Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Do you like the idea of a Drone Repair System?
Poll ended at Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 am
Yes 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
No 54%  54%  [ 14 ]
Unsure 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

Post Re: Drone Repair System
i like drone husks for a good term

just disregarding what i said previously for sake of getting one mechanism down... how's this.

drone dies, it stays deployed but goes nonfunctional. it turns orange or blue glow or something along those lines to signify it's dead. it stays deployed now and dead taking 0 slots. you can either get in your ship and scoop immediately (10 second invuln if pvp helps to scoop and also if in a dg or instance you can log out log in and drone husks should pop out with you) or deploy another set and worry about them later.

once you get the husk you can repair it by a mechanism we've yet to discuss.

how's that sound so far? i can see that might be easy to program. if a dead drone drops parts odds are you might see debris decay before you can get it, or someone else can just snatch it.

things i didn't include... how long should dead drone husk remain deployed and dead under this sort of design? how's 6 hours for all dead drones across the board?

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:46 am
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

For those of who who think drones are OverPowered, I'd glady give up armada inferno/ambush drones in exchange for 5 drones that were more varied but lesser DPS.

The drone market is a great one, because they're consumables. And not everyone would be able to afford a drone generator, but those who could, can keep it for themselves by

1) keeping the drones for themselves from the bp's that are ingame, old school style
2) using the drones along with a shitton of money/rare commods to make a generator (NB?) that makes drones (definitely NB) ONLY up to the amount that you put in. So a bluerpint for AID bp (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) an (6).

generator But if could, and new drones were formed at a rate of (x) every few minutes in the hull to the maximum drones you put INTO the generator, (1-3) if non-engi, (1-6) if engineer, so those would be class bound. So if you have a drone generator, in my opinion it should have durability so that drones are 50% effective at 50% and 10% and 10% as is now with other items. Or even if they IMMEDIATELY went to 50% after 1 death and 10% after 2 deaths so that the drones that were made with it from then on would be next to useless without repairs, which would be costly but any droner should happily pay. Thoughts?

Then instead of spending endless and annoying time to find drones that may not even exist on the market for several days, all you have to do is wait for drones to respawn in your hull or repair the generator. Just like other classes. If AID are too powerful in most opinions (which is everyone) i'd rather have more t20 drones with more variety of damages and nerf their DPS if that's what it takes.

P.S. I'm on laughing gas and sedative atm so bear with me if a few grammatical errors are up there

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:30 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

goett wrote:

just disregarding what i said previously for sake of getting one mechanism down... how's this.

drone dies, it stays deployed but goes nonfunctional. it turns orange or blue glow or something along those lines to signify it's dead. it stays deployed now and dead taking 0 slots. you can either get in your ship and scoop immediately (10 second invuln if pvp helps to scoop and also if in a dg or instance you can log out log in and drone husks should pop out with you) or deploy another set and worry about them later.

how's that sound so far? i can see that might be easy to program. if a dead drone drops parts odds are you might see debris decay before you can get it, or someone else can just snatch it.

things i didn't include... how long should dead drone husk remain deployed and dead under this sort of design? how's 6 hours for all dead drones across the board?

That is pretty much what i suggested in OP....the drone instead of exploding becomes a scoopable scrap/drone and is able to be repaired is some fashion.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

goett wrote:

/signed
I do like the glow idea too. Not sure on the time they'd stay around for. I'm kind of biased towards basing it directly on tech level, though.

Madridista it's very close to everyone's drone repair idea. Goett has just filled in all the details and basicly what should be added to the game for sure. He included things like how the husks won't take slots and having them pop out of DGs. The whole idea is still a work in progress.

The devs will have to watch to make sure they don't make radiation weapons turn drones into husks if they have the final hit.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6