Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Post Neurobound Olympus Gear!
Now that you can't drop your gear anymore (or at least at a very low chance), then I am going to suggest the possibility to neuro bound more Olympus gear! Neuro binding weapons will be too powerful, but how about:

- Engines
- Radars
- Expanders

Make them take the normal requirements for neuro binding, and weighted them with a 10% or 20% bonus to the stats. This will give players more reason to do Olympus runs and make use of their shards if they have spare ones. It will most likely also balance out a bit more the (over)powered part of some T20 primal gears (and other very overpowered T20 or less items) that outclasses many Olympus engines/radars/expanders.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 am
Team: Traders
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

Post Re: Neurobound Olympus Gear!
Enough with the neurobinding BS already and loose the neurobindings on all existing gear.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Neurobound gear is vastly more powerful, or unique, compared to non NB gear. Some of these NB gear are also low tech. If they were not NB, you could crank up the power of an alt and use its low levelness to rape people.

I've always wanted to have an alt with the firepower of a level 2000 Seer Panther, but level 300.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 am

Bonecrusher wrote:
Enough with the neurobinding BS already and loose the neurobindings on all existing gear.

You have the option to not neuro bind them, and they will be slightly less powerful than the neuro bound version. You do not have to neuro bind an item if you don't wan't to. But it is an option for some people that have the ability to actually do this.

If you call bullshit on neuro bound Olympus gear, then I suggest you try to get it removed, and see where you end up. I have a bad feeling that the entire game will go against you.

Oh, and to cross the line Bonecrusher, I am going to talk to the Traders leadership so they can teach you a thing or two if you keep on making posts like this.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:30 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

yes war him for an opinion, you look cool that way.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 am
Profile WWW

If you go around and make generalizations and accusations like that, then you can expect nothing less than being an enemy topbuzz. I thought you had learned something from being on Death Mental.

And please, don't sit around and derail topics when they actually are important and count as a serious suggestion.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:50 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

You already derailed yourself by threatening Bonecrusher for having an opinion. A forum is where people of differing opinions come together to post their views, not where everyone is afraid to post opinions contra to SBP members or get warred.

If a topic is really that important then it needs as much discussion and debate as possible. By banning those of opposing views you only seek to belittle the importance you are trying to convey!

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:06 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
You already derailed yourself by threatening Bonecrusher for having an opinion. A forum is where people of differing opinions come together to post their views, not where everyone is afraid to post opinions contra to SBP members or get warred.

If a topic is really that important then it needs as much discussion and debate as possible. By banning those of opposing views you only seek to belittle the importance you are trying to convey!

I am telling Bonecrusher that what he is saying is not of interest of the topic. If he want to discuss neuro bound gear in general, then he can do so in another post, because there have been no complains about it in the entire player base. Here is an example:

Let's pretend we are talking about american politics. I have no knowledge about it, I don't listen to it, neither am I involved in it. Yet I go on into a discussion and tries to tell everyone that american politics in general is bullshit.

Do you think that will make people accept my point of view, based on having no clue of what I am talking about?

The day Bonecrusher has been to 50+ Olympus runs and have several Olympus ships with 2-3, maybe even as much as 5-6 neurobound Olympus items, and of course some 10-20 other Olympus items that makes him able to compare them to lower tech gear, then yes he can raise his opinion.

Yet again, here is another point to why I made this discussion: Traders raised great doubt about the Hephaestus Coppersmith Expander. The only way to improve these items seems to be neuro binding them. Hence the suggestion.

We post our views on the forum, we claim others to be wrong and attack their opinions, but do we sit around and accuse teams of just warring people over their opinions, then I am going to say this: We war people who annoy us and post the very, very wrong things, at the very wrong time.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:22 am
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

Yes Bonecrusher can make some irrelevant posts from time to time, but this wasn't one. I suggest you don't threaten Traders members for having an opinion. He was against Neurobinding is all he said.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 am

Please enlighten me with your points on why his post is relevant and your opinion as well.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 am
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

Because he is saying he is against your idea, a normal person would then have an incentive to try and convince the other person of why he should agree with you, instead you threaten him.

But hey, I'm out of here before you war me >.>

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:43 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Bonecrusher is against a great many things. And he doesn't often change his mind. So trying to convince him is moot.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Personally I love the idea. Why not have a 10-30% boost in the stats for something as simple as NBing them. The only reason why I would suspect anyone to ever disagree with boosting their gear is if they were poor and needed to sell the item. Which none of the people who actively do oly and have t21 gear are :D

But of course the only way you could NB an item was AFTER the character who is going to have it forever is in possession. Otherwise that would be retarded xD

Also I think ALL t21 in game should have the option of being NBed, through a mission requiring ada, dem, shards, etc.

Fun stuff :)

derp :)

- Paxx

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:45 pm
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Meh.

Last edited by Javatech on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Javatech wrote:
but he still has a right to an opinion.

Lol

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm