Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Post Re: C2 issues/ suggestions
goett wrote:
about the autofire autobrake lock mechanism.... i'm not satisfied with it for couple reasons. have some ez suggestions but ill explain why i feel the need to ask for a change.

-should include autothrust and autoturn.

autothrust.... for ie cyclops in olympus, i can auto thrust and switch clients and not worry about tractors from ai etc for one, also another situation is tractoring. i can put a ul on a drone and autothrust to move it 3k one way or the other.

autoturn... people may laugh but it's awesome for one damn good reason- If i auto brake and ALSO auto turn, if it's turning, i can be that much more assured the brake is locked. an alternative that would satisfy is maybe an icon for autobrake that lights up. it can be the difference at times of coming back 20k out or of dying in oly to ares if you mess this simple thing up. In the old system you had to press 't' and chat client would open as an indicator which was actually very convenient. atm there is no indicator to guarantee you locked orders correctly all the time.

-alt sucks for a button for locking the orders in. at least for me it involves taking my hand off the mouse and holding alt for a couple seconds or doing a really uncomfortable movement with my left hand since i AWSD control my ship. EZ fix.. make it togglable in settings>keys so i could even make it the old 't' button etc.

--------------------------------------------------
autofire autobrake is crucial for mcing to exist. if it goes mcing is pointless imo. this is an important feature for many who get much joy from mcing.

You don't have an Alt directly below the WASD keys?? Just thumb the alt+finger the s

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

I completely agree with everything goett just said. I am NOT satisfied with the auto locking system. When you could press "t" in the old system it would light up the chat, assuring you that you were locked. Also, I use auto thrust all the time while MCing ubers.

Simple Solution: bring back auto locking with "t" as the chat button. Just use the same code as in SS1, I am sure that's not too difficult.

Also, just a suggestion, make the chat bigger, or at least allow us to drag the chat and elongate it. Same goes for the inventory, ITS TO TINY MAN.

- Paxx

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:40 am
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

paxiprime wrote:

Also, just a suggestion, make the chat bigger, or at least allow us to drag the chat and elongate it. Same goes for the inventory, ITS TO TINY MAN.

- Paxx
Yes. inventory should show at least as many lines as it did in c1.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

Madridista wrote:
goett wrote:
about the autofire autobrake lock mechanism.... i'm not satisfied with it for couple reasons. have some ez suggestions but ill explain why i feel the need to ask for a change.

-should include autothrust and autoturn.

autothrust.... for ie cyclops in olympus, i can auto thrust and switch clients and not worry about tractors from ai etc for one, also another situation is tractoring. i can put a ul on a drone and autothrust to move it 3k one way or the other.

autoturn... people may laugh but it's awesome for one damn good reason- If i auto brake and ALSO auto turn, if it's turning, i can be that much more assured the brake is locked. an alternative that would satisfy is maybe an icon for autobrake that lights up. it can be the difference at times of coming back 20k out or of dying in oly to ares if you mess this simple thing up. In the old system you had to press 't' and chat client would open as an indicator which was actually very convenient. atm there is no indicator to guarantee you locked orders correctly all the time.

-alt sucks for a button for locking the orders in. at least for me it involves taking my hand off the mouse and holding alt for a couple seconds or doing a really uncomfortable movement with my left hand since i AWSD control my ship. EZ fix.. make it togglable in settings>keys so i could even make it the old 't' button etc.

--------------------------------------------------
autofire autobrake is crucial for mcing to exist. if it goes mcing is pointless imo. this is an important feature for many who get much joy from mcing.

You don't have an Alt directly below the WASD keys?? Just thumb the alt+finger the s

try doing that and hitting space bar --- do that without mcing where you have to do it fast and efficiently.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:46 am

goett, I was MCing prince and cess today and I found that useing "S" then space bar, and then pressing alt-tab really fast worked pretty well. But that is definitely not a permanent solution. It needs to go back the way it was before.

- Paxx

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

paxiprime wrote:
goett, I was MCing prince and cess today and I found that useing "S" then space bar, and then pressing alt-tab really fast worked pretty well. But that is definitely not a permanent solution. It needs to go back the way it was before.

- Paxx

you hit alt with the base of your hand or had to use the left hand?

the feature works well, it's just the actual button makes it cumbersome as hell to do it quickly, at least for me.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:52 am

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Add a "Lock Current Keys" function that stores and executes all keys being pressed when the lock is toggled. THEN I'll be 95% happy with C2.

I like this idea. Where you can toggle a key to do a few things at once. That way, you can simply click (as a shiled monk) on your target, press (for example) "L" and then alt-tab, to your main. And if your a sniper like me, you can set "L" to lock "s" and the spacebar on your target and go back to your shm. Also I still thing that pressing a key and "t" should lock those keys.

This way force thrust, auto breaking/ firing is all made easy. And we can go back to the game instead of looking to forums for salvation.

- Paxx

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:57 am
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

- I don't believe there is an Interdiction Frigate image either ??

- Certain engines on low quality show black boxes around them, like they don't have transparent backgrounds.

- 'Hopping' over planets and suns seems a bit .. odd, however so would changing what plane they live on P: Hiding under a planet would be cool though !! :3

- RoF for SD's still isn't fixed ?

- Images for weapons isn't .. working ?? Again on 'Low' quality setting, although a Grem Cannon looking like a Pumpkin Missile being ORANGE and SPHERE shaped is quite a different altercation from a green slimey leech :P

Other than that it's looking better each time I play :)

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:40 pm

If you are on low quality, the weapon will not show the image. That is fundamentally what low quality is for lol. If you want graphics, switch to high!

- Paxx

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:18 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

DEFINITE yes to elongating (or larger text, and larger box) for chat and inventory. Why should I have to move my head within 10 inches of screen to read chat lol.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 pm

I agree, many people have already complained about this, and the devs response irc was, that the code to change the chat box was very "complex"

Of course I could be imagining things because I can't seem to find the quote from the dev who said that anywhere lol.

In SS1 I believe that the chat made the game. It was a fundamental and crucial part of the Star Sonata society. Making the chat box smaller makes me feel that I can't communicate as well, and thus decreasing the social aspect of the game.

The chat box must be re-sized to at least 2 times it original height/width.

- Paxx

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Also, is anyone else getting annoyed with the chat bar not saving your text from tab to tab?

Every time someone PM's me, it jumps right to the PM and I loose everything I was typing in team for example. Either allow us to save what we are typing, from one chat to another, or don't make it jump to a PM.

To make this more clear:

For example: I am typing a long Trade message to post what im selling, then one of my team mates PMs me for a favor and the chat jumps directly to his PM. Now ive just lost everything I was typing in trade.

It gets annoying after the first hundred times it happens Lol.

bump if you agree ^,^

- Paxx

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:39 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Agreed, the chat should not automatically jump to new PMs. It would also be nice to save what you've written if you need to take some action in game before finishing.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

anilv wrote:
Agreed, the chat should not automatically jump to new PMs. It would also be nice to save what you've written if you need to take some action in game before finishing.

That^ i hate typing a long message just to have a PM interrupt me and delete it.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 pm
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Camsy wrote:
anilv wrote:

That^ i hate typing a long message just to have a PM interrupt me and delete it.

This is actually a kinda new bug, this didn't happen before.. I was able to type a bunch of things, change PM's.. type something else to someone, go back to the original message and continue where I left off at.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:13 am
Profile YIM WWW