Main: yellow
Level: 1946

Post New Seer Items idea
So, from what I have seen with the direction seers are going, it is not "One shot kill" But "Shot, warp, hide, shoot" So I propose a new line of mission items for seers to use to bring them into the new age of T21 gear!

All stats are suggestions and as such are likely to be changed.

Seer's Worm-Hole Device - Warps you 2-4k away from your target. 1 minute cool down.

Advanced Seer Rift Generator - Warps you behind the target - 1000 distance maximum - 1 minute 30 second cool down.

Seer's Space-Time Cloaking - Instantly removes all Visibility adding debuffs (spotty beam, flare gun etc.). 3 minute cool down - You will not be able to fire for 20 seconds after using this.

EDIT: I also would like to add some powerful debuffing weaponry to seers for use in PvAI. The current healing weapons for seers are not great, and they seem more in place with Engineer's then for a seer to use. In my view of a seer they should be able to cripple a target, then get away unscathed. So something that hurt your target a fair amount to make us useful in Olympus would be desired.

Explosive Nano Bots: Adds a nanite to the AI, that cause constant damage, and knocks the ship around causing it to spin out of control.

Cannibalistic Nano Bots: Adds a nanite to the AI that disables the ships systems one by one. Cycles through Shield recharge, Energy Recharge, Radar, Engines etc turning them off for a few seconds each.

All of these are T21 and meant to be expensive (10-50b) mission items.

I am not great with stats, if these seem overpowered please suggest changes or more ideas!

Last edited by blacker2359 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:26 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Post Re: New Seer Items idea
Well, I enjoy seeing ideas like these, tho some might need tweaking.

But Seer and Gunner are definitely the two main classes that needs revamp and rework now, and then hopefully we can start working on high end Fleet Commanders and add more fighters and aura generators for those.

Let's first get an Admin response to clarify what they wish for Seer to be like in the future. Much like what Jeff did with Sniper class.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

seanla4350 wrote:

But Seer and Gunner are definitely the two main classes that needs revamp and rework now, and then hopefully we can start working on high end Fleet Commanders and add more fighters and aura generators for those.

Let's first get an Admin response to clarify what they wish for Seer to be like in the future. Much like what Jeff did with Sniper class.

No way, gunner needs reworking first, followed by Seer, as far as stats NOT gear/content. Then ShM Gear waaaaay before FC.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:50 am

Mail wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

No way, gunner needs reworking first, followed by Seer, as far as stats NOT gear/content. Then ShM Gear waaaaay before FC.

Timmeh

I never said that Seer needs rework before Gunner. Stop putting words in my mouth.

And I don't see why Shield Monkey needs anything. They have proper shields/overloaders/transference weapons/energies that are T21, which is their main gear. Just mentioning, Surging Poseidon Hippios Shield Transference, Poseidon Hippios Shield Transference, Jury Rigging of Hephaestus, Voluminous Jupiter Olympios Shield, Undead Narwhal Energy, Heavy Bloodstained Mars Energy, just to mention a few T21 upgrades to your average T20 Shield Monkey gear.

Fleet Commanders have no T21 aura, no T21 fighters, and no Remote Control 21 to go with RadEx 21, which means their most powerful RadEx ship is still a level 900 Big Green.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

seanla4350 wrote:
Mail wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

Timmeh

I never said that Seer needs rework before Gunner. Stop putting words in my mouth.

And I don't see why Shield Monkey needs anything. They have proper shields/overloaders/transference weapons/energies that are T21, which is their main gear. Just mentioning, Surging Poseidon Hippios Shield Transference, Poseidon Hippios Shield Transference, Jury Rigging of Hephaestus, Voluminous Jupiter Olympios Shield, Undead Narwhal Energy, Heavy Bloodstained Mars Energy, just to mention a few T21 upgrades to your average T20 Shield Monkey gear.

Fleet Commanders have no T21 aura, no T21 fighters, and no Remote Control 21 to go with RadEx 21, which means their most powerful RadEx ship is still a level 900 Big Green.

That's all generic gear that Shm's use. We have 3 Mission items which are WORTHLESS transferences, not even a f2p would find them useful.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:16 am

I agree Gunner and seer both need the skills looked at because at the moment no matter what you do we will not be able to compete with other ships, especially T21 wise. We have no weapons (Some heph weapons do look rather nice though) Admins really forgot about seer when it came to Olympus. I have not seen nor heard of any decent seer gear to come from Hermes. So far it looks like admins are really not paying attention to seer, the seer mines where a nice try, but they do horrible damage for there cost.

As far as Shield Monkey goes, you guys are able to contend in the T21 realm very easily, you have many gear options and choices, while gunners have 1-2 choices, and seer it is looking like 1 choice for T21 and that is just a ship. I agree all classes need more missions but the main ones are Seer, Gunner, and Fleet Commander. We have little to none new content that is made for seers. Fleet Commanders and Gunners have Red Photon and Zeus Thrones but that still isn't much.

Admins in general need to start looking at ways to make all classes useful.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 am

Time Warp, generic gear or not, those mentioned items fulfills the class role of a Shield Monkey, and it represents gear that is the top end of what a Shield Monkey could wish for, even tho it is not locked to Shield Monkey only. Even tho an item is not locked to a class does not mean it doesn't count in when comparing classes and gear to other classes.

I can't see how you can even argue that Shield Monkeys needs gear before a Fleet Commander.

blacker2359 wrote:
I agree Gunner and seer both need the skills looked at because at the moment no matter what you do we will not be able to compete with other ships, especially T21 wise. We have no weapons (Some heph weapons do look rather nice though) Admins really forgot about seer when it came to Olympus. I have not seen nor heard of any decent seer gear to come from Hermes. So far it looks like admins are really not paying attention to seer, the seer mines where a nice try, but they do horrible damage for there cost.

As far as Shield Monkey goes, you guys are able to contend in the T21 realm very easily, you have many gear options and choices, while gunners have 1-2 choices, and seer it is looking like 1 choice for T21 and that is just a ship. I agree all classes need more missions but the main ones are Seer, Gunner, and Fleet Commander. We have little to none new content that is made for seers. Fleet Commanders and Gunners have Red Photon and Zeus Thrones but that still isn't much.

Admins in general need to start looking at ways to make all classes useful.

For your comments about Hermes gear, then I can promise you that Hermes gear is amazing for Seers. There is a lot to gain there, and I believe mines can be a really powerful asset for Seers in the future if it is tweaked correctly. They are already really promising the way they are. So gear wise, Seer looks pretty decent. They could do with some more weaponry, but I am more worried about the core of the class not being able to compete with the cores of other classes in terms of usefulness.

For the part about Fleet Commanders and Gunners, then yes, Red Photon ships are amazing. But Gunner needs its entire class revamped, and Fleet Commanders needs more content added for T21, as they pretty much have none (Which is why Jey chose a Prawn over a Zeus Throne: it was the only ship with a T21 aura). I am sure he can also agree to Fleet Commanders needing an expansion to their gear in form of T21 fighters and T21 auras.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:17 am

Ok, I was not aware there was some Hermes gear that was in-game. Thank you for the update thermal. Also I agree with you that seers will not be able to compete with other class, with the way resit are, you would need massive DPH to actually hurt the enemies, and at the same time be able to get away with out being killed your self.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:20 am
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

blacker2359 wrote:
Seer's Space-Time Cloaking - Instantly removes all Visibility adding debuffs (spotty beam, flare gun etc.). 3 minute cool down - You will not be able to fire for 20 seconds after using this.

I didn't read all this thread, but I know for a fact that if this is in/put in, it will do a lot to help in Seers' life in general.

Also a little idea I just had...
Item-Halves[or other] the time you are visible after firing/Halves[or other] the visibility after firing. Locked to class.
Would need to be attained at the end of a LONG chain, tbd.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:25 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I wouldn't say Caduceus or Fire Starter looks particularly good for Seer. I haven't personally seen other weapons in the Hermes zone, though.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:04 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

What about that seer parasite weapon of Dark Kobold? Is it any good?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:10 pm
over 9000!

syberian wrote:

Good does not even begin to describe it, but I highly doubt that it's player obtainable.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

anilv wrote:
syberian wrote:

Good does not even begin to describe it, but I highly doubt that it's player obtainable.

Well, me and Lz got bp once but neither of us has seer and no1 on team gave shit bout it so its rusting in Lz's storage. I can't recall it's name tho :?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:10 pm
over 9000!

He has four or five different parasite weapons. They are all broken. The BP you got might be for a nerfed player version.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Me wants!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm