Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Post Low Level Engineer
Make lower level engineer drones be available from the engineer base via missions once the level requirement has been passed. This is for drones like fire control and inferno drones, ones that aren't likely to be built by the character involved.

Introduce more better lower level freighters. At the moment the difference between a paximini and anything for at least 4-5 tech levels is catastrophic. Paximini has an excellent charger, excellent resists, and a SSS that makes combat extremely fun but still challenging if you're facing difficult enemies.

However, there is practically nothing to rival it for many tech levels. On C2 beta, i'm at level 45 and still using it and magic attacks, because getting a better ship for better drones just isn't worth the trouble. And i still die a lot, which tells you quite a bit about the difficulty we're facing here.

Another problem is that there just aren't hardly any low tech freighters. The NCC bulk requires a long mission chain to get, and isn't very good anyway. The normal bulk is slow, a beast to maneuver, and has zero resists...and really shouldn't be used as a combat freighter anyway. The goldenboy ships require you to go get 5-6 levels in RC, a skill that you might not get for hundreds of thousands of levels otherwise, and their resists are only in one direction and they have no inbuilts of any kind and they're quite slow.

What it comes down to is that there are no other ships for low level engineers, which really inhibits their drone choices because no higher tech ship=no higher tech drones.

Can we either have the available ships boosted somehow, or introduce some new ships for lower levels to use?

Also, the healing drone you can get from reflector doesn't heal enough to make it worth using, especially since it's in warp two(for a tech 4 drone!) It would be great if it were at least taken down to warp one, and maybe reduce the damage the reflector drones do. Their damage was accidentally added in a weapons rebalance anyway, i think, so it would be cool if that were taken away again since it doesn't do anything positive anyhow.

That's about it for now.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:33 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Post Re: Low Level Engineer
Why the hell not.

/signed

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

The new piloting requirements for RC skill make it improbable for people to do swarms of paxes and skip the tedius levels from 40-100 [unless SD or some alternative]. Should be logical to add some more content to help through these levels be it in missions/ai or ship/equipment content.

/signed

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25

Paximinus, Roswell, Rosburst, Kelvin, Rosefire, OS Helga, OS rosburst all of these ships works for lvling a low lvl Engi and all are easly obtainable.
That said Paximinus is one of the more superior low tech ships and sould ider be incresed in tech or have a slightly beefed version for T6-8

Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 pm

I tried a kelvin; it was inferior to my paximini. And it's not a freighter to boot.

The main issue, i think, is that lower level ships have essentially no resists, even though resists are equally useful at all tech levels.

landswimmer wrote:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Just a quick bump with an update: Low tech drone mastery drones like the droplet drone are almost impossible for an authentic low level to build. They MUST be available for missions(that require no built materials!). I've never seen one of these used, and that's just wrong.

Idea: Must get the BP for them from DG's or something, and once the BP is turned in you can just get them for credits or some other funny commodity. At a big markup from the BP cost, of course, but you can at least get them that way.

Additionally, their effects are weaker, and even effect less drones because the player cannot deploy as many. For example;

A tech 5 drone gives like 10% damage and elec regen, and boosts 3 other drones; a tech 20 drone gives 25% damage and elec regen and boosts 5 other drones, making it DRAMATICALLY more powerful, and making the lower tech ones just useless.

Idea for solution; lower tech drones have less percentage values and greater hard stat values. For example, the tech 5 resistance drone could give a 25 damage soak, useless at higher techs but incredibly useful at lower ones. The drone could give +30 damage and elec regen, again, quite useful at lower techs but useless at higher ones.

This would make these drones dramatically more useful

landswimmer wrote:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:15 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Hmm... With Powers that Be making piloting such a SP hog there needs to be a ship for every class every 2-3 tech levels. I'm sure there are many more gaps that need to be filled now.

I am still completely against drones needing to have a ship of equal or greater tech. You can upgrade literally every other piece of equipment to a higher tech, from shields to weapons to energy, but not your drones. And they aren't even a part of your ship!

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:26 pm
Profile WWW