Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post SS Playerbase on Fighters
Discussion topic about fighters.

Last edited by thecrazygamemaster on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 am
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Post Re: Make fighters use SSS
From Server Patch Oct 26 [ viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48169 ]

* Fixed issue with St. Bernard Fighters using their super item.

They were changing shapes and firing heat.. This was unwanted by the player base.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

So, you want St. Bernard fighters to use their secondary, when there is already a concept for an ADF fighter for FC's?

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:02 am

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
So, you want St. Bernard fighters to use their secondary, when there is already a concept for an ADF fighter for FC's?

Is the concept already completely implemented, same cost, same difficulty, same power as Nards?

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:29 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The fix for St. Bernard's wasn't to prevent fighters from using super items, it was that we changed their hull from a Kelvin which has a super item to a new one that doesn't. Fighters will use any super item that they come with, they just don't currently come with anything right now.

I'm not really sure right now which fighters might be underpowered and which ones might be overpowered, but adding super items to underpowered fighters would definitely be interesting.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:32 am
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:
The fix for St. Bernard's wasn't to prevent fighters from using super items, it was that we changed their hull from a Kelvin which has a super item to a new one that doesn't. Fighters will use any super item that they come with, they just don't currently come with anything right now.

I'm not really sure right now which fighters might be underpowered and which ones might be overpowered, but adding super items to underpowered fighters would definitely be interesting.

All the Bana Fighters are UP, especially the t16/17 one. It does less damage per second than a dachund does. Kittens could use some love as well. Can't wait for the ADF fighters tho :O

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:26 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

I am going to go ahead and say that no fighters are OP. Some might be very balanced but none are OP. This can be very easily observed by the fact that FC can obtain much better sustainable DPS from Selen/Scrupling slaves using just onboard weapons rather then EFBC slaves using fighters.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Chaosking3 wrote:
I am going to go ahead and say that no fighters are OP. Some might be very balanced but none are OP. This can be very easily observed by the fact that FC can obtain much better sustainable DPS from Selen/Scrupling slaves using just onboard weapons rather then EFBC slaves using fighters.

During my EFBC phase I tested all available fighters with the exception of one: the t19 bana fighter.

In general I concluded that:
(1)
Fighters are fragile things, unless you've got one or two cerberus fighters launched a MF bigger green will probably one-hit them.
(2)
They miss a lot. Give some selens a set of SBG pulse weapons and they'll have a rather decent hit rate; do the same with space blue delta fighters and they'll miss consistently, doing less overall damage per second than cerberus/beam wielding fighters (applies to everything I have used).
(3)
Ignoring the fact that fighters miss a lot fighters do inferior dps when compared with a set of shrimp (etc) slaves. Sustainability doesn't really aid their cause as they are either too weak to tank (most of them) or do no real dps. Meanwhile the player ship takes a beating.

Before I finish hijacking this topic I'd like to suggest that smaller fighters avoid the collision code, whilst larger (possibly designed more to tank) fighters are not exempt.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:21 pm

The Salty One wrote:
Chaosking3 wrote:

During my EFBC phase I tested all available fighters with the exception of one: the t19 bana fighter.

In general I concluded that:
(1)
Fighters are fragile things, unless you've got one or two cerberus fighters launched a MF bigger green will probably one-hit them.
(2)
They miss a lot. Give some selens a set of SBG pulse weapons and they'll have a rather decent hit rate; do the same with space blue delta fighters and they'll miss consistently, doing less overall damage per second than cerberus/beam wielding fighters (applies to everything I have used).
(3)
Ignoring the fact that fighters miss a lot fighters do inferior dps when compared with a set of shrimp (etc) slaves. Sustainability doesn't really aid their cause as they are either too weak to tank (most of them) or do no real dps. Meanwhile the player ship takes a beating.

Before I finish hijacking this topic I'd like to suggest that smaller fighters avoid the collision code, whilst larger (possibly designed more to tank) fighters are not exempt.

Please, continue hijacking. I have my stuff answered in regards to the SSS problem with the Nards, but all this^ is shit Ive been pissed about since I first got fighters.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:02 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Post Re: SS Playerbase on Fighters
Changing the thread title and first post is NOT allowed D=
~Preter

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6437

I have to agree. Costs vary widely for fighters and most are not nearly as useful as a well augged pair of selen/scrupling/shrimps even in swarms.

Some are stupidly expensive and should either make a pack of fighters or have their requirements changed and/or stats boosted, such as panther kitten fighters. Which cant tank an aggressive sea sponge mad with rage and miss all the damn time with those idiotic ppaws.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:12 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

saran wrote:
I have to agree. Costs vary widely for fighters and most are not nearly as useful as a well augged pair of selen/scrupling/shrimps even in swarms.

Some are stupidly expensive and should either make a pack of fighters or have their requirements changed and/or stats boosted, such as panther kitten fighters. Which cant tank an aggressive sea sponge mad with rage and miss all the damn time with those idiotic ppaws.

xD

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Just a fine balance. Increasing their strength to much would make them op on EFBC for sure. I think the answer would be to increase their survivability/flight time and decreasing their energy cost/size.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:14 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Would you guys like it if their size was decreased a little bit and it was changed so rather than blowing up(usually), they just lose the pilot, and return to your ship? So rather than losing a lot of expensive fighters, you lose a Pilot(new commodity that costs a few mil, maybe?)

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:23 pm
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Blowing up is fine. Not all fighters blow up, and if they do, you are either unlucky, or you have slaves that launch fragile fighters that - lets face it - a slave normally wouldn't blink an eye before launching a panther kitten on Grim Reaver...

I do agree on lowering their size tho. My next big project is to look into fleet commander again, making setups around fighters (now that panther kittens have auras - hurrah!) but also around purely using slaves. The main issue I found with the fighter part, was the size of the fighters, and the ability to only launch what I would call proper fighters these days, from Earthforce Battlecruisers. Of course a Zeus Throne is godlike for a Fleet Commander for launching fighters, but I still believe in a revamp of fighters in general soon.

Not even Jey is using fighters these days, maybe that says a bit!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:55 pm