Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Change Crazy Glue to "Hull Integrity"
Madridista wrote:
What about each level adds a percentage chance not to take damage per piece of gear? So it rolls individually on each item to see if it takes damage or not.

So being podded with level 25 =
- equipped item 1 (25% chance to avoid damage)
- equipped item 2 (25% chance to avoid damage)
- equipped item 3 (25% chance to avoid damage)

Each item is rolled individually and the damage applied/saved.

It would be 50% but yeah, good idea there.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

If every item is rolled individually then it would take the same amount of times to loose all your items. Thus making your hull loss chance 25%. Its the same thing, but now your able to loose some items at diffrent rates than others.

Personally, this makes no sense to me. I will just repair all items every time I get the chance, and never loose anything? In my eyes, this system makes it so there is absolutely no loss in the occurrence of death. Unless im missing somthing, it only costs me about 30-50k to repair my items after every time I die, which is negligible.

I mean I am all for it. lol no more 100m per gg, woop woop.

- Paxx

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:09 pm
over 9000!

paxiprime wrote:

If every item is rolled individually then it would take the same amount of times to loose all your items. Thus making your hull loss chance 25%. Its the same thing, but now your able to loose some items at diffrent rates than others.

Personally, this makes no sense to me. I will just repair all items every time I get the chance, and never loose anything? In my eyes, this system makes it so there is absolutely no loss in the occurrence of death. Unless im missing somthing, it only costs me about 30-50k to repair my items after every time I die, which is negligible.

I mean I am all for it. lol no more 100m per gg, woop woop.

- Paxx

You don't get it; you will NEVER lose items in the new (current) system. The worst that will happen is they will degrade to 10% of their functionality, once their durability drops to 10%.

I would expect to see a number of items have their values updated to increase the cost of death, but it's already well over the cost of a GG 21 if you kit out with all upgraded Olympus gear.

Anyway, back to Crazy Glue. The most natural analogue would be for it to give each piece of gear a 2% chance per level of not losing durability upon death. Variations on that should still preserve the basic idea that the expected cost of each death is lowered.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:11 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Also Paxx, I think once the system is established and Scraps are available to buy/sell at AI bases, it will be more lucrative to scoop the scraps from a kill (from a typical end game setup Jey indicated you'd get at least 200-300m maybe more worth of scraps per kill), rather than 100-125m from one gear glue.

And enk I used 1% per level as I thought 2% per level would be too high, but whatever value, it is the most natural progression from CG.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:22 pm

I am running a t20 setup, and right now im only paying a few thousand creds to repair my items.

I scooped some of my scraps with my shm after death and sold them to ai base, and they were only worth about 4k-5k each.

I am still confused Lol. But yeah in reguards to the CG 25 (which I have), i would like to see the durability of my items go up 50% as well.

- Paxx

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:06 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I suppose CG could give you a chance that your repair items stay on your ship rather than popping out. But that would really only help you in PvP situations.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:29 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

JeffL wrote:
I suppose CG could give you a chance that your repair items stay on your ship rather than popping out. But that would really only help you in PvP situations.

I was thinking that the repair items would only be generated and pop out when gear was damaged, and each item would have a chance of avoiding damage with the CG skill.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:36 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Sounds good.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:40 am
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

JeffL wrote:

Then there could be a different system for when killed by a player, but if you lose 50m worth of repair items to ai it's still losing 50m isn't it?

If not, then the system for AI could be that you lose less durability

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 am
over 9000!

You don't need two systems. Whenever you die, each equipped item has a chance of losing durability based on your CG skill (50% when maxed if the system is completely analogous). You drop repair debris based on how much durability you lost. That's it.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

JeffL wrote:

I'm confused now, is there a topic fully explaining what this new system does cause I was under the intention nothing drops any more.

Also thank you for the free week.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Gear won't drop, but if you die, your gear has a chance to lose durability. If your gear loses durability, you will drop scraps proportional to the amount of durability you lost. Not at a 1:1 ratio, but it scales with item rarity.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:10 am

So then when your item has 0% durability, you cant use it? or it drops?

Is there a difference in dps if your weapon has 75% durability over 100% durability?

CG should give your items resistance to "damage" essentially if this is the case.

Still confused on why this matters.

- Paxx

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Something came to my mind. Does the new system only apply to equipped items? In this case, does that mean Gunner and FC can continue to use fighters/missiles without having them being affected by this system?

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:33 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

i expect the launcher will be damaged rather than the missiles/fighters idk

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next