Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Post Chat
OK so the increase in font size was a good starter. However I think there are several other things to do:

-Change it so that both event and all aren't both selected at startup. Event chat should be the first and only one to show on startup to display any messages etc.
-Allow users to set the font size like in the webchat
-Allow users to decide whether the input area for text is constantly shown like in c1 or hidden until you press t currently.
-Increase the size of the chat as default
-Add a button that allows you to collapse the chat area, yet retain the chat channels on the bottom so that if you get a pm or someone talks in team you know.

Some of these are probably possible to change via the XML but with packages currently not working XML changes are currently not something people want to do when the game is being patched every day (which is a good thing ofcourse!)

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:32 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Re: Chat
You can add or remove chat tabs from the pinned group by ctrl+clicking on them to add or hitting the 'x' to remove. I think it's best to default with two pinned chat tabs, because then people see that you can do it. Also, by default if you type, it goes somewhere. If event is the only thing pinned, then if you type, it goes to oblivion.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Would it be possible in any way for a player to change the default in the options menu? I know I can combine chats, but I just choose not to. I don't want to have to disable this every time I log in. :(

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Yes, that should definitely be possible to do at some point.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:16 pm
Profile WWW