Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Post Re: Drones Equipping Shouldn't be limited by ship level
Since this is the case, other classes should be limited to weapons of your ship tech lvl or lower to be fair.
This mechanic makes no sense whatsoever since you can now level-lock Drone Deployment in C2.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:37 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

biggee531 wrote:
Since this is the case, other classes should be limited to weapons of your ship tech lvl or lower to be fair.
This mechanic makes no sense whatsoever since you can now level-lock Drone Deployment in C2.

Right, I still see no reason why DD isn't just level limited by your level in piloting (or else level locked independently).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:57 pm
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25

Use Ion drones for fly swarms then? T3, 1-2 hits flys, like 500 range whit 360 tracking....
u can use a Rosburst to lvl whit ion in absolution unless ur IQ is 50 or less,
Srsly ion and magic drones are almost the only great drones at low lvl and you complain about magic?
it heals, its 4d, it got decent damage+range, it got high surviveabilety

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:00 pm
over 9000!

xxxx1467 wrote:
Wow , what kind of Flys you talking about? the lvl 1 flys or the big fat flys? 2 hit? you're making me laugh. Go use ion Drones and magic and go lvl in Abso then, if you really think that's enough ~

When there is like 6 Flys ( the big Fatty one ) and you got only like 4 Magic drones , and you're getting pushing away from Wormhole rapidly , tell me how will you deal with it with 2K shield and 4 magic drones. I tried my best in a Pax and it's hardly made it and a Ros? Don't expect anything from a Ros , because it's determined to die in that case.

Who are you and why do you have a Traders flag? :P

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:43 pm

anilv wrote:
xxxx1467 wrote:
Wow , what kind of Flys you talking about? the lvl 1 flys or the big fat flys? 2 hit? you're making me laugh. Go use ion Drones and magic and go lvl in Abso then, if you really think that's enough ~

When there is like 6 Flys ( the big Fatty one ) and you got only like 4 Magic drones , and you're getting pushing away from Wormhole rapidly , tell me how will you deal with it with 2K shield and 4 magic drones. I tried my best in a Pax and it's hardly made it and a Ros? Don't expect anything from a Ros , because it's determined to die in that case.

Who are you and why do you have a Traders flag? :P

I agree whit this becouse if your skilled enought to get into Traders yet dun have the abilety to kill flys like everyone else has something gota be wrong, i done the senario your speaking of exept that i used 3 magics not 4

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:55 am
over 9000!

Good enough for me, perhaps we will meet in game at some point.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 am

anilv wrote:
Good enough for me, perhaps we will meet in game at some point.

I've traded whit you quite many times im just not subbed atm

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:40 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Despite the noobery of this thread, I have been pushing the premise since this farce was introduced.

Ship tech should have no effect on drones.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

"Hull Management"?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:43 am

xxxx1467 wrote:
Visorak wrote:
Despite the noobery of this thread, I have been pushing the premise since this farce was introduced.

Ship tech should have no effect on drones.

I mean , I don't mind if I need Piloting skill to use drones, but the thing is that I'm force to use tech 20 ship in order to use tech 20 Drone , I mean if I have piloting 20 but I don't have a tech 20 ship , then I can't use a tech 20 Drones? I actually have a tech 15 ship only but with T20 Skill in piloting , if the thing is only about level-lock Drones , then why I'm force to use tech 20 ship to use a tech 20 Drones? Just like weapons , I've tech 1 ship but I have like 5 in piloting , and I'm force to use a tech 5 ship in order to use tech 5 weapon? I mean sometimes we don't have the money to buy/make a good t20 ship (I am that case to be truth) but I have 20 in piloting , then am I okay to use a tech 20 Drones? ok , that would be my last question . And yes , sorry that I was stupid in previous discussion, I admit that I almost forgot everything when I was playing 2 years ago , I'm a total noob right now as things changed a lot.

How about changing the 'Piloting' skill to "Piloting and Drone Equipping"?

i like this but i dont want a lvl 100 whit Bulk 2 going against Slumbers whit titans

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:20 pm