Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Post Nerf drone dps and make them cheaper
As the title says! I thought it was meant to be a support class.

And now we wait for CSE in all his glory...

seanla4350 wrote:
Make a new topic about it and I will show you a support engineer that really makes a good example of what the class is capable of.

If you aug your Engineer for drone strength mainly, then you deserve to have strong drones. But your main ship is most likely going to be terrible.

*waits patiently*

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:45 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

Post Re: Nerf drone dps and make them cheaper
So because Engineer is a support class, we should have weaker drones.
So because Shield Monkey is a support class, we should have weaker slaves?
So because Speed Demon/Seer is a Recon class, we should have weaker weaponry, because recon is normally not to do with killing?
Etc.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:02 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

No. Just NO.

It pisses me off that people think just because of the "support" label that DMs should be crap.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Last edited by Visorak on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

andezrhode3 wrote:
So because Engineer is a support class, we should have weaker drones.
So because Shield Monkey is a support class, we should have weaker slaves?
So because Speed Demon/Seer is a Recon class, we should have weaker weaponry, because recon is normally not to do with killing?
Etc.

The author of the topic is saying things that people (Includingn CSE) have said for a long time about engineer, just in a very crude way.

Simply put - Engineer is too powerful. How you would fix it? LOL, glad I'm not incharge of that.
(Although I think I could do it very well)

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Well you gave us a fucking 4 slot Freighter. What did you expect us to do with it, use 4xApollo and suck ass?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:08 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

People take the names of the classes too seriously. Engineer is very powerful, but it's inane to argue this on the basis of semantics. Oh yeah, and my Speed Demon out-DPSes any T20 regen Zerk and some T21s.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Mail wrote:
The author of the topic is saying things that people (Includingn CSE) have said for a long time about engineer, just in a very crude way.

Simply put - Engineer is too powerful. How you would fix it? LOL, glad I'm not incharge of that.
(Although I think I could do it very well)

Timmeh

+1 respect for Timmeh!

Every be silent and wait for Lord of the E-Peen, His Excellency CSE to address the subject.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:11 pm

anilv wrote:
People take the names of the classes too seriously. Engineer is very powerful, but it's inane to argue this on the basis of semantics. Oh yeah, and my Speed Demon out-DPSes any T20 regen Zerk and some T21s.

enkelin your maths blinds you! The argument is not based on semantics, read the quote - Thermal wanted someone to roll out the red carpet for him, so here it is.

Visorak wrote:
No. Just NO.

It pisses me off that people think just because of the "support" label that DMs should be crap.

They aren't "DM's" - that is just part of the Engineer class. And in my opinion (and no doubt a few others) drones are too expensive and have too much dps.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:13 pm

andezrhode3 wrote:
Well you gave us a fucking 4 slot Freighter. What did you expect us to do with it, use 4xApollo and suck ass?

Even before T21 they were very over powered, you know this.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:26 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

The cost of drones when they die is the main argument for reducing their firepower. Compare it to any other class, Engineer stands to lose a lot more per death than even the unluckiest FC.

The idea of reducing firepower, but perhaps increasing defenses a bit more, and vastly reducing cost of drones...like with a drone generator*, puts it on par with monk's ability to heal its slaves.

*A drone generator is built, dropped, or obtained in any way possible, in place of the drone. Hotkey and equip, then charge the gen up. Pop out a drone. Scoop the drone, and the gen charges up like the current system. Destroy the drone, and depending on the drone, there is a cooldown for the gen, then the drone gen can be charged again for a new drone.

The primary argument against generators is the big hit to the armada market that will come.

So, my argument, is that Shield Monkeys, FC's, and anyone who uses slaves, should have to replace their slaves' weapons when the slaves die. Just like Engineers.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The cost of drones when they die is the main argument for reducing their firepower. Compare it to any other class, Engineer stands to lose a lot more per death than even the unluckiest FC.

The idea of reducing firepower, but perhaps increasing defenses a bit more, and vastly reducing cost of drones...like with a drone generator*, puts it on par with monk's ability to heal its slaves.

*A drone generator is built, dropped, or obtained in any way possible, in place of the drone. Hotkey and equip, then charge the gen up. Pop out a drone. Scoop the drone, and the gen charges up like the current system. Destroy the drone, and depending on the drone, there is a cooldown for the gen, then the drone gen can be charged again for a new drone.

The primary argument against generators is the big hit to the armada market that will come.

So, my argument, is that Shield Monkeys, FC's, and anyone who uses slaves, should have to replace their slaves' weapons when the slaves die. Just like Engineers.

This is giving engineers what they want. They want drones to be cheaper, less loss when they die. Having them weakened is a a fair compromise.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Mail wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

This is giving engineers what they want. They want drones to be cheaper, less loss when they die. Having them weakened is a a fair compromise.

Timmeh

Excuse me, anyone that calls themself an engineer better be good. If they're good, they realize that the amount of money made vs. drone losses is epic, since losses are rare once you're set up nicely.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:26 pm

andezrhode3 wrote:
Mail wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Timmeh

Excuse me, anyone that calls themself an engineer better be good. If they're good, they realize that the amount of money made vs. drone losses is epic, since losses are rare once you're set up nicely.

I know, and yet, they STILL bitch.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:29 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Yeah, but so is the money I can make with my teammate's Shm. I also make good money with my snipers.

The difference, however, is the money I make with those characters, and my engineer, cannot make up for losing 4 AID's in one go. And without good drones, the smaller ubers become impossible. We're not talking about uber engineers like Thermal.

We're talking about the other 95% of engineers.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:33 pm

The fact is drones need a dps nerf, and with a dps nerf they obviously need to become cheaper to obtain. This also fits in nicely with carebear2.0 that when you die, you don't lose much of extreme value.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:02 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next