Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Post Re: [T20 Weapon][SD]Faranji Sterilization.
3 shot + MT is what pretty much every class uses on runs. I personally want to see more end game run weapons so we can deviate a bit from this combo.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

saran wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Whats more fun to shoot? An assault rifle or two SMG's duel-wield assuming both sets have the same rof, penetration, recoil, and range?

Spoken like someone who hs never shot a gun in their entire life...

Dual wielding handguns is already an exceptionally stupid attempt in real life, and yet they are also the only type of gun you could make a case for actually doing it with in reality.

Sub Machine Guns are known for 2 things; inaccuracy and kick. If you ever in your life had fired weapon you would know this(even a little .22 used for squirrel/rabbit hunting gives a significant enough kick to force you to re-aim before a followup shot). Take any 2 SMGs, let's use MP5s or hell mini Uzis for example: first your eye's need to not meld their vision while open t the same time(not possible), then they need to be set roughly 2 feet apart at minimum to sight correctly(not possible, or is it? No. It's not), then you need to be Superman so you can control the recoil on both weapons simultaneously(not possible unless you are from Krypton).

Even the lowest recoil SMGs made today are completely impossible to aim while firing full auto that is why machine gun sights give you a "beating zone" instead of a target you can hit..

In short unless your target is 2 feet in front of you and paraplegic you aren't hitting shit dual wielding a set of SMGs. So, unless you think spraying fifty bucks in ammunition out in about 2 seconds without ever hitting what you wanted to hit is fun, then the assault rifle is many times more fun.

Assault rifles make you use both hands(suppressing the recoil much more effectively), allow you to use the sights(making each shot hundreds of times more effective than your SMGs), and there is only one of them, which may not seem important, but consider this; when you need to reload in a game doing this your guns go off screen and immediately come back the very next second reloaded. In actuality you need to lay you weapons down to retrieve two more magazines then separately jack each one in(provided you don't have 4 arms, in which case you're fine). Conversely to reload an assault rifle I can [a] use stacking clips and it will take me less than a second and I don't even have to take my eyes away from the sights, or [b] I can carry a pack with spare clips in which case it yet again takes less than a second and I don't have to take my eyes away from the sights.

So, tell me. Which would you rather fire, but before you answer let's recap: to be effective with the dual SMGs you need to be a 4 armed, two
headed monstrosity with the strength of either Superman or Goku to apply deadly force(fun fact: if you qualify for the SMGs you are already a deadly force on your own and do not need guns). The assault rifle requires you be a regularly functioning human being to apply deadly force.

Holy Crap! Churchy you got competition mate!

Anyway, I don't think admins are going to add many more class-only items. There still are not enough run items right now.. the 3 shot has been around for AGES...and it is STILL top dog in runs years later after many additions. I would rather see a variety of items that could replace or better complement the 3shot.

I was bored and had been reading Cracked articles all day, I could not help it...

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

So that's why bosses in wolf3D are fat...

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6545

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Exactly why I'm suggesting this thing, Goldie. SD's(the lack of them it seems) use(as far as I saw) 3shot+MT on runs. However, we don't want to have a sniper use its higher dps to help destroy things.

And the current SD-only weapons are total shit.

MT has been around forever..and so has 3shot. Also most class items are total junk. Very few are worth even considering around middle game and almost none are applicable to end game except the sniper gear and some of the seer beams for pvp.

The bigger problem is that no matter what items they introduce...those ANCIENT weapons are still preferred. They need new items made. But classlocking them would be a damn shame.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Theres actually a number of ruins that are indeed class locked. Just none that are T20.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:05 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

I personally like the Corundum Thorax. Besides that weapon, a lot of the Lower tech class locked weapons are under-appreciated, underused or worth using. Problem is that players did tech out of gear too fast to invest in making a nice set of weapons or shields.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!

A number of higher tier, but lower tech weapons, for the various classes, of a variety of weapon types and damage types, would be nice.

Same should be done with class gear, too. I need to reproduce my description I gave to KC.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Brutal Thorax ftw!

Why not just give all pulses for SD's more speed? Then they could all be used in the same way a SD uses a 3-shot ^.^

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Cygnus wrote:
Brutal Thorax ftw!

Why not just give all pulses for SD's more speed? Then they could all be used in the same way a SD uses a 3-shot ^.^

They would need a lot more tracking for that to work.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:22 pm
over 9000!

Cygnus wrote:
Brutal Thorax ftw!

Sure, lets give the 3shot even more speed....
It is still a pulse gun. It has 3 bullets, but it acts exactly like my ai base bought pusification. Ofc theres fires and more tracking, but it's deffo not a mag.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Well, Sure, give them enough tracking so it's balanced, of course. The idea is to make them hit more often with pulses, not less. If they can hit more often with them, they'll use them more often, so we'll end up with more dogfighting and less pulse-waving(annoying and boring!).

landswimmer wrote:

Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:39 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

What about a completely new "style" of weapon, apart from the pulse/laser/torp/etc options currently. Like a weapon that fires a slow-moving pulse (PSS-ish) and the next shot from the weapon fires a mid-range, thin laser that "activates" the pulse and causes high damage on the target.

This was actually an idea I had for Gunner, where they launch a projectile and had to detonate it with laser to cause damage. The catch is it is very tricky to get the "bomb" close enough to the target and still hit it with the "trigger", but the reward is high damage.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:06 am
over 9000!

So basically a one man jux?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:08 am

Except with a laser as the activation device. It's not a bad idea, either.

landswimmer wrote:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:15 am