Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Post New Player Credit Bonus
I was thinking, I've seen in other games that those games use their in-game money to lure people to continue playing by doing some sort of deal like: every day you log in you'll receive $50 farm cash or whatever. So I figured why not have SS do the same thing. Give the new f2p arrivals something to get them coming back for a week or so. (I remember when I first started, it wasn't till about the third day of playing that I actually started enjoying myself) So have a deal like for each day a new player logs on (up to 10 days or something) they'll receive 1m credits free. For a new player thats a nice sum of money for them to get started with.

Also while I'm here, I was thinking of some sort of new system for players who promote star sonata to other people. Because F2P limits are now... well limitless, it will mean a lot longer before people start subbing. However the person who got them playing should be rewarded for their efforts. Have some sort of link that for every time someone (new) clicks on it. The person will be credited with 1m or something, or maybe for like 50 clicks they get a months worth of sub? Anyways, just a thought.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

Post Re: New Player Credit Bonus
Where's timmeh?

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 pm
Team: Eternity
Main: Assassin's Sniper
Level: 4011

Camsy wrote:
I was thinking, I've seen in other games that those games use their in-game money to lure people to continue playing by doing some sort of deal like: every day you log in you'll receive $50 farm cash or whatever. So I figured why not have SS do the same thing. Give the new f2p arrivals something to get them coming back for a week or so. (I remember when I first started, it wasn't till about the third day of playing that I actually started enjoying myself) So have a deal like for each day a new player logs on (up to 10 days or something) they'll receive 1m credits free. For a new player thats a nice sum of money for them to get started with.

This can be used to farm money on a large scale, ridiculous as it seems but there are people that will try it.

Camsy wrote:
Also while I'm here, I was thinking of some sort of new system for players who promote star sonata to other people. Because F2P limits are now... well limitless, it will mean a lot longer before people start subbing. However the person who got them playing should be rewarded for their efforts. Have some sort of link that for every time someone (new) clicks on it. The person will be credited with 1m or something, or maybe for like 50 clicks they get a months worth of sub? Anyways, just a thought.

This can easily make ss look bad, imagine people going to other games and just spamming that ss is better, I think you will find that it will make people not want to play it.

+1 Internets

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

goett wrote:
Where's timmeh?

Huh?

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

asassainscreed wrote:
This can be used to farm money on a large scale, ridiculous as it seems but there are people that will try it.

It's 10m over 10 days, you going to run 100 accounts to get 1b in 10 days? No one will do that.

Sounds like a good idea, it should be tied into the Earthforce/Volcom starting scenario - they pay you for activity (1m can be collected per day for the first 10 days).

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:12 am
Team: Eternity
Main: Assassin's Sniper
Level: 4011

Madridista wrote:
asassainscreed wrote:

It's 10m over 10 days, you going to run 100 accounts to get 1b in 10 days? No one will do that.

Sounds like a good idea, it should be tied into the Earthforce/Volcom starting scenario - they pay you for activity (1m can be collected per day for the first 10 days).

Well I was assuming per character, so thats like 50mil per 10 days which would be 5bil with 100 accounts.

Still I would do it >.>

+1 Internets

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

asassainscreed wrote:
Madridista wrote:
asassainscreed wrote:

Well I was assuming per character, so thats like 50mil per 10 days which would be 5bil with 100 accounts.

Still I would do it >.>

Just IP lock new accounts, maximum of 5 created per month.
Also, you can do MS once and get 5b -_- it's just a waste of time.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:41 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

I'd rather see a system of rewarding neurobound "tokens" that you can spend on really good low-tech gear for logging in. So log in 10 days in a row and you'll get 10 tokens that you can spend on epic neurobound class-specific gear from lyceum, or non class-specific from earth central. Or a new base for mission hubs or something.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:49 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Camsy wrote:

We already have this, it's a referral system and you can find your referral link on the page with subscription information on the website.

You get a 1 or 2 space points for each player you get to sub, and a month costs 2 points.

As for the incentive thing, 1m might be a bit much, since they get 10m, spend it and get stuck with bad gear because they bought the wrong stuff. Biggees tokens sounds like a better idea, we can make more items like that Barrage one.

Support

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:56 am