over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post [M]Cult of the Mastedonte.
With the core skill change and hopefully increased mid game content, the UZ should be bumped up to be needed a minimum of level 1k to enter(really should be 1.5k, but w/e).

Thats part one. Part two is an introduction mission chain intended for a single mid tech player of decent or better gear to complete. The chain ends up with a confrontation with GoTL, but not exactly...where you have to kill him.

Why?
1. Theres this random mission to KILL GoTL in Lyceum.
2. There is a Cult mentioned in the Serengeti missions that opened the gates this time around.
3. GoTL guards a gate from potentially pesky cult members.

So, the chain would be called "Cult of the Mastedonte". It begins with the player interested in the gate itself and what lies behind it. The player links up with Cult members unbeknownst that they are cult members. The player earns the trust of the cult and explores some of its darker secrets. The player rises a bit in the ranks and is tasked with opening the gate. Then the player is filled with guilt as he/she is given his end reward.

More or less that. Below is a draft on the ideas and names for such missions. Remember, this chain is meant for one person of any class about level 750 in T16-T19 gear to complete. Admins don't particularly like spoilers revealed, but if added, topic can be locked/deleted so the new players can explore the chain...

Ex.
Chain starts from some Sol base like Earth Central and is hubbed from Sol.
1. Explore Lyceum, scan the gate.
2. Meet with member in Absol to look for info on the gate. Blue Pirates(SBG leading a few SBB's) attack. Kill them. Finish mission at absol base.
3. Blue Pirates stage a second attack and manage to steal an item important to to gate research. Bring mission item from Blue back to Sol for analysis after it is pried from the Blue that took it.
4. Item shows location of a Temple in Lyceum. Use the coordinates and a galactic locator(specified by mission) to find temple(mission spawned). When near, 3-5 Templar Guards(uses Kasper size and a much weaker GoTL laser) spawn and attack. Fight them off, then scan the temple with a ship scanner(it's a drone, tho)
5. Player must journey back to Absol, and kill the cathedral for a Power Core Crate(which breaks into 4 of the mission items). He/she takes them back to hub base only to find that "corrupted cops" have taken the leader to lyceum for questioning.
6. Break leader out of prison by killing the spawned "warden"(an actual warden AI) in Lyceum. Then keep the 4 temples surrounding the gate alive by fending off the corrupt EF capital ships and the occasional Temple guard(The temples have immobilized the Guardian for the time being) for X minutes. When timer stops, mission ends, the gate opens, and some non aggro Zebras, (visible)Panthers, 2 Rhinos, and a Lion burst from the gate and into the night sky. Return to Sol for the reward, which imo, should be a Cult version of a Zebra(Combat focus), Rhino(Support), Panther(Recon), or Mastedonte(Fleet).

Note: The Cult version serves primarily as an introduction to T20 ships, and as such, is very underpowered compared to the real things, as well as being smaller. For example, the Cult Rhino has only 1050 hull, goes 75 speed, has a solid 10% worse resist everywhere, but has two drone gens(with their own limits on number) for a mini AID and a mini charge, both being weaker than the real things.

Ex.
Mini Armada Infeno uses a Lion Breath and a Scorch's Immolation.
Mini Armada Charge uses an Apprentice's Wand.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 pm
Main: yellow
Level: 1946

Post Re: [M]Cult of the Mastedonte.
Looks very nice Churchill.

More missions are always good, especially ones with a deep story.

My only concern is that the new players won't know that opening the gate was a bad thing. Maybe add a way for the player to find out that they shouldn't have opened the gate?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:32 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

JeffL, from my pms, is very...against taking a side in the "sandbox" game. I find this to be bad. I mean, it's bad for being able to NOT take both sides in the game, but just one at a time.

I suggest an "evil" and a "good" series of missions and chains.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:41 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
JeffL, from my pms, is very...against taking a side in the "sandbox" game. I find this to be bad. I mean, it's bad for being able to NOT take both sides in the game, but just one at a time.

I suggest an "evil" and a "good" series of missions and chains.

I see no problem with that. Not sure there should be missions that let you take the other side, but I do like the general idea of killing off earthforce defenses and letting them get overrun.

But, seriously, a mission for it? You know missions don't actually do anything permanent to the galaxies. You can't ever permanently kill the copper blob. A mission to take the otherside would just be annoying to finish. The only fun in taking the other side is to mess with your own side. If you can't screw your side over, it's boring and bugs OCD people completing missions.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:58 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Mastadonte*.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

ELITE wrote:
Mastadonte*.

*Mastodonte

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:54 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Touche.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 am