Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Post Another idea for PvP incentive
Just a though and I know you devs probs have something up your sleeve that you'll implement soon but I was thinking something along the lines of a credit reward for attempting to PvP someone, possibly mission based or something? But I like the idea of little noob throwing themselves at my ship and watching them bouncing off and laughing until the decide to swarm me. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Also another possible idea is to make a new PvP level cap system where you can't attack players a certain level below you (like normal) but if they initialise PvP (attack you first) it unlocks you and allows you to fight back. I think these ideas could sort of be connected but I'd like to hear what people think.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Another idea for PvP incentive
I would like missions to kill the top 100 players. Would be fun :)

EDIT: As in make a mission script that let's you search players' names and then kill an AI version of their current setup.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:17 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

How would you prevent collusion? Make friends with a high-level player, get the mission to kill him, pop him in a scoutship, profit.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:27 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Well it would be his most used ship. Which for most people is their combat ship.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

It's exploitable, I think it's best to wait for this next admin announcement and make suggestions along the lines of the admins vision for the game. I think bageese alluded to this coming soon - so stockpile ideas and get ready to [s]flame[/s] constructively critisise.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

PvP Bounty ideas all suck, regardless of how much balancing you put into it.

In SS, where ships do NOT blow up. Bounty for 500m on random person. Friend kills his ship. Both split bounty.

In EVE, where ships DO blow up. Bounty of 25m(which is like 500m for us) on pirate. Pirate gets in rookie ship/shuttle and has friend kill him. Friend collects bounty from concord and splits with pirate.

And there is nothing you can do to stop either situation.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

I think the main problem is for the amount of time we put into this game, no body wants to spend the equivalent of 200b on their galaxys/ Proddys/ colonies/ stuff that is in the process of building, to see all their stuff lost over a war or pirating pvp. It would just be devastating. I think this game lacks something that players can fall back on if their pvp pvb attempts fails.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
PvP Bounty ideas all suck, regardless of how much balancing you put into it.

In SS, where ships do NOT blow up. Bounty for 500m on random person. Friend kills his ship. Both split bounty.

In EVE, where ships DO blow up. Bounty of 25m(which is like 500m for us) on pirate. Pirate gets in rookie ship/shuttle and has friend kill him. Friend collects bounty from concord and splits with pirate.

And there is nothing you can do to stop either situation.

The only way I can see this working, is combining it with a faction-type system (one player is rewarded for the kill, the killed player is penalised). So a mission could be "[player y] you have been assigned to assassinate [player x]" and "[player x] you have been assigned to assassinate [player y]". Success will reap rewards/promo/etc...Failure will have to face the punishment/demotion/cost.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:49 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Must have the factions be on a separate zone, or then, like EVE, I could do a few random missions for Caldari after killing Caldari friend, and I get neutral standings again. We split the money.

Because, if it was NOT on a different zone...can you imagine what would happen if 1/3 or 1/4 or even 1/2 of neutral space became unplayable(due to the fact the enemy faction would kill you). In a sandbox game. Means I get now sue JeffL, and win the case, even though it's a stupid argument for the first place.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Must have the factions be on a separate zone, or then, like EVE, I could do a few random missions for Caldari after killing Caldari friend, and I get neutral standings again. We split the money.

Because, if it was NOT on a different zone...can you imagine what would happen if 1/3 or 1/4 or even 1/2 of neutral space became unplayable(due to the fact the enemy faction would kill you). In a sandbox game. Means I get now sue JeffL, and win the case, even though it's a stupid argument for the first place.

Agreed, bounties is a tricky one.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:57 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

ELITE wrote:
I would like missions to kill the top 100 players. Would be fun :)

EDIT: As in make a mission script that let's you search players' names and then kill an AI version of their current setup.

I'm 38th on the leedurboard and didn't get there by being a good PvP'er as any SS player will tell you :P

But that would be somewhat cool xD haha, ONLY if everyone in the top 50 gets a Red Star next to their name :D MOAR BADGES <3

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 pm