Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Post DG drops
Let's make them useful.

I have two suggestions for this:

(1)
Introduce AI base gear BPs. These drop from a wide range of Dgs and require certain DG gear to build.

Example:Fire Beams blueprint: requires one DWO, 5,000,000 metals, 200,000 microchips, 10 fabulous factory parts and 100 promethium. Periodic: 10 fermium.
Builds: 300 fire beams

Obviously that would be an absolute pain to sell soo... I can't see fire beams being produced. It may be nice to strike a balance here, as I think that simply producing raw credits seems too easy.

Variation: instead of normal AI base gear they produce different commods called 'weaponry' or something. AI bases across the galaxy (ones in peril more so) consume and demand these commods based on the danger factor.

Or
(2)
Add a token system, where someone can trade in their DG drop for X tokens (based upon tech level and drop rate). These are then either exchanged for other common items (E.G I swap 10 tokens for a venusian jackhammer) or gambled on a mission similar to the Christmas ones.

Either way it'd be nice to see people scooping flapping wings and not instantly tossing them.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:13 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: DG drops
Second way is promising. First way breaks down because you can sell Fire Beams to AI bases.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:19 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

It's possible to sell fire beams to AI bases, but I believe that doing so would score you halve the usual sell cost. Thus slashing your profits.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:26 pm
Team: Relentless Community
Main: Flake Marshal
Level: 6334

The token system is what needs to be put in.In a game called galaxy II they got a honor points system to turn honor points in for bps and items

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

General wrote:
The token system is what needs to be put in.In a game called galaxy II they got a honor points system to turn honor points in for bps and items

Don't forget Runescape. And Guild Wars.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Griffin wrote:
General wrote:

Lord of the Rings Online has skirmish points and they are also similar to this. This is becoming a trend in MMORPGs and I'm sure there are countless games with something like this.

Let's say I want a GGnT from a DG in the current systen. Well I have never gotten one from a DG so it might take awhile. Doing DGs with a token system is more rewarding and addicting because you see your progress. Even if a GGnT required something like 100 tokens.

Switching to token system would kill the market for several items. I'd like to see DGs dropping both regular loot and a token.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 am
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

With a token system it would be good if there are different kinds of tokens. With different kinds for each layer, increased DF, certain bosses, uber bosses, special DGs like bonnet and things like that.

That way an item wouldn't just take 15 tokens, it could take 5x, 6y, and 4z tokens.
Commod drops from AI would work perfectly as tokens if they didn't have half lives.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Make more "better" content that's usful and stop minior augs etc dropping in perl dgs.

Also the token system sounds boring to me as its just tokens... If I wanted tokens I would go to the fair in Porthcawl. Its very uncreative.

^ add the tokens as a bonus item to the loot then I'll be happy about it.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am
Main: Spartanski Smok
Level: 2432

The Salty One wrote:
Let's make them useful.

(1)
Introduce AI base gear BPs. These drop from a wide range of Dgs and require certain DG gear to build.

Example:Fire Beams blueprint: requires one DWO, 5,000,000 metals, 200,000 microchips, 10 fabulous factory parts and 100 promethium. Periodic: 10 fermium.

Obviously that would be an absolute pain to sell soo... I can't see fire beams being produced. It may be nice to strike a balance here, as I think that simply producing raw credits seems too easy.

Variation: instead of normal AI base gear they produce different commods called 'weaponry' or something. AI bases across the galaxy (ones in peril more so) consume and demand these commods based on the danger factor.

Or
(2)
Add a token system, where someone can trade in their DG drop for X tokens (based upon tech level and drop rate). These are then either exchanged for other common items (E.G I swap 10 tokens for a venusian jackhammer) or gambled on a mission similar to the Christmas ones.

Either way it'd be nice to see people scooping flapping wings and not instantly tossing them.

+1

Griffin wrote:
General wrote:

xD

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:31 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

/signed for tokens.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:18 pm
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25

The Salty One wrote:
Let's make them useful.

(1)

Or
(2)

Buying 1 DWO for 300m then transforming it to 300 fire beams then sell them to ai base for 6m ea making a profit of 1.5b

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:20 am
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Suggested numbers, not absolutely what would be put in-game. Duh.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:34 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Markoz wrote:
stop minior augs etc dropping in perl dgs.

No.

The reason why they drop is because the AI's use them. Would you like MF Reavers, MF Picks, 2800 Watts, GB's, etc to have the potential to tank 3-5x more, do up to 3x more damage(let alone ROF), and for the fast AI's to constantly push 700 speed?

These augs affect bosses too, like Zeus and Kidd.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 am
Team: Eternity
Main: Assassin's Sniper
Level: 4011

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Markoz wrote:
stop minior augs etc dropping in perl dgs.

No.

The reason why they drop is because the AI's use them. Would you like MF Reavers, MF Picks, 2800 Watts, GB's, etc to have the potential to tank 3-5x more, do up to 3x more damage(let alone ROF), and for the fast AI's to constantly push 700 speed?

These augs affect bosses too, like Zeus and Kidd.

That and noone wants to fight a Sup. Docking auged mf reaver, think of the overkill D:

+1 Internets

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:51 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: spaceglob
Level: 2233

i like tokens+loot idea.
Also, i think dging should be more rewarding, just a little bit.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:29 am