Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Post Re: Drones Equipping Shouldn't be limited by ship level
There is that Small problem of not being able to get p20 until level 500...

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25

Cygnus wrote:
There is that Small problem of not being able to get p20 until level 500...

how is this a prob?

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Quote:
i like this but i dont want a lvl 100 whit Bulk 2 going against Slumbers whit titans

Le Derp

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:23 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

SwiftDeath wrote:
i like this but i dont want a lvl 100 whit Bulk 2 going against Slumbers whit titans
Thats why DD should be level locked. DD20 only at lvl 500! Then what problem do you find?

btw, who are you? All I see is a lvl 20 under your name.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

The current system is how it is because people used to power-level with t20 titan drones at lvl 100 out of low-tech ships. C1 doesn't have the mechanics necessary to level-lock skills unless you put certain levels of a skill into a separate galaxy that has a level limit for entering (like rumble1/2/3/mumble is for piloting). So they locked it to ship hull to counteract the people that were already doing it.

Now that C2 is so close to launching, level-locking skills is possible, even if multiple levels of a skill are in the same base. It just has to be implemented and added to the to-do list by a coder.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:35 am

a little bit retarded are we? in C2 i got W2 at about 75-80 and went to lvl on Slumbers and Cleft in a paximinus wille ok it got more resistance and a SSS, i did not have to use the SSS untill i got ambushed and it lacks alot of hull to pack some huge great gears whit so its more then posible

and above this its the part whit C2 having comen whitout any C1 gear so everything is obtained from scratch

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 pm

SwiftDeath wrote:
a little bit retarded are we? in C2 i got W2 at about 75-80 and went to lvl on Slumbers and Cleft in a paximinus wille ok it got more resistance and a SSS, i did not have to use the SSS untill i got ambushed and it lacks alot of hull to pack some huge great gears whit so its more then posible

and above this its the part whit C2 having comen whitout any C1 gear so everything is obtained from scratch

Wtf are you talking about? This makes no sense.

landswimmer wrote:

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Cygnus wrote:
SwiftDeath wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? This makes no sense.

It was a responce to Saratoga him saying u need like lvl 200-350 to kill slumbers me saying it i did in a T3 ship in C2 at lvl 75-80 whit ai base gear

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:16 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

I hated it at first but I understand the reasoning.

First of all anyone who says it's too hard to level in the beginning isn't trying all the options. I used rosburst with magic attacks to 50-70ish then got in an EFF and used MMD's or fatty's or whatever til 100 then got an EFC with DWO's.

I think the purpose to to prevent a person from using t20 drones forever in a t16 ship and actually create incentive to get a new ship, but indeed no t20 drones til lvl 500 is a bit too much.

and DD isn't locked by piloting you can get dd to level 20 and drone mastery to 20 before then, enabling 6 drones dropped before 500.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:33 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

a jedi master wrote:
I hated it at first but I understand the reasoning.

First of all anyone who says it's too hard to level in the beginning isn't trying all the options. I used rosburst with magic attacks to 50-70ish then got in an EFF and used MMD's or fatty's or whatever til 100 then got an EFC with DWO's.

I think the purpose to to prevent a person from using t20 drones forever in a t16 ship and actually create incentive to get a new ship, but indeed no t20 drones til lvl 500 is a bit too much.

and DD isn't locked by piloting you can get dd to level 20 and drone mastery to 20 before then, enabling 6 drones dropped before 500.
One: If you prefer to use a capshit over a freighter for DM, there is a bigger problem.

If the suggestion (that DD be level locked) goes in, a t16 ship laying t20 drones would have to be a high enough level to get DD20, and if that level is at all in line with other t20 skills, you would be around 500-550. Not 200 like it was before with the EFFs dropping titans.

DD isn't locked to piloting. But drones are. You need to get level 500 to get piloting 20 to get a t20 ship to lay t20 drones. You see that?

Level 500
Piloting 20
T20 ship
T20 drones

All we want is to cut out the two in the middle to get lvl 500-550 = t20 drones.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:26 am
Profile WWW

Leveled from 100 to 250 in 3 hours in an efc... Anyways the only t20 drone not requiring drone mastery that comes to mind] is the Titan drone and since it's been nerfed anyways I dont see why not usable on lower tech ships, so I agree

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Wait you want to use a lower than t20 ship at level 500? Like an orca? Idk there's not much incentive to upgrade if you can use armada infernos in an orca

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:32 pm