Team: Traders
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

Post Ship repairing
Slaves, especially non combat slaves, but I think combat slaves too, should auto repair every time they dock... you just shouldn't have to worry about repairing them.

Termite kills one or more slave...player revives the slave(s) and issues Follow Orders... first base the slave(s) dock at repairs it/them. All bases, AI and user should be able to repair ships gear.

Combat slave is killed, player docks them and they are auto repaired.

If the player can't afford to repair their ship(s) then a DEBT is incurred and the player goes into the red until their account gets an influx of Credits.

Their should be a mechanism to allow TEAM FUNDS to be used to repair member's ships, with a daily limit set by the team's Director. The player should be asked (option boxes) if they want to use their funds or team funds to repair their personal ships. (WoW feature)

The idea of having Micro and Nano gear bits floating off a killed ship really needs to be rethought... most is lost before the player can get back into their ship anyway... just loose the concept altogether... it just add an unnecessary layer of complexity and is a major detraction from game play. You die your ship is flagged with a yellow or red flag depending on the severity of the damage to gear. You dock and click the REPAIR button. KISS

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:53 am
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Post Re: Ship repairing
Or, add a "Repair" command, then give the slaves the some money. We wouldn't want it to be that easy :roll:

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Bastamental wrote:
Or, add a "Repair" command, then give the slaves the some money. We wouldn't want it to be that easy :roll:

You go and give slaves some money and they get all uppity and think they're free to run outta it (ever have a trade slave going about its business with no credits?). Best is to auto draw on player's bank or team bank.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Bonecrusher wrote:
Bastamental wrote:

You go and give slaves some money and they get all uppity and think they're free to run outta it (ever have a trade slave going about its business with no credits?). Best is to auto draw on player's bank or team bank.

Agreed.

EDIT: /signed

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

You dock, message window: would you like to do a full ship repair for X credits? similar for slaves.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:44 pm
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 5455

andezrhode3 wrote:
You dock, message window: would you like to do a full ship repair for X credits? similar for slaves.

/signed

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 pm

andezrhode3 wrote:

Most of your slaves, trade and mining, never dock except at uni reset with the player.

Is much better to treat ALL slaves the same and auto repair.

Slave Repair statement could be shown in the Player Window, (The person looking icon at the bottom right.)

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:39 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

Bonecrusher wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:

Most of your slaves, trade and mining, never dock except at uni reset with the player.

Is much better to treat ALL slaves the same and auto repair.

Slave Repair statement could be shown in the Player Window, (The person looking icon at the bottom right.)

I thought you were referring to combat slaves.
The only way that trade and mining slaves will get damaged will be via death, which you'll either not notice, and it will spaceship itsself, or you will notice it and unstasis it, at which point you could dock it and repair it, or let it continue its job damaged. Either way, you had an opportunity to do something with it.

How about, whenever you unstasis a slave of any type, you get a repair message. But that doesn't work, because you could then use your slaves in a BvB ad infinitum, which defeats the system.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

I think we need to move towards a more "digital" management for credits. Although the dropped "coins" makes SS sort of unique(not really, as it's definitely not the first game to have coins as drops from enemies), it is more of a hassle to scoop and transfer etc.

I'd like to see a system that moves away from physical interaction and more towards a digital financial system where you can buy goods remotely and send money remotely. People could put "missions" in their playerbase and load them into a digital market that charges for advertising. You could advertise trading ada for plat 2:1 at unlimited quantities, and someone could just go do a repeatable mission at your base.

As well as killing enemies does an instant transfer instead of spending 10 seconds scooping coins in a dg.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

i actually like the choice not to scoop the cash, i hate that emp tithe :P

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

if you want the cash and are too lazy to scoop i think ur too lazy to scoop.

me.. i'm too lazy to scoop unless it's a boss.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:02 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Well the boss credits comes with the territory... haha

tbh I only take the loot xD

They should make regular AI drop millions, and the boss drop like 70-80m depending on what DF you are in.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:35 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

I like the basis behind the idea but I think it's a bit off-target. I think we should be able to deposit credits into a 'repair fund'. Of which we can limit how much money is used to 'instantly' repair items while we're docked. It should also have a check-list so we can decide what ships, or what types of ships we want to be repaired. I wouldn't want my Trade-Slaves auto-repairing in the event of death (LOL, like that happens, if your trade slave dies in your galaxy, or even a Juxta you should go hang yourself) I wouldn't want it using it's money to repair itself as then it will have less to buy/sell goods between bases.

TIMMEH

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:28 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Oh, also make the money non-refundable, so people cannot use it as a way to hide their cash.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:29 pm