Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Post Olympus+ Ship Blueprints
Can these be turned into ship upgrades? The time it takes to get a ship put to item form, and also to build the + version of the ship combined can take several weeks, and this is preventing a lot of people from playing the game, as they normally have their Olympus ships in constant use. So I was hoping there was a plan to make all Olympus Ship+ Blueprints into instant ship upgrade blueprints instead, such as the ones in Free Market. Admin responses is appreciated, along with added suggestion tweaking from other players.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:04 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: Olympus+ Ship Blueprints
Wasn't the plan for ALL plus bps be upgrades?

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:10 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

All t20+ ships should have upgrades I think.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:10 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Make it so

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:21 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Fully agree with this.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:24 pm
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

But this would cut out the admin's market on item forming ships to make + versions.

/signed.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:51 pm
over 9000!

Asmodeaan wrote:
But this would cut out the admin's market on item forming ships to make + versions.

/signed.

True, but there is still plenty of demand for the service apart from the building of + ships.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

+ versions of ships are roughly 10% better statwise with a bonus, yet cost almost 100x as much in some cases. Very rarely are + ships used because the next tier is cheaper, and better, which is crazy.

I love the idea of turning a ship into a + form ship, could be the same cost too.

The player would have to remove everything (minus augs) on that ship and it would only take 1-3 days (seeing as they would be relinquishing their main ship im guessing to a base). Augs are not destroyed in the process. Hell, make the BP's more common but make them consumed in the process.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Main: nutter
Level: 86

Why should you have to wait even more to upgrade your ship to +?

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 pm
over 9000!

BAM5992 wrote:
+ versions of ships are roughly 10% better statwise with a bonus, yet cost almost 100x as much in some cases. Very rarely are + ships used because the next tier is cheaper, and better, which is crazy.

I love the idea of turning a ship into a + form ship, could be the same cost too.

The player would have to remove everything (minus augs) on that ship and it would only take 1-3 days (seeing as they would be relinquishing their main ship im guessing to a base). Augs are not destroyed in the process. Hell, make the BP's more common but make them consumed in the process.

FYI there are already upgrade items that will instantly turn your ship-form Zebucart into a Zebucart+ (and likewise for other common ships), keeping augs and gear intact. The suggestion here (which I believe is already intended to go in) is for high tech + ship blueprints to not have the regular ship in their build cost, and produce such an upgrade item instead of producing the item form + ship directly. You would then use the item on your own ship to upgrade it.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:35 pm