Main: Spartanski Smok
Level: 2432

Post Re: Remove AI running
This is indeed annoying like fuck, but only for low levels. Real high-level players use tractors, or know how to kill an AI, if you don't, then just hide in a corner.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:25 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Well, it's honestly not a problem at all at high levels. In fact, I didn't even know AI ran away, because they never get the CHANCE to try it out! On my SD i go over 400 speed, nothing can escape me. On my engineer they can never escape. On my sniper i just...well, keep shooting. And they die. Derp. On my gunner i have 1400 range, so it's really not any different from my sniper.

The fact of the matter is that at high levels you tend to get faster, do more damage, have more range, and have better tractors, and more. Your ability to keep your damage on your enemy is pretty much cubed or more.

But at low levels it is insanely difficult, especially since many lower level AI even have things that help them escape like grem weapons and afterburners and flit devices and...all sorts of things! It's like they WANT you to be annoyed enough to put your foot through your monitor at low levels.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Then level your alts off DGs like most good players do. Running makes AIs more intelligent, making the game more fun. AIs in DGs never run, unless you'r sniper.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Lol, that makes perfect sense. If you cant kill a single AI, then try taking on 8 of them at once!

If the person trying this COULD kill 8 of an AI that gives them experience, then they would have absolutely no problem killing a single AI that gives experience before they can get away.

Therefore, you should think about what you're saying before you post.

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:47 pm

I don't have problems with leveling my level 100-200 alts(depending on class) off Rosemarys in DGs. I wonder how you level your alts then.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 pm

This makes me curious... Have you actually tried C2? Or are you just running(terrible pun, sorry) your mouth off?

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:50 pm

No I haven't tried C2 yet. Aren't we talking about C1?

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Dude, C1 is lasting for approximately another WEEK. What else could i possibly be talking about but C2?

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 pm

Thought we were talking about C1, because this thread is not in C2 forum. End of discussion, I'm out.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:53 pm

I dont understand why you were supporting a very annoying game mechanic just because you can work around it, though.

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Tvtropes wrote:
All but the most bloodthirsty/brave/stupid Humanoids will run away in fear when they get to about 20% or so health. This might seem smart, but they're really just looking for their friends.

This is a quote of the mechanics in World of Warcraft, which would make the entire mechanic far more viable.

I guess it's not that running is annoying, per-say; it's that they run away and dont come back until they've regenerated. And then run away when you get their health low enough.

Rather than removing the code entirely, have them attempt to flee to an ally; if there isn't an ally within range, they will come back and attempt to finish you off regardless. Finally, disable running for a second time; after the first time, they should just assume they cant get away.

This would maintain the purpose of the code without much of the annoyance factor.

landswimmer wrote:

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Cygnus wrote:
Tvtropes wrote:
All but the most bloodthirsty/brave/stupid Humanoids will run away in fear when they get to about 20% or so health. This might seem smart, but they're really just looking for their friends.

This is a quote of the mechanics in World of Warcraft, which would make the entire mechanic far more viable.

I guess it's not that running is annoying, per-say; it's that they run away and dont come back until they've regenerated. And then run away when you get their health low enough.

Rather than removing the code entirely, have them attempt to flee to an ally; if there isn't an ally within range, they will come back and attempt to finish you off regardless. Finally, disable running for a second time; after the first time, they should just assume they cant get away.

This would maintain the purpose of the code without much of the annoyance factor.

+1

Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:36 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Xonok2 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Tvtropes wrote:

+1

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

The 2nd time not running away code is in c1, some reason it didn't get passed on to c2.

I'm sure in the next 2-4 months+ it will be sorted.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 pm