Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

Post Re: Trqansference weapons. nom vampires ?
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
This would be horribly broken with bosses, unless it only gave you a % of the shields eaten.

Step 1: Equip 5 weps
Step 2: Warp into Emp
Step 3: Fire infinitely onto emp, draining shields and healing yourself, negating anyone else in the squad unless the level happens to outdps a zerker (YEAH RIGHT)
Step 4: Repeat 3/??????
Step 5: Solo Emp Profit!

1. Can't MF Transes.
2. Would be shm locked.
3. ?????
4. Owned

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:58 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuzz ship: +100k soak to all damage types, plus their 99.999% resists, and an adum's blocker and a shield that has 100k regen per second.

So in other words, you need 100m dps to break its regen. Let alone finding one that has a regen aug. And if theres a player that manages it, and not report, Ban hammer crashes down.

Fuzz ships don't have any soaks, or 99.99% resists, and I don't think they have 100k RPS shields (Adum's isn't that high, it's on the wiki).

Quote:
So, to balance this. Trans Power/Eff won't affect Vampire Per Second(VPS). Damage and Resist would, like a normal self damaging weapon. But it drains your target's shields to a minimum of 1(cannot actually kill target with Vampire), if you break its regen.

You also cannot heal very well, because you use DPS augs instead of HPS augs like a normal monkey. So in the end, you're a hybrid of a shm and a regular dps class, like a Zerk. Zerks have sucky healing and regen capability.

Transference Power is just +damage but for only transference damage. Transference efficiency I think would work against you in such a situation.
Transference resistance would work against you for this too.

anilv wrote:
Could use to kill Fuzz ships.

We can give AI like that Atlum Blockers, not sure if the block stopping you from healing AI just takes into account damage type or just the amount of damage you'd do.

I might make one (locally) to see what it's like.

Support

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:32 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuzz ship: +100k soak to all damage types, plus their 99.999% resists, and an adum's blocker and a shield that has 100k regen per second.

So in other words, you need 100m dps to break its regen. Let alone finding one that has a regen aug. And if theres a player that manages it, and not report, Ban hammer crashes down.

Fuzz ships don't have any soaks, or 99.99% resists, and I don't think they have 100k RPS shields (Adum's isn't that high, it's on the wiki).

Thats why it's a suggestion? In the suggestion forum?

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:12 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

biggee531 wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
ShMs are for healing, not killing. If they want to level, they go DGing with a buddy, or MC. Almost noone (other than level 3ks that heal level 500s in MF reaver DGs) plays ShM main, it's a class that's made after you already have another endgame char. It has a clear and useful role, and is more important than any other class for group content. It doesn't need more offensive power, their slaves can already be quite impressive.

So FC's get their cake and can eat it too and that's how it should stay?

If you want to kill stuff with slaves, you go FC. If you want to heal, you go ShM. Just because ShM gets a bonus to slaves doesn't mean the two classes should be comparable.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Biggee is referring to the fact theres a number of FC's that don't use slaves, but the radx bonus, and level up/pvp/dg just fine.

A shm without slaves without a zerk/sniper/gunner is 99% a dead shm in a combat scene.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 am

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Biggee is referring to the fact theres a number of FC's that don't use slaves, but the radx bonus, and level up/pvp/dg just fine.

A shm without slaves without a zerk/sniper/gunner is 99% a dead shm in a combat scene.

What possible reason could you have for not using slaves as FC? Even though FC gets a +200% rad damage bonus, pretty much every combat class gets more than +200% damage overall from class skills, which would also apply to rad. Even if, for whatever reason, you wanted a rad damage-centric FC, it would make no sense at all to let your slave slots go to waste.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:45 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

It don't work, some code changes are going to be needed before any of these kinds of weapons can be added.

I'm not so sure if it's such a good idea though, because of what it is. =/

Support

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:43 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Transference Power is just +damage but for only transference damage. Transference efficiency I think would work against you in such a situation.
Transference resistance would work against you for this too.

I might make one (locally) to see what it's like.

I doubt this. Healing another shm has a positive effect. Therefore efficiency (etc) would not hinder your efforts.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Trans resist and trans efficiency both reduce the amount of self damage you take by a percent, even if that self damage were negative.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:33 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

there is a hurty trans in game already.... the one that kaylee grand uses. Engineer Chain Destruction MK I or something.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:28 pm

SimonV2 wrote:
there is a hurty trans in game already.... the one that kaylee grand uses. Engineer Chain Destruction MK I or something.

There's also an admin weapon that's positive trans damage, I've seen it used in colo. Xanthic, maybe?

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:55 pm