone generators. Neurobound class-locked generators that generate neurobound class-locked drones. Missions for the generators in lyceum or perp motion.

The reasons for this are obvious:
Most drones cost dramatically more than a single gear glue per drone, not to mention a full set.
Engineers would lose just as much as everyone else on death, instead of exponentially more.
Engineers are useless for DPS without their drones (unless they are augged for it, which would be retarded), and shouldn't be crippled in PvP just for dying once with drones out.

There are many more reasons why something like this or similar should be implemented, and it has been far too long that engineers pay a higher, on-going price just to play the class.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Drones and drone generators
Very interesting. Currently you can't have more than one item generator equipped on a ship, though (I learned this when I tried to put a Grinch Tweak Gen on my AWC). Are you envisioning multiple generators for drones that an engineer would typically carry many of?

Also, I still think that salvaging drone wreckage is a modification that's more likely to go in.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:18 am

anilv wrote:
Very interesting. Currently you can't have more than one item generator equipped on a ship, though (I learned this when I tried to put a Grinch Tweak Gen on my AWC). Are you envisioning multiple generators for drones that an engineer would typically carry many of?

That was the vision, yes. Probably limit max of each drone type to a hardcoded limit; 6 would be ideal since that's the max you can deploy anyways, while maybe 1 per for special drones like adv. c&C with a faster regen rate.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:22 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

I've been thinking about this for awhile.

If Engineers were to have drone generators, their power should be nerfed seeing as how the risk:power ratio is thrown off. If Engi's will get a nerf to compensate, I would be totally for it.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 am
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

Griffin wrote:

If Engineers were to have drone generators, their power should be nerfed seeing as how the risk:power ratio is thrown off. If Engi's will get a nerf to compensate, I would be totally for it.

go fuck yourself.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:40 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

andezrhode3 wrote:
Griffin wrote:

go fuck yourself.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:44 am
Main: nutter
Level: 86

syberian wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
Griffin wrote:

go fuck yourself.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:58 am
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

yay, im popular.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Griffin wrote:

Risk:power ratio is "thrown off" for every other class then. Engineer should have the most DPS, most healing, most range by that logic, nerf everyone else.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:17 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Drones are already getting nerfed, along with bases in C2. So no need to nerf them anymore.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:46 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

I like the idea but it has some flaws, if generators and drones were NB then engineers could go around with basic gear and without ggs and still have dps.

2) Drones should have long respawn rate ( and should spawn in a set of 6 maybe with a few exceptions like bubble drone and buff drones)
like 1-3 hours spawn, otherwise people could just jump into dg, spam drones and pwi/oba away to safe position without having to worry about drones.

I think it should be like this:
Generators are NB
Drones arent.
Generators spawns up to 6 drones every ~1-2hours

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:54 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Weird, people got angry when I pointed out that it would be stupid to give them free drones seeing as how the price of the drones is the only offset for them being overpowered in comparison to other classes.

Cry some more.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:10 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Griffin wrote:
Weird, people got angry when I pointed out that it would be stupid to give them free drones seeing as how the price of the drones is the only offset for them being overpowered in comparison to other classes.

Cry some more.

DMs are as easy to kill as any other class in colo, they can't do as much DPS as a zerk/sniper, they can't do as much healing as an ShM. They're a utility class, nowhere near overpowered even with free drones.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

I don't quite get it... You want a drone generator, that gives you drones over time.... for free.... anyone else think that is stupid?

The way I see it there is no solution that wouldn't be craziliy unbalanced or completely useless. This falls into the former, no matter how expensive you make the drone generator it will easily save you money overtime. Drones are scaled in cost (and power, to some degree) for levels of use. Biggee, you're easily in the top 3 engineers ingame, only lacking some ger due to inactivity, that being said, I hardly thing you loose your drones often? Seriously, any 'good' engineer will rarely be losing all their drones, that is if the're not completely ignorant to what's happening with the Ai - You're sweet.

If low-level engineers are complaining about costs of losing 4x Armada Infernos, Adv. C&C and a charge, then perhaps they should look back into BFDs, Ambushes, Titans and Acmes, all respectiable and useful drones.

Also, what about all the people that have made stockpiles of Armada Charge/Ambush/Inferno drones for sale an use? Just screw them over, awesome!

Idea is flawed.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:35 pm
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

Mail wrote:
I don't quite get it... You want a drone generator, that gives you drones over time.... for free.... anyone else think that is stupid?

The way I see it there is no solution that wouldn't be craziliy unbalanced or completely useless. This falls into the former, no matter how expensive you make the drone generator it will easily save you money overtime. Drones are scaled in cost (and power, to some degree) for levels of use. Biggee, you're easily in the top 3 engineers ingame, only lacking some ger due to inactivity, that being said, I hardly thing you loose your drones often? Seriously, any 'good' engineer will rarely be losing all their drones, that is if the're not completely ignorant to what's happening with the Ai - You're sweet.

If low-level engineers are complaining about costs of losing 4x Armada Infernos, Adv. C&C and a charge, then perhaps they should look back into BFDs, Ambushes, Titans and Acmes, all respectiable and useful drones.

Also, what about all the people that have made stockpiles of Armada Charge/Ambush/Inferno drones for sale an use? Just screw them over, awesome!

Idea is flawed.

Penis Face

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:39 pm