Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Post Re: PvP
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Idk bout you, but my enemies, when their bases died, they lost Everything. Even the base kits.

Thats worse than before the dead kit thing. Before, at least the enemy wouldn't gain from their kills. Now, we can kill and gain it all. No capping needed!

imo BvB battles should be long, hard and expensive - but the fights are epic and the rewards are immense.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

How often did players actually drop loot? Only as often as they forgot GG20. And how often does that happen?

SCRAP PARTS SYSTEM IS NOT FINISHED YET. Please wait until it is complete. Then if it is still not good enough, I will even join you in hating it.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

If we just "scrap" the scrap parts and replace them with credit drops of equal value, then everything works great. Let people repair on the fly using credits, for a premium, or dock at an AI base and repair for cheaper. This solves the two main problems, i.e. availability and size of scrap parts.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:51 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

The base issue is huge. Bases not dropping loot could mean i can sit on my ass and wait for you to kill 1 kit over an hour, casually go have a snack and come back and use a repair kit and you've made zero progress costing me very little and wasted an hour of your life. I wouldn't even have to check the kit to see if something dropped.

I guarantee that i have more repair kits than you have hours to bvb. Every team is essentially invulnerable.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:51 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

goett wrote:
The base issue is huge. Bases not dropping loot could mean i can sit on my ass and wait for you to kill 1 kit over an hour, casually go have a snack and come back and use a repair kit and you've made zero progress costing me very little and wasted an hour of your life. I wouldn't even have to check the kit to see if something dropped.

I guarantee that i have more repair kits than you have hours to bvb. Every team is essentially invulnerable.

Who says that bases don't drop loot anymore? I didn't see that anywhere but haven't tested it personally.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

They don't drop loot. The whole base is the loot!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:36 pm
Main: Tallon
Level: 5611

Excuse me do not over take my suggestion with your off topic argument go do that in someone else's thread this suggestion is not about wars or bvb so keep it out.

Tallon

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:34 am
over 9000!

This whole topic is about pvp. Hence the name. PvP 99% of the time has war involved, and will involve the strategic and tactical attacks/defense of bases.

If you're going to talk about an action RTS thing like League of Legends, then make it the title. If it's going to say just "PvP", then get over a very broad spectrum discussion.

And you're a little late. I shall pull out my archived topic on it.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:39 am
Main: Tallon
Level: 5611

I am i didnt realise you made the thread and i believe this is a suggestion thread so far from the spam in my post with 3 of you making comments about bvb and pirating i have yet to see a suggestion so who is at wrong here?
so make a suggestion or GTFO
And who said anything about making it like LoL if you read my original post i clearly states Arena like WoW no towers no creeps no nexus to kill just each other learn you games mate.
Tallon

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:47 am
over 9000!

Post Re: PvP Arena
Meh, cba to post my topic now that I've talked to Jeff_L about Action RTS's. He said more like WoW's Battlegrounds rather than LoL's Fields of Justice.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:32 am
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

A BS radar and tractoring auged engineer could easily pluck out seers and snipers in a pvp scenario like that Preter!

Also the perameters of the "arena" would mean that there is an actual arena. Much like the ares arena in oly right now!

I like this idea alot!!

- Paxx

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:16 am
over 9000!

Dead BS engineer isn't exactly a good idea. It's extremely weak to mining...like the Overunderminer. Sitting on drones won't work either. That weapon is ethereal.

If the BS has shield bank to prevent being one shotted, a sniper would just pound the BS into non existence. His drones do diddly squat as he's augged for radar+tractoring, not survival or drone augged.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:20 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 4185

isn't that when it would be the job of the other squad members to keep the engi alive? odd man out scenario (if that's what is still being discussed with seers) could still be a team match.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Lady Gaga
Level: 3614

IMO bases don't fall under the category of PvP. Those are team wars and considering how difficult it can be to kill a good base, I think that bases should still drop gear.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:43 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

bases still do drop gear, i havnt heard to the contrary (yet)

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next