Team: Traders
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

Post New player to many player selling system
Once the cesspool of bugs are squished...

I propose WoW like Auction Houses. Players put goods up for auction, set a minimum and a buyout price and an auction duration length, (TBD, I suggest one day to one week). Auctions aren't free and the SS money pit gets a percentage fee for services rendered, charged up front and modified when a sales occurs. Items not sold revert to the player, minus the initial auction fee. Auction houses would be in Protected Space, or they could be added to all AI bases.

Buyers would scan the goods up for auction by groups. (Items, Weapons, etc.) Modded items would show their mods. Ship that are in item form can be sold no matter what tech level, ships in use would be limited to Tech 18, just like you're transferring the ship to its new owner as a slave, the new owner will have to make sure that the ship in slave form is equipped with gear that they have the necessary skills to use before they can Undock it.

Neuro bound items can't be auctioned.

The Auction Houses would not scrap the existing selling from player bases.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:11 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: New player to many player selling system
Don't know about selling ship-form slaves, but I've always been in favor of some sort of auction house. It could definitely be done without making current player shops obsolete. Of course, this has got to be the 10th time at least that someone has suggested this.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:51 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

Yeah it always struck me that SS is one of the only MMO game without a somwhat efficient market system [I mean really, even the shitty runescape eventually developed an auction house system instead of the incessant spamming that trading used to be years ago- the star sonata today].

Would be nice to have, as I found one of the harder obstacles to overcome in SS coming back to the game again was getting over small commodity & item bottlenecks (time mostly spamming trade & farming yourself) where fair credits offered can't buy on a small scale (somewhat due to hoarders but mostly end-game ppl who cba to sell and tailor to each individual, admittedly being on a team helps in this scenario).

I'm sure that if a market were implemented, it would immensely improve the gaming experience of entry level players. That is, they'll be able to get better access to financing, goods, and reduce time wasted in searching efforts [sorry Lemon :D ]. Sure, it would be admittedly harder to say sell an absconditus for 100b, but in RL unless both parties are aware of the fair value I don't really think that's legal anyways.

EDIT: Another side consequence, this would make living under the radar a little easier for pirates :P More PvP?

/signed

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:09 pm
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

I always thought it would be cool to have a search feature for all the player bases in the Uni. A player that wants to buy something can reserve it and go pick it up at that shop. Kind of the way Best Buy lets you buy online and pick up at the store.

Obviously, the base owner would be able to opt in or out of the service, as well as set the amount of time an item will be held for the buyer.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

the search feature is all thats needed. we mustn't rob the game of one of the great unique features of SS that is flying round shopping. If anything players need ways to make their shopping gals more unique. I know its easy to just copy wow's model on everything but when i played wow and entered stormwind i thought wow all these people just stood here doing nothing reminds me of sol in SS, but worse. I thought wouldn't it me cool if wow expanded the city to allow player build able shops and houses where u could set your own missions and trade counter... then I was back in SS :)

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

As topbuzz.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am