Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

Post Re: Drones and drone generators
I don't like this idea, and I don't really see why I'd use a compact drone generator when I can just use the real thing and probably not die as a result in the process.

The only people I see suffering right now are mid level players and no one cares about them.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:57 am
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

assasinat3r wrote:
I don't like this idea, and I don't really see why I'd use a compact drone generator when I can just use the real thing and probably not die as a result in the process.

The only people I see suffering right now are mid level players and no one cares about them.

Well that's insensitive.

And TW, consider all individual drones and things at all related to individual drones in the game were REPLACED with things related to drone generators. Besides anything to do with stats/augs/skills obviously.

Bp would be for a drone generator, and that's where the cost of drones comes from.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:02 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

a jedi master wrote:
assasinat3r wrote:

Well that's insensitive.

And TW, consider all individual drones and things at all related to individual drones in the game were REPLACED with things related to drone generators. Besides anything to do with stats/augs/skills obviously.

Bp would be for a drone generator, and that's where the cost of drones comes from.

So now (Say, Armad Inferno Drone Gen.) we're makign Inferno drones, and turning them into generators... From this, two scenrios will occur:

1) We cap the amount of drones generated to the amount put in at start of build, in which case, we're just saving engineers hull even though they already have the most hull ingame....

2) We leave it unlimited in which case enigneers will have infinite drones, stupid.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:00 am

Quote:
So now (Say, Armad Inferno Drone Gen.) we're makign Inferno drones, and turning them into generators... From this, two scenrios will occur:

1) We cap the amount of drones generated to the amount put in at start of build, in which case, we're just saving engineers hull even though they already have the most hull ingame....

Edit: wait what? explain what you mean by saving hull... Finally understood what you're saying about putting drones in to what you get out of generator. That's a good idea. How would this save engineer's hull exactly? it's the exact same, the drones would be generated in the hull not just layed outside at will.

Problem with drones being neurobound and not cappable tho. I'm seeing a problem with this for perma drones so i'm gonna say perma drones don't have generators cuz that just makes sense.

Quote:
2) We leave it unlimited in which case enigneers will have infinite drones, stupid.

Time Warp

It was already mentioned that it would only make 6 at a time, and never more than 6 bc why would you need more than 6 anyways if they're neurobound? Not losing drones every time you die and making the cost of losing drones the same as the cost of losing gear for other classes. Only problem I see from this whole topic is people would buy drones significantly less (bc they would just buy generators) but that's just how it should be, drones should be should be sold about the same amount as other weapons and lost less.

Edit: Currently one armada charge is 2-2.2b market price and people lose them every day, whereas how often does a shield monkey lose his weapon...

Last edited by a jedi master on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Mail wrote:
a jedi master wrote:

Well that's insensitive.

Time Warp

Stupid zerkers and their infinite lincins.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:53 am

I think this topic is still relevant, so, it needs a bump. Drone issue must be solved now that that other classes can't lose their weapons... Granted fighters can be lost and missiles cost money, but Drone tend to cost many times more than is necessary for an item that is lost forever.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 pm

thebattler35 wrote:
Mail wrote:
a jedi master wrote:

Well that's insensitive.

Time Warp

Stupid zerkers and their infinite lincins.

A single set of lion incinerators are far less powerful than 6 (Note that it is more than the 5 a Beserker can MF) Armada infernos. Get your hed out of your ass.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:54 pm

a jedi master wrote:
I think this topic is still relevant, so, it needs a bump. Drone issue must be solved now that that other classes can't lose their weapons... Granted fighters can be lost and missiles cost money, but Drone tend to cost many times more than is necessary for an item that is lost forever.

No it's not. It's a bad suggestions born out of ignorance and people wanting their class to be the best without foyble. The admins haven't made any advances on this and won't because it was ilconcieved.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

My thought is that a drone generator costs EXACTLY the same as the drone it originally was. Each generator correspond to one drone.

To deploy the drone, you must charge up the generator as you'd charge the drone now. But when the drone dies, that specific generator has a cooldown...say, 20x the charge time, BEFORE you can charge the generator back up.

Like, an AID generator takes 10 seconds to charge, and when it dies, it takes 200 seconds + 10 more seconds, taking three and a half minutes for that specific generator to get back in the game.

If, for some reason, manage to get all your drones blown up at more or less the exactly same time, the generators won't stack the cooldown. All 6 AID's would take 3.5 minutes, not 21 minutes.

*Note that if it may be needed, the DAMAGE of the drones can be reduced.

Results: If you paid 3b for an AID, you're still paying 3b for an AID. Drones don't have the chance of truly dying, so theres no chance of 3b loss per AID. Just note that Durability would affect the generators, either by the time it takes to charge/cooldown, or the drone itself.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:45 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Built drone generators that take a full set of drones for each. 6 armada charges = 1 generator. Generators make max 3 drones over a certain time, while some generators only make 1 etc. Generators should be expensive to repair, somewhere in the ball park of 300-500mil per death for an end-game engineer from drones alone. The less durability a generator has, the more time it takes to generate drones.

This still makes engineers the most expensive class to play by far, but there are cooldowns for being able to deploy unless you spend some serious cash for extra generators and if an engineer loses drones it doesn't make him completely fucking useless until he goes and buys more.

I don't mind the cost really, i only mind that people can exploit engineers for cash because there is no other way to get drones other than drops/buying them. Which you can't get them as drops unless you have drones, so it's kind of a self-defeating prophecy if you play solo.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:03 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

I still don't like the idea that theres one single class that costs considerably more to run than even a slave owning class.

ShM and FC have slaves that...well, can use lower tech gear, but th engineer...500m per death. At T20 gear. An FC will be toting a 500m death at T21, with his fancy Zeus Throne. The Pax Engineer will have the same cost at death?

Thats why I mentioned that overall damage can be reduced for the ability to have less loss. I would gladly lob off 25% of my DPS if my death would be reduced from 15b to 100m like any other T20 class(main ship).

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 am

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
I still don't like the idea that theres one single class that costs considerably more to run than even a slave owning class.

ShM and FC have slaves that...well, can use lower tech gear, but th engineer...500m per death. At T20 gear. An FC will be toting a 500m death at T21, with his fancy Zeus Throne. The Pax Engineer will have the same cost at death?

Thats why I mentioned that overall damage can be reduced for the ability to have less loss. I would gladly lob off 25% of my DPS if my death would be reduced from 15b to 100m like any other T20 class(main ship).

Agreed, and the inconvenience of having find or make the drone all over again

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 am