Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Post Resistances and Weaknesses
Summary: AI aren't weak enough to specific damage types.

Full Topic: Something i've noticed is that, while a lot of emphasis is put on the weakness/resistance deal in the beginning(including the VERY cool new scanner system!!), it never really seems to go anywhere. A perfect example of this would be the bana AI; sure, they're immune to laser weapons, but killing them with a heat weapon doesn't seem to go all that much faster than any other weapon. Especially at a low level, it would be great if the difference were much larger, so the person notices the difference.

That would also open the door to making many of the other lower tech ships a bit weaker to their specific damage types; this reduction in difficulty could be compensated for by the higher SP costs we're getting right now. Especially with some AI like rosfires it would be extremely nice. Dont know if this should go here or in the suggestions forum...

Another thing; people dont have SP to waste on getting better levels in equipment so they can scan their enemies for weaknesses! Make scanners generally be lower tech but have the same scanning values, so people can actually use scanners without having to go out of their way to use them.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Re: Resistances and Weaknesses
I think your point about making some weaknesses in the low level AI more exaggerated is a really good one.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

as long as nexus AI are giving us total crap for XP, why not make them possible to kill anyways?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Zekk wrote:
as long as nexus AI are giving us total crap for XP, why not make them possible to kill anyways?

He has a point, most AI are unkillable until they get pointless to kill, as your already too high level.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:09 pm