over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post [T20 Weapon][SD]Faranji Sterilization.
Tech 20
Two bullets
Pulse
High projectile velocity like SC
Kinda small
Moderate DPS
Speed Demon 20.
BP built, ruin bp.

Built from some sterile cannons, some dem, some cash, and some random pulse guns.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:33 am
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

Post Re: [T20 Weapon][SD]Faranji Sterilization.
but Churchill, Bule is Rad weapons. and Bule already has a 2 bullet rad weapon named the Befouler.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:29 am
over 9000!

Asmodeaan wrote:
but Churchill, Bule is Rad weapons. and Bule already has a 2 bullet rad weapon named the Befouler.

The Befouler is a magcannon. Not a pulse gun.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:26 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Asmodeaan wrote:

The Befouler is a magcannon. Not a pulse gun.

Then what's the point? You are taking 2 very high range, high tracking mag weapons and turning them into a PULSE? Then you are going to use this low tracking weapon on an SD.
Yea.., that sounds really intelligently designed and implemented. Good luck with this ever happening.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!

Why not? A SD pulse gun is SHORT RANGED. A Sniper's pulse gun is long range.

Pulsification = SD Pulse
Mz Big Pulse = Sniper Pulse.

Faranji Sterilization is a T20 short range moderate dps high projectile speed small-medium size radiation pulse gun. A radiation pulse version of a magcannonVIII.

Do I have to explain everything to you as if you were a toddler?

Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Take 1 Fast moving ship, nerf all the tracking of it's weapon to fuck all, reduce it's range from 2,500 to practically nothing, and actually present it as anything but utter shit. That takes a lot of balls or just pure stupidity.

I think this is officially the dumbest fucking thing you have ever thought up.

if you said Zerker this would make incredibly sense, but on an SD...
pulses accelerate away from the ship and more importantly it's target with any lateral motion at all. Up close and personal fighting is for Zerkers, not SDs. If you want to make this anywhere close to being useful it needs to keep the tracking and stay a magcannon and an incredible damage increase to compensate for it's lack of range.

Last edited by Javatech on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!

Even simpler terms, since you don't have a clue.

It's a 3shot, that has 2 bullets and is radiation damage. Herp Derp SD's use 3shots fine.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:46 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Even simpler terms, since you don't have a clue.

It's a 3shot, that has 2 bullets and is radiation damage. Herp Derp SD's use 3shots fine.

I would be interested in any weapon that handles like a 3-shot. That's nothing like what you originally described, but no big deal.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:49 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

A SD pulse with mod range but slow speed and is affected by inertia would be cool, (mod range+low speed means it lasts longer).

Or a single bullet weapon with good DPS, little tracking and heavy speed that adds on inertia (like when your ship is going 0, the bullet goes 500, when you go 700 it goes 1200). Would make dawgfighting coolios

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

Ooh yes more rad weps. something like this i could really break on my FC. Gimmeh gimmeh! =3

(Any rad wep that would be decent on an SD is BROKEN on FC btw. remember FC gets a huge bonus to all radiation damage)

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 am
over 9000!

So goldie, want to tell me how your FC got SpeedDemon20?

As for enk, a 3shot is a pulse gun, but with a bit more tracking and 3 bullets. Add a tracking aug and a normal pulse acts like a 3shot.

As for inertia, all pulse guns act that way. The faster your go in one direction, the faster the pulse gun's bullets go in that direction. Pulse guns actually get a +20% or so damage buff by moving faster, but it's meh. The only pulse gun SD's use on a more-than-once basis is the 3shot. And most Pulses already start out at a slow speed.

So, we have a SD only rad pulse gun. Mister BlueSwarm is a dumbass and can't see this. Moderate range at best(don't want to cross into the realm of sniper pulses like the Big Pulse and PSS). And it has 2 bullets instead of 1.

Whats more fun to shoot? An assault rifle or two SMG's duel-wield assuming both sets have the same rof, penetration, recoil, and range?

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:44 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Why are you explaining pulse gun mechanics to me? I said that if this weapon were like a radiation 3-shot I'd be for it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:54 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Whats more fun to shoot? An assault rifle or two SMG's duel-wield assuming both sets have the same rof, penetration, recoil, and range?

Spoken like someone who hs never shot a gun in their entire life...

Dual wielding handguns is already an exceptionally stupid attempt in real life, and yet they are also the only type of gun you could make a case for actually doing it with in reality.

Sub Machine Guns are known for 2 things; inaccuracy and kick. If you ever in your life had fired weapon you would know this(even a little .22 used for squirrel/rabbit hunting gives a significant enough kick to force you to re-aim before a followup shot). Take any 2 SMGs, let's use MP5s or hell mini Uzis for example: first your eye's need to not meld their vision while open t the same time(not possible), then they need to be set roughly 2 feet apart at minimum to sight correctly(not possible, or is it? No. It's not), then you need to be Superman so you can control the recoil on both weapons simultaneously(not possible unless you are from Krypton).

Even the lowest recoil SMGs made today are completely impossible to aim while firing full auto that is why machine gun sights give you a "beating zone" instead of a target you can hit..

In short unless your target is 2 feet in front of you and paraplegic you aren't hitting shit dual wielding a set of SMGs. So, unless you think spraying fifty bucks in ammunition out in about 2 seconds without ever hitting what you wanted to hit is fun, then the assault rifle is many times more fun.

Assault rifles make you use both hands(suppressing the recoil much more effectively), allow you to use the sights(making each shot hundreds of times more effective than your SMGs), and there is only one of them, which may not seem important, but consider this; when you need to reload in a game doing this your guns go off screen and immediately come back the very next second reloaded. In actuality you need to lay you weapons down to retrieve two more magazines then separately jack each one in(provided you don't have 4 arms, in which case you're fine). Conversely to reload an assault rifle I can [a] use stacking clips and it will take me less than a second and I don't even have to take my eyes away from the sights, or [b] I can carry a pack with spare clips in which case it yet again takes less than a second and I don't have to take my eyes away from the sights.

So, tell me. Which would you rather fire, but before you answer let's recap: to be effective with the dual SMGs you need to be a 4 armed, two headed monstrosity with the strength of either Superman or Goku to apply deadly force(fun fact: if you qualify for the SMGs you are already a deadly force on your own and do not need guns). The assault rifle requires you be a regularly functioning human being to apply deadly force.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:47 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

shawn_mccall wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Spoken like someone who hs never shot a gun in their entire life...

Dual wielding handguns is already an exceptionally stupid attempt in real life, and yet they are also the only type of gun you could make a case for actually doing it with in reality.

Sub Machine Guns are known for 2 things; inaccuracy and kick. If you ever in your life had fired weapon you would know this(even a little .22 used for squirrel/rabbit hunting gives a significant enough kick to force you to re-aim before a followup shot). Take any 2 SMGs, let's use MP5s or hell mini Uzis for example: first your eye's need to not meld their vision while open t the same time(not possible), then they need to be set roughly 2 feet apart at minimum to sight correctly(not possible, or is it? No. It's not), then you need to be Superman so you can control the recoil on both weapons simultaneously(not possible unless you are from Krypton).

Even the lowest recoil SMGs made today are completely impossible to aim while firing full auto that is why machine gun sights give you a "beating zone" instead of a target you can hit..

In short unless your target is 2 feet in front of you and paraplegic you aren't hitting shit dual wielding a set of SMGs. So, unless you think spraying fifty bucks in ammunition out in about 2 seconds without ever hitting what you wanted to hit is fun, then the assault rifle is many times more fun.

Assault rifles make you use both hands(suppressing the recoil much more effectively), allow you to use the sights(making each shot hundreds of times more effective than your SMGs), and there is only one of them, which may not seem important, but consider this; when you need to reload in a game doing this your guns go off screen and immediately come back the very next second reloaded. In actuality you need to lay you weapons down to retrieve two more magazines then separately jack each one in(provided you don't have 4 arms, in which case you're fine). Conversely to reload an assault rifle I can [a] use stacking clips and it will take me less than a second and I don't even have to take my eyes away from the sights, or [b] I can carry a pack with spare clips in which case it yet again takes less than a second and I don't have to take my eyes away from the sights.

So, tell me. Which would you rather fire, but before you answer let's recap: to be effective with the dual SMGs you need to be a 4 armed, two
headed monstrosity with the strength of either Superman or Goku to apply deadly force(fun fact: if you qualify for the SMGs you are already a deadly force on your own and do not need guns). The assault rifle requires you be a regularly functioning human being to apply deadly force.

Holy Crap! Churchy you got competition mate!

Anyway, I don't think admins are going to add many more class-only items. There still are not enough run items right now.. the 3 shot has been around for AGES...and it is STILL top dog in runs years later after many additions. I would rather see a variety of items that could replace or better complement the 3shot.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:27 pm
over 9000!

Exactly why I'm suggesting this thing, Goldie. SD's(the lack of them it seems) use(as far as I saw) 3shot+MT on runs. However, we don't want to have a sniper use its higher dps to help destroy things.

And the current SD-only weapons are total shit.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:53 pm