Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Post Re: Drones and drone generators
yugioh124 wrote:
DMs are as easy to kill as any other class in colo

Pick your best character, anyone in the game, any class, to fight my Engineer, then fight the best people in every other class in game, and see if Engineers are as easy to kill as any other class. I think it is far more tricky to kill an Engineer over all other classes.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:35 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Mail wrote:
I don't quite get it... You want a drone generator, that gives you drones over time.... for free.... anyone else think that is stupid?

The way I see it there is no solution that wouldn't be craziliy unbalanced or completely useless. This falls into the former, no matter how expensive you make the drone generator it will easily save you money overtime. Drones are scaled in cost (and power, to some degree) for levels of use. Biggee, you're easily in the top 3 engineers ingame, only lacking some ger due to inactivity, that being said, I hardly thing you loose your drones often? Seriously, any 'good' engineer will rarely be losing all their drones, that is if the're not completely ignorant to what's happening with the Ai - You're sweet.

If low-level engineers are complaining about costs of losing 4x Armada Infernos, Adv. C&C and a charge, then perhaps they should look back into BFDs, Ambushes, Titans and Acmes, all respectiable and useful drones.

Also, what about all the people that have made stockpiles of Armada Charge/Ambush/Inferno drones for sale an use? Just screw them over, awesome!

Idea is flawed.

Time Warp

Weapons shot for free and no matter how expensive they are, they save money over time also they are NB in some cases so u cant even lost em. Are they crazy unbalanced or completely useless?

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:01 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

How about drone generators that are built from the dropped/built drones + complicated parts, t3 etc. that have reduced stats, but are generated?

So an armada charge generator would take maybe 10 charge drones, 1mil cyanure, and 100 bacta. Something with a hefty build cost, but the 1 use bp creates a generator that generates Compact Charge Drones that are smaller and maybe 75% the power of dropped or built charge drones.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:52 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

syberian wrote:
Mail wrote:
I don't quite get it... You want a drone generator, that gives you drones over time.... for free.... anyone else think that is stupid?

The way I see it there is no solution that wouldn't be craziliy unbalanced or completely useless. This falls into the former, no matter how expensive you make the drone generator it will easily save you money overtime. Drones are scaled in cost (and power, to some degree) for levels of use. Biggee, you're easily in the top 3 engineers ingame, only lacking some ger due to inactivity, that being said, I hardly thing you loose your drones often? Seriously, any 'good' engineer will rarely be losing all their drones, that is if the're not completely ignorant to what's happening with the Ai - You're sweet.

If low-level engineers are complaining about costs of losing 4x Armada Infernos, Adv. C&C and a charge, then perhaps they should look back into BFDs, Ambushes, Titans and Acmes, all respectiable and useful drones.

Also, what about all the people that have made stockpiles of Armada Charge/Ambush/Inferno drones for sale an use? Just screw them over, awesome!

Idea is flawed.

Time Warp

Weapons shot for free and no matter how expensive they are, they save money over time also they are NB in some cases so u cant even lost em. Are they crazy unbalanced or completely useless?

Because drones are automated defense platforms with their own shield and enegybanks and a variety of weapons. ONE engineer can deploy a multidude of drones for differing auras, effects and weapons. Unliked ONE beserker, for example, which can only fire one type of weapon at a time.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:40 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Engineers have the potential to lose ~15b in a single death. FCs have the potential to lose 500m in a single death, and other classes have the potential to lose 125m. All other classes have a large fee for the initial character creation (FCs 4x the cost of others, but it's still just a 1-time fee). Engineers need to pay large amounts of money constantly, often due to lag or bad luck. Also, they're really no more powerful than any other class, they just fill a different niche. This should defo be added.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 am
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

Kinda sucks when you loose your drones because you DC while killing a Hive solo.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:21 am
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

Also sucks when you have Lion snipers grab Zeus aggro and instead of hiding on debris or dieing honorably they hide on your drones and invite you to lose bilions on their mistake. =P

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:35 am

Asmodeaan wrote:
Also sucks when you have Lion snipers grab Zeus aggro and instead of hiding on debris or dieing honorably they hide on your drones and invite you to lose bilions on their mistake. =P

I smell an -X-... He's done that ot lB like 5 times in heph.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:46 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3253

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
yugioh124 wrote:
Engineers have the potential to lose ~15b in a single death. FCs have the potential to lose 500m in a single death, and other classes have the potential to lose 125m. All other classes have a large fee for the initial character creation (FCs 4x the cost of others, but it's still just a 1-time fee). Engineers need to pay large amounts of money constantly, often due to lag or bad luck. Also, they're really no more powerful than any other class, they just fill a different niche. This should defo be added.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:04 am
Main: -atiii-
Level: 2708

syberian wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
Griffin wrote:
I've been thinking about this for awhile.

If Engineers were to have drone generators, their power should be nerfed seeing as how the risk:power ratio is thrown off. If Engi's will get a nerf to compensate, I would be totally for it.

go fuck yourself.

Don't talk or quit, just do your job, play and fuck, forever.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

syberian wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
Griffin wrote:

If Engineers were to have drone generators, their power should be nerfed seeing as how the risk:power ratio is thrown off. If Engi's will get a nerf to compensate, I would be totally for it.

go fuck yourself.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:23 pm
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

syberian wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
Griffin wrote:

go fuck yourself.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:56 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

syberian wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
Griffin wrote:

go fuck yourself.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:43 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Stabberz, you're an idiot.

Mail wrote:

Idea is flawed.

Time Warp

but what if the drone generators weren't neurobound and drones were neurobound that were made? this also solves aforementioned problem of engineers being able to just run around without GG and have no consequences.

There is a real problem with what to do with all the drones already out there that cost people time and money, but i'm sure they could be transformed into generators/cashmoney or something I can't think of a good response to that now

Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:03 am

a jedi master wrote:
Stabberz, you're an idiot.

Mail wrote:

Idea is flawed.

Time Warp

but what if the drone generators weren't neurobound and drones were neurobound that were made? this also solves aforementioned problem of engineers being able to just run around without GG and have no consequences.

There is a real problem with what to do with all the drones already out there that cost people time and money, but i'm sure they could be transformed into generators/cashmoney or something I can't think of a good response to that now

If you make generators cost cash to run, then it's just the same as the a BP but u can't multibuild. I still maintain that this is a bad idea.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:16 am